Wrath of Kings Official FAQ - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrath of Kings Official FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Acebaur View Post
    That makes no sense. Who gets hit? the model who was cast aside or the model that was engaged from the 2" move.

If it's the latter that makes this ability far less useful. Goritsi are already more glass than cannon, that just makes the mercs even more exposed.

Inspire: When this model performs the Cast Aside action, 1 enemy it engages suffers a [1][RATE] melee attack.

The Inspire is referencing the Ravenscar, as it is the one utilizing the Cast Aside action as well as engaging a model.

Designer and Senior Developer
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

It is less useful against counter attacks, and abilities that require contact to trigger, yes. But you can still pull apart lines and use them to set up for your other units. Plus, pulling Leaders out of position like nothing else in the game. Most of the time you should be able to use the 2" move to engage the thing you tossed, so it can suffer a melee attack.
    Last edited by EvilDave; 10-30-2015 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMON Mr. Black View Post
    Inspire: When this model performs the Cast Aside action, 1 enemy it engages suffers a [1][RATE] melee attack.

The Inspire is referencing the Ravenscar, as it is the one utilizing the Cast Aside action as well as engaging a model.

Reading this again I don't see why the Ravenscar has to renengage to trigger the Inspire. If he's unengaged at the start of the activation and then engages a model and Casts him aside he should be able to target that model with the 1 die attack because that model was an enemy he engaged.

He engaged it before he performed the cast aside action though. At the time of the action he is engaged.

Please clarify:
    A leader orders a combined activation on 3 models that are in base to base contact with the enemy. First action is to attack, 1 of the 3 enemies are killed. Can the model that is not in base to base anymore choose
    to move as a second action even though the other two models are still in base base with the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by ppooter View Post
    Please clarify:
    A leader orders a combined activation on 3 models that are in base to base contact with the enemy. First action is to attack, 1 of the 3 enemies are killed. Can the model that is not in base to base anymore choose
    to move as a second action even though the other two models are still in base base with the enemy.
    Short answer yes.

Longer answer, the leader uses Combines activation on 3 models in base to base contact with 3 enemy models. They choose to use their action first, and each chooses to attack the opponent it is in base contact with. 1 Of these eliminates the model it is in base with. After taking an action all three models now get to take their maneuver, one of the models are unhindered and can take a normal move, the other two must either stay in base contact (essentially not using their maneuver) or they can take a disengage action.

Can the Brood Mastermine trigger Lash Out if it doesn't have it on its card?

Hive Mind: Aura 6”, Each time an enemy attack triggers Lash Out on a model in the area, all friendly models with the Addanii trait within 1” of that model may also trigger Lash Out.

No, Hive Mind gives the ability to "trigger" Lash Out, but if you do not have Lash Out then it does nothing for you

Here's an easy one.

Per the FAQ "Q: Does Lineman Boris still pay Disengage Costs/Penalties for models it flies over (via its Flying specialability)?A: No."

So based on that it would stand to reason that other models with the Flying rule like Gregorio or the Bloodchild also would not pay disengage costs correct?

Here's an easy one.

Per the FAQ "Q: Does Lineman Boris still pay Disengage Costs/Penalties for models it flies over (via its Flying specialability)?A: No."

So based on that it would stand to reason that other models with the Flying rule like Gregorio or the Bloodchild also would not pay disengage costs correct?

They do not pay Disengage when moving over models via Flying, correct.
    A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft

Regadring Raeth's Hold the Line ability. Is there a difference in the game between "moving" and being "placed" Or is it all considered moving? For example, does Raeth's ability stop Ravenscar from using their Cast Aside action?

Regadring Raeth's Hold the Line ability. Is there a difference in the game between "moving" and being "placed" Or is it all considered moving? For example, does Raeth's ability stop Ravenscar from using their Cast Aside action?
    Basically in WoK anything that changes a models position is movement. So Raeth's ability would stop a Ravenscar's Cast Aside action

That's what I figured, which is obnoxious. He basically neutralizes every advantage my army has.

There's definitely a difference between the two, otherwise why would there be two terms? Cast Aside is a "place" not a "move". Raeth would stop Come Hither or Hestra's inspire, but not Cast Aside.
    Last edited by EvilDave; 12-01-2015 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDave View Post
    There's definitely a difference between the two, otherwise why would there be two terms? Cast Aside is a "place" not a "move". Raeth would stop Come Hither or Hestra's inspire, but not Cast Aside.

Well there are two terms because when something says "move a model" it has to go around other models, pay terrain penalties etc. When it says "place" you ignore all that and just place the model anywhere within range even if it would otherwise pass through other models, etc.

Now as for whether that constitutes movement or not, I'm not sure. I can't find anything in the rule book or FAQ about what constitutes movement. So I can only assume that it is the obvious answer of when you move a model it's movement. But I guess we need an official ruling from Shinall on this one

Well there are two terms because when something says "move a model" it has to go around other models, pay terrain penalties etc. When it says "place" you ignore all that and just place the model anywhere within range even if it would otherwise pass through other models, etc.
    Right, that's my point.

Now as for whether that constitutes movement or not, I'm not sure. I can't find anything in the rule book or FAQ about what constitutes movement. So I can only assume that it is the obvious answer of when you move a model it's movement. But I guess we need an official ruling from Shinall on this one
    I don't think it does, but that's only because "place" isn't explained anywhere in the rulebook. Agreed though, a FAQ would be helpful.

Can Precision be used with Will attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDave View Post
    Can Precision be used with Will attacks?

Yes. Precision modifies the die result up or down by 1... Will Attacks roll dice.

Can we confirm whether Raeth denies the Ravenscar their ability or not?

Can we confirm whether Raeth denies the Ravenscar their ability or not?

Yes, his effect would prevent models from being moved in any way, this includes effects that would place them elsewhere.