July - "Gods and Monsters" Contest - Page 23
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: July - "Gods and Monsters" Contest

Chugging away at the base for my entry, and the last small details.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Chugging away at the base for my entry, and the last small details.
    Yeah, yeah I hear you.....I'll be taking it to the last min to make sure it's fab!

Here's my first quick tryout for lightning. It's the thickest wire I have in my miniature tool box. I primed it white and dipped it into the Mig productions Acrylic Resin, like a nacho into a guacamola salsa. Mmmm....

Then I added some plastic spikes I made with the "heated plastic - tweezers" method. This time I tried not to superglue them on, but rather dipped them too (like sushi into soy sauce) into the resin and connected it to the main arc. I sticks well enough there (like spaghetti sauce on a new shirt) so the resin can dry. Plus of this method would be a completly clear finish, while superglue leaves marks (like wine on your favourite sofa).

When it's dry I want to make a colour layer with water effect. I would go for a blue tone. But if you prefer another colour tell me (soon) webmonkey.

@crystella: Your basecolour is already dark for an icy appearance... imho. Maybe you don't need to do dark washes, but highlight all the rest of the model instead? But it's hard to tell anything without seeing the current status.

P.S.: I guess I'm hungry....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jike Ichi; 07-23-2015 at 12:24 PM.

You are going for something like this?

@jike ichi, I'll post some pictures after tea. That's a sweet looking Dragon but I'd say abit darker than what I'm looking to do with mine. Thank you ^_^

A Brit drinking tea??? nah,.. surely you jest!!!??
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    A Brit drinking tea??? nah,.. surely you jest!!!??
    Why my good man, I drink more tea than water

Anyway onto the dragon, here is where I'm at. I don't want to her to be too white/blue/purple but have something of those tones in her
    Last edited by crystella333; 07-23-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Looking good Cryssy. Cool to finally see it with some color
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Looking good Cryssy. Cool to finally see it with some color
    Still alot to do but once she is washed/glazed, then I can get on with the details.

Jike>> They look good, and I think blue would be fine. They won't do me any good way over here in the states though. But might be interesting for a future project of some kind.

Nice water fx! I'm bowing out. Between vacation, a clogged sink this past week and planning/chores for The Agent of Chaos' birthday party I have lost all my free time to finish this by the deadline. Easy come easy go :P
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Okay, I got some blue on them now. If you want I can send them to US next week, just PM me your adress. Maybe it will reach you before competition ends. Or maybe you can use them for other projects.

And here's an updated list (again,. anyone I missed, either in or out?) Also, the pluses next to the names show work that I've seen. As for the other names,.. are you guys still in?

Webmonkey +
    TrystanGST +
    oistene +
    crystella +
    Terrafirma
    Deathmarsh +
    fluisterwoud +
    10 ball +
    MrJim
    Bishop
    MAXXxxx +
    Sprue

BloodfatherfKharnath
    AndyG +
    cannon fodder +
    Khonner
    stampedingviking
    +
    moetle
    Maenas +
    Jike Ichi +
    Marjedi +
    Last edited by Webmonkey; 07-24-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Time is running quicker than expected, but I think I'll be able to finish in time! Going for a major effort tonight, there will even be a picture (or so I hope).

@Webmonkey, Cannonfodder said he's having trouble posting pictures but almost done on his piece (check out page 20 on this thread)

Hands to finish then on to the metals. Going with a snow base, while im on that, going to go over gandalfs base with my new crushed glass. The bi-carb method goes yellow over the months

1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Hands to finish then on to the metals. Going with a snow base, while im on that, going to go over gandalfs base with my new crushed glass. The bi-carb method goes yellow over the months

Or crumbly. My Sigmar priest's base is still white, but I don't dare to turn it upside down....
    Be careful with the crushed glass, inhaling the dust can be lethal (after years, but still...)!!!! Lungs can't deal with the particles and it's like inhaling asbest even worse than smoking a life long.

thanks, I will be careful and where a mask.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

There a mask....

Yeah, I'm still here and made some headway, and hoping to post a pic of some sort before the 31st ( to show a WIP).

Learned something interesting....

When hobby crackle doesn't work, covering it with a new coat of agrellan earth will work too well...practically dries up completely and disappears. Lining the base with painters tape (to cover the tab slot) will allow you to peal it all up....
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

Here's the boy now, next to his base. The picture is lousy, but shows the progress. Now, back to painting!