July - "Gods and Monsters" Contest - Page 10
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: July - "Gods and Monsters" Contest

Cheater! Burn the witch!

Oh how I envy your skill... looks so life like...
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
    looks so life like...
    luckily we don't hear it often, when it"s about zombies
    Forgot, that it works again.

Wow, Ten ball! Great Skintones. May I ask you to share your recipe? And did you use an airbrush for first steps and then go over it with brush? Or purely brush!?!!?????? ?!? O_o??

Here is what I got right now. One of the head options for the Pegasus "Great White" Model. As I said my time is short in July, so it's something of a
    "Nature's Top Predators Monster Bust". I will use a Kauri wood I got for base. Still have to cut it in size since I got a real big wood tile some years ago.

We'll see how it works from here. I got a new technique idea for the eyes in my head...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jike Ichi; 06-29-2015 at 01:48 PM.

The base coat of vmc brown sand was airbrushed the rest brush.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

that's fine.. but if you started 3 days early, then I expect you to be done 3 days early too. (that way everyone gets the same amount of painting days, just to keep it fair )
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

I'm sorry but if he's going to start early then so am I!!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Very good start Andy, what scale pray tell?
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Well hell, tomorrow is Canada Day and I am going to start too :P Also, you two get ready for a sh*t storm of 1's -_- Argh - my carpel tunnel syndrome! How will I snipe now?! Why GOD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

You need to pace yourself, Zab..

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Very good start Andy, what scale pray tell?
    35mm I think but he's a monster so he's big!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Great start AndyG! You guys always start with the skin? I do the skin last, because I'm scared to get paint dots on it.

My shark has to rest until next weekend, when I will visit a friend wo has an art-workshop and lots of heavy tools. I will cut my base into correct size there and have some artsy chit chat and a beer (or two)
    Then I will have to wait until last week of July to start with painting...

Today a package from E2046 arrived. DAMMNNNnnnn! Those Anime kits are huuuuuuuge. I guess you can't say miniature to them anymore? One of them came in a shoebox. I thought first that there are many parts and they somehow needed more space to store them. But in fact there are just a few parts and the body of the guy is just fitting in! It's a monstrousity in resin!!! :O I'm scared to paint him...but he looks cool. (http://www.e2046.com/product/Goblins/7812/)

Anyway, count me in for the next contest and happy painting to you all! Officially tomorrow!
    Last edited by Jike Ichi; 06-30-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Andy's a cheat, but I have a medical condition where I just have to paint

Quote Originally Posted by Jike Ichi View Post
    Great start AndyG! You guys always start with the skin? I do the skin last, because I'm scared to get paint dots on it.

My shark has to rest until next weekend, when I will visit a friend wo has an art-workshop and lots of heavy tools. I will cut my base into correct size there and have some artsy chit chat and a beer (or two)
    Then I will have to wait until last week of July to start with painting...

Today a package from E2046 arrived. DAMMNNNnnnn! Those Anime kits are huuuuuuuge. I guess you can't say miniature to them anymore? One of them came in a shoebox. I thought first that there are many parts and they somehow needed more space to store them. But in fact there are just a few parts and the body of the guy is just fitting in! It's a monstrousity in resin!!! :O I'm scared to paint him...but he looks cool. (http://www.e2046.com/product/Goblins/7812/)

Anyway, count me in for the next contest and happy painting to you all! Officially tomorrow!
    Yeah,.. when you actually see the size of the models and the amount of resin you are getting for the $50 or so,.. it doesn't seem such a bad price. I mean, it's equivalent to a whole platoon of GW minis, or at least a tank or two. But still they are wicked fun to paint,.. and (as I've often said to others) Welcome to your new addiction!!

Quote Originally Posted by fluisterwoud View Post
    Bunch of cheaters in this thread!
    That's ok,.. ten ball just has to finish 3 days early,.. and andyG, 1 day early. It's the same amount of days either way. Plus, I'll likely be hitting the "GO" button tonight when I get home,.. so get your brushes ready!!!

my C'tan is lost in the mail or something, was suppose to be 2-4 days delivery and it's been 9 days already and I just got the tracking # from GW... And the FedEx website is down so I have no Idea when it will be here.

By the time most of you get up and read this, it will be the 1st. So,.. on your marks,.. get set,.... GO!!!!!

And I'll open the contest with my initial picture of my raw bits, just to show my starting point.

Amazing start 10 and Andy. Is it wrong that I would rather be painting rather than on holiday? Still I can get started in about 2 weeks