July - "Gods and Monsters" Contest - Page 25
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: July - "Gods and Monsters" Contest

Hey Jike looks like you made it onto the new and noteworthy section with your great white. Congratz!

So, I think my entry is done...

Such an odd and rewarding experience
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Wow, really, you're right! just saw it today. I'm happy! I think most of the entries will end in the new and noteable section.

Webmonkey, PM your adress and I can send lightnings to you! Everone wants that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Hey, everything went wrong with mine last year outta the gate and she is my highest ranked on P&P yet. Try it out - it doesn't haz to be giant. I have a little kitty girl i could send you who is like 72mm or a 54mm anime mechanic anime girl. Or there is always the 54mm pin ups from hangar 18...

linky link

That Kaiju Girl looks all hallowe'eny
    My god - they made them. They actually made them. 'Scuse me while I go sell a few organs.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

I know right?! I want ALL THE 54MM ones. Obsession!!!!!!!! Move over Foreworld HH character series I have found a new money sink....
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    My god - they made them. They actually made them. 'Scuse me while I go sell a few organs.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    I know right?! I want ALL THE 54MM ones. Obsession!!!!!!!! Move over Foreworld HH character series I have found a new money sink....
    I have a small thing for Bawidamann's art - I actually bought a signed print of Secret Weapon at GenCon a few years ago.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I have a small thing for classic pinup art. I am going to eventually paint up these flatz by pili pili.

@Zab - those are awesome.

I did these a long time ago (in Forza 2, not minis) - http://s240.photobucket.com/user/Try...ion/Bawidamann

And with this I promise to stop derailing the thread further haha.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Mint! Those are awesome

Come on, everyone is allowed to go off topic once.

Marjedi I can feel you. I'm not a fan of the anime style girlies too. Yet there are some kits that fall out of that stereotype. I want to paint this one for example: http://www.e2046.com/product/Probation+Witch/21471/
    Yet it's an anime style girl, but surely not cute. Furthermore the head of the devil will be interesting.

Ok,.. I think this is as good as it gets from me. It's my first "real attempt" at some OSL. Hopefully, it reads well enough as a blue glow. Unless anyone has some pointers, I think this will be my entry. (Though, I might try a few more photos just to try to get the lighting dialed in as best I can). Thoughts? comments??,.. death threats??,.. anything???

It's only a flesh wound!!!

Nice work, very subtle

I implore you to ignore the crappy blade (I still cannot wrap my head around nmm blades) and look at the shiny bracer instead
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

That's awesome!

Should be a few late nights for me his week , here's where I'm at
    Attached Images Attached Images  

All looking good. Im surprised that lots of the minis have been quit large scale, some bold choices seeing the 4 week time limit
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Done! Now I just need some photo time...

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    All looking good. I'm surprised that lots of the minis have been quit large scale, some bold choices seeing the 4 week time limit
    nothing says monster or god like a large scale piece

@webmonkey
    I prefer this version of the lightning over the golden one, the osl looks nice and soft and it's spread seems logical to me. Cannot add further comments as I never done it before (OSL) and for me looks fine.
    I find everything a bit pale/white though, maybe if you introduce a bit more shadows on beard and hair.... or maybe is just because the eagle absorbs most of the protagonism and by contrast the rest looks pale. But this is just my point of view and I can recall you saying that you don't like to make it look artificial/false by pushing contrast to much, so...

@TrystanGST
    Well I am supposing you did more than fine because I thought that the bracer was TMM lol

@terrafirma
    I have always had something with red dragons, and this one is starting to became really interesting ^^

@Jike Ichi
    I was more than happy to see your sharkey on the new and notable section! congrats! it went up to more than 60 votes pretty fast!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Maenas>> Interesting,.. you're the 2nd person to say that. Funny thing is, I see shadows everywhere in the white.(wonder if it's a monitor differential thing?) And in person, the model is starting to look "dirty" because of it. So then... to push the shadows further,.. or not?? The guy also said he sees no skin shading, but I see lots,......hrmm,.. interesting,..