July - "Gods and Monsters" Contest - Page 19
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: July - "Gods and Monsters" Contest

And with all that chemical exposure, are you at least getting some cool superpowers out of it?? More likely some kind of mutation. You know,... that third hand that's growing out of the middle of your forehead is barely noticable
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    And with all that chemical exposure, are you at least getting some cool superpowers out of it??
    have you seen the NMM he paints? must be because of a mutation.

But then the question is where did Ben Komets or Tommie Soule get exposure to similar chemicals.

ohh as for progress: undercoated and did 1 wash to see the details... so not much yet.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    I must rather guiltily admit that I am so bad when it comes to toxic fumes and such. After all the things the Army exposed me to, I just have awful practices that most of you would likely be shocked to see. I spray my primer 2/3 inside of my house. I just open the door and spray in the direction of outside. Keeps me from worrying about the wind or humidity. I play with turpentine like its water and breathe in the stuff in a back room of my house for hours at a time with zero ventilation. I'm still a brush licker with oil paints and turp, but I think eventually I'll knock that habit...just a few of my poor habits.
    I'm not the best at the safety side of things either, but dude--don't swallow turpentine!!! Turpentine poisoning is nasty. I'm no medical professional, but the web classifies that as a "seek immediate medical help" situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sionid View Post
    I'm not the best at the safety side of things either, but dude--don't swallow turpentine!!! Turpentine poisoning is nasty. I'm no medical professional, but the web classifies that as a "seek immediate medical help" situation.
    I think he was just joking about the oil paints and turp's. As for spraying indoor's, I think we have all done that at some point too

Quote Originally Posted by crystella333 View Post
    As for spraying indoor's, I think we have all done that at some point too
    you mean like today ?

my face when my wife comes back from work and asks what the weird smell in the kitchen is....

Some great looking stuff going on here guys, really inspiring. just got got back from holiday and while I know I've got no chance of finishing by the deadline, I'm going to give it a go and see where I get to. I've spent the night cutting, filing, sanding, sculpting and dry fitting and I think War's coming along. Still loads to do yet so I better pull my finger out!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

That is pretty darn cool!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Just to give you an idea how big Skellie is.

Also, I went after that mold line ><
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Well, I'm not a preacher kind of guy. But plz take care all! A gasmask isn't an expensive purchase compared to the miniatures we buy. Get one and use it while you primer in kitchen with window closed.

Woah, that skelleton is big. Did you leave the small glow in his eye socket? It will look cool!

progress in painting and added some brown slime.

Name:  Monster_God_02.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  104.5 KB

@Jike Ichi - I sure did. That's what I mean by it'll be hard to see unless you have it at the right angle
    @Maxxxxx - eew. Gross. Well done.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

All looking good
    more wip.

1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

latest update,.. still more to do,.. (and a crap picture)

Finally making progress with my piece... I probably won't finish, but who knows...
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

Just noticed mate that there are some spots of brown on the skin from painting the eagle.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

The eagle looks great and the marble slab looks very natural not being the "ordinary" white/grey one.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

at least someone can tell that it's supposed to be a marble effect. I was wondering if I was going too subtle or not with the color tones.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Just noticed mate that there are some spots of brown on the skin from painting the eagle.
    I put those there on purpose,.. um,.. yeah that's it!!! on purpose!!! ,.. they're freckles,..er,.. beauty marks,.. um,.. moles,.. yes, Zeus has moles,.. that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

That marble effect is very good, just not easy to see in the picture. Maybe there should be some more contrast between body-tunica-marble. As I see it's a very fluid transition, so it's difficult to tell the parts apart.
    For me especially marmor and body have the same "colour warmth" (? is that a correct art term ? ). The eagle (which is painted great!) in contrast has very dark colours that separate him from the figure and puts him into viewers focus... I'm not sure what Zeus is holding in his hand, as it's missing. So there is one important part missing.

All this is just my humble opinion, okay?!! Don't beat me! It could be your intention to do so as it is now!

I have to finish my entry this week. Already made out a date with my friend to get it photographed on saturday, as it's the only time she has time in July. This will be a stressful week, maybe my first night time painting session. Got to get some bottles of red bull.

Here's what I'm right now. Tried the vallejo water effects "Azul Pacifico" (I'm a vallejo addict....si! ..caramba!). The consistency is great for making waves, while the colour is not my cup of tea. It will get transparent, but it's too colourful for my taste. I have some other water effects ready for use, maybe I'll need them to get that idea I have in my head into reality. So far....not even close.

So much more work to do ....
    Last edited by Jike Ichi; 07-13-2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Inglisch divikult

I see this picture and all I can think of is....
    Last edited by TheLost; 07-13-2015 at 05:02 PM.
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP