New Scenario- The 'Hot' In 'Hoth'

Thread: New Scenario- The 'Hot' In 'Hoth'

Default New Scenario- The 'Hot' In 'Hoth'

The 'Hot' in 'Hoth'

Yesterday our scouts found the mother of all bases. The allies have goofed and shown us the location of their largest war factory. However, we can’t get our aircraft close enough to crater the factory with their superior anti aircraft standing guard. However, spies have discovered we can cut the power to these weapons by attacking a steam power plant nearby. We can amass a strike force to destroy that generator.

Summary: The Blightun troops march on to destroy the plant. The allies have to defend it with everything they have. Treat the SOs as the power plant. The power plant has armour level: 4.

Requirements: Rivet Wars: Eastern Front

Suggested: Spearhead Expansion, Battle of Brighton Expansion

Special Rules: Blight- The Blight are pulling out all stops for this offensive. Blight need not worry about Rivets when deploying ground units and heroes.

Allies- The allies can not get land troops to the warehouse fast enough. For this battle only, the Allied forces are allowing you to spawn Scout Air Troops for 1 DP. Only allied infantry can take refuge inside of the factory.

Resources: Allies: 3 DPs 1 Rivet. Blight: 4 DPs

Victory Conditions: Allies gain 1 Victory Point every round. Blight must damage the factory to gain points. For every positive hit gain +1 point. If a Flat grid attack is used, it damages all in the grid, including the factory. First to 8 VPs wins.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by comedianmasta; 05-25-2015 at 02:55 PM.
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

Great Reference:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Love the idea of this one mate, and I can use part of my four grid powerplant that I've started on for it too : )
    Any chance either you or decar could knock it up in the editor so I can print it off? I've got all the scenarios in one ring binder.

Just checking as we will try this on Thurs, you say the allies can take refuge in the factory, is it meant to also act as a bunker?
    Also have you plat tested this one yet? I'm thinking the plant might make the game more even if it was one grid closer to the blight, as there are minimal units that can damage a four strength target, and it'll take a few turns to get into range.
    Also if allies push forward too then blight have to choose to return fire or target well, the target. I only ask as someone who is hated by all dive, and 8 hits whilst loosing units each turn is a big ask.
    That said loving the idea and look forward to Thurs, pics of my plant in game soon to follow : )

Actually sorry two more preperationary questions mate, are secret missions intended for use in this one, and do victory points for killing units/heroes go towards the win target of 8?
    Thanks again : )

This was not play tested. It is a Scenario made for Yaah magazine's Star Wars Issue. I have not been able to play test this just yet, and it was a little rushed. I did change a few things to make it "more" even, however I notice you pointed out several things that poke some holes into it. It is supposed to lean towards the Allies winning but I might have overdone it slightly. The idea was the Blight would be able to over run the map with mechanized units and cheap heroes. If you have the expansions and Blitzkrieg then you would be able to throw tanks at this to make quick work of the allies considerably smaller resources.

I figured taking down tanks, heroes, and other bountied units would help. Not so much taking down the allies but for the allies to show they have a lead against the Blight. I mean, that would be more of a colossal defeat to destroy a giant walker or tank. Also, more blight troops can hit armor type 4 then allied troops. They can potentially over run the allies.

All in all, some balancing will HAVE to be done, I'm sure.
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios