Yet another bit of proof that \'artists\' are wankers - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet another bit of proof that \'artists\' are wankers

Some people really have the nerves, imho she should at least have repaired it for free!

Skwit. ;)

Blog Entries

Originally posted by No Such Agency
    Not get another commission - please NSA! She\'ll be rolling in them from the press on this. Its another case of \"I\'m an artist, I don\'t live in the real world with you serfs, I live on a higher plain inspired by the real truth\" at work.
    I think anybody with half a brain could guess that she plain and simple f**ked up, and was trying to avoid fixing it (for free, thus reducing her profit on the piece). I think all that crap about Blake\'s Enlightenment could only fool the most gullible of suckers, or at least it sounded like complete bullshit to me the moment I read it.
    I agree totally NSA - the problem is that the people who do art (ARTEEESTS) and the people who buy that art (GUILLIBLE WHITE WINE AND BRIE FEEDERS) look down upon the rest of us (THE UNWASHED UNEDUCATED MASSES) and think we cant tell s**t from shinola - and think that that line is an acceptable one.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Originally posted by t_haye2
    MOOOOOO!

**takes a few steps back just tp make sure**
    Tammy, you are fine. However if she were to step back, she would step in a large pile of Bull Shit. (sorry)

Originally posted by darthfoley
    \"The people that are into humanities, and are into Blake\'s concept of enlightenment, they are not looking at the words,\" she said. \"In their mind the words register correctly.\"
    I think what she meant was Blakespeare\'s Enlitenmint. It is a tastey little philosophy that will freshen your breath and whiten your teeth. It will also allow you spell things incorrectly and charge extra for the privledge.:D

I don\'t know much about Blake. It seems to me she is more in line with Kant: she kant spell, we kant make her.

barkel

ps. I\'d like to know exactly how she spelled these names. Were they horribly off, or just slightly?

pictures:

The \"artist\"

Her webpage

All in all, it is people like this that just put me in a state of wtf for an hour. That sort of arrogant, self-important condescending excuse just makes me want to turn to physical violence. How truely unproffesional of her.

anyone else think that walking on some of the great people of this world is also terribly disrespectfull to them.... however, I am sure there will be someone who will pee, deffecate or otherwise show their distaste on this work to certain figures.

Hmm anyone else think that the idea of steping on einstein\'s face would be disrespectfull

after seeing the work, I think the library would have been better served by getting some REAL art...

Like a velvet painting of Elvis, or dogs playing poker....;)

..... or something off the refridgerator done at playschool......

E-Arkham

Uh... not to be a critic, but ... she was paid $40,000 for doing that? It looks like something a group of grade schoolers did.

I really don\'t understand how people can make so much money with such mediocre talent... and you know, that applies to all the so called \"arts.\" Acting, writing, painting, etc... there are some real stinkers out there doing exceptionally well.

I\'ll be the first to admit some jealousy here, but it\'s regarding the \"artist\'s\" marketing skill.

Kep

U4-Welcome

Message original : E-Arkham
    Uh... not to be a critic, but ... she was paid $40,000 for doing that? It looks like something a group of grade schoolers did.
    Nonono, you don\'t get it, it\'s great in that it combines iconography of primitive cultures to depict the paths to enlightenment, looking inward to an imaginative world of fantasy inspired by her Latin-American and Russian background, thus creating a personal mythology with universal appeal.

Hey, it says as much on her webpage :D.

:innocent:

t_haye2

I actually quite like her stuff, reminds me of a new age version of the Cobra ideal.....

Originally posted by U4-Welcome
    Nonono, you don\'t get it, it\'s great in that it combines iconography of primitive cultures to depict the paths to enlightenment, looking inward to an imaginative world of fantasy inspired by her Latin-American and Russian background, thus creating a personal mythology with universal appeal.

Hey, it says as much on her webpage :D.

:innocent:
    Man!! Until I read that last line and saw you got it from her webpage, I thought, for sure, you had a real future in \"Art\", U4 lol lol After all, much to often, what seems to distinguish \"Arteests\" is their ability to BS people and actually believe it themselves. :D

t_haye2

Daub, isn\'t that what professional painters do??? lollollollollollollollollol

I guess that\'s my great failing in life, Tammy ;) I\'ve always been too smart to believe my own BS. :D:D;):D:D

U4-Welcome

That or too dumb to make up believable BS. :D

Just looked at her website and have to admit that I quite like her work... I wouldn\'t personally like to own any myself but it does show craft and skill.

The spelling gaff was inexcusable though, especially considering her fee. Her ridiculous reasoning defies logic too.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

And to top it off, she uses a hotmail account. If you are going to the time & expense of a web page and domain, why not get the email accounts to go with it?

Stupid.

Default no disrespect here

Originally posted by Smoth
    Hmm anyone else think that the idea of steping on einstein\'s face would be disrespectfull
    Well, I don\'t think it would be disrespectful to step on Einstein\'s face. Unless, of course, he was still alive. But we don\'t really have that problem here. If you look closely you will see that you would be stepping on Eistein\'s face. And Billy MaGee Eistein was an idiot and a donkey pederast. He is more famous for his invention that didn\'t work than the ones that did, if any did. He invented (or tried to invent) an automatic booger picker which was actually a small mole. But during the first test it bored a hole deep into his own brain and he died three days later of infection. That is who she has immortalized on this sidewalk.

barkel

E-Arkham

After all, much to often, what seems to distinguish \"Arteests\" is their ability to BS people and actually believe it themselves.
    Daub, isn\'t that what professional painters do
    Ah, I think I found one of my great flaws, then. I think most of my work is rubbish and don\'t really have any desire to play it up otherwise. :)

I will have to commence with the BS from now on so that I might be considered an artist.

In other news, the latest figure in my gallery was sculpted from chewing gum since I was out of green stuff. Sure, it LOOKS just like an old GW Dark Elf, but that\'s because the GW Dark Elf is an obvious deconstruction of the juxtaposition of communist ideals and liberal arts created in a democratic environment. These political overtones are deeply entrenched in the modern pseudo-mythology of Dark Elves, thinly veneered by so called \"gaming uses\" in a way reminiscent of the Victorian. The green skin spits in the face of conventional figures, and as such makes an individualist stand against the status quo of black- or grey-skinned Drow while simutaneously sidestepping the racist allegations inherent in Dark Elf mythology.

I think I\'m going to put that in the description of my next miniature, even if it isn\'t a Dark Elf at all. :D

Kep

You DEFINATELY have a future in the arts!!!
    lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

U4-Welcome

Message original : E-Arkham
    In other news, the latest figure in my gallery was sculpted from chewing gum since I was out of green stuff. Sure, it LOOKS just like an old GW Dark Elf, but that\'s because the GW Dark Elf is an obvious deconstruction of the juxtaposition of communist ideals and liberal arts created in a democratic environment. These political overtones are deeply entrenched in the modern pseudo-mythology of Dark Elves, thinly veneered by so called \"gaming uses\" in a way reminiscent of the Victorian. The green skin spits in the face of conventional figures, and as such makes an individualist stand against the status quo of black- or grey-skinned Drow while simutaneously sidestepping the racist allegations inherent in Dark Elf mythology.
    I didn\'t understand a thing... I\'ll give it a 10 ! lol