July - "Gods and Monsters" Contest - Page 13
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: July - "Gods and Monsters" Contest

result!!! on the tat mate
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Wow, some pretty amazing work so far. Guess I better get started on something really soon.
    .................................................. ........
    Here is a link to the stuff I have painted:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/MrJim

Here is a link to my WIP thread:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...rJim-s-ADD-WIP

Here is a link to my favorite Miniatures Website:
    http://www.competitionminis.com/
    .................................................. ........

You and me both....
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

been working on the base just getting it built and primed; a standard and some skullzzz
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Some great work going on from 10 and Andy. Going to be a very tough competition.

Here is some more skin work:

keep up the good work chaps, these a re all looking awesome. wish I had of noticed this and entered myself now as it looks like fun.

Coyote, if you have a model that fits the subject I'm sure Webmonkey won't mind you jumping in. We're only 3 days into July and the majority of people haven't even begun yet. It never hurts to ask.

Yeah i can't see why you couldn't jump in late. I mean Ten and AndyG got all excited started early and are basically cheating their way through by using their painting superpowers to work at inhumanely high quality & speeds o_O I can't see why anyone would say no to a late entry
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by fluisterwoud View Post
    Coyote, if you have a model that fits the subject I'm sure Webmonkey won't mind you jumping in. We're only 3 days into July and the majority of people haven't even begun yet. It never hurts to ask.
    i don't have one that fits the bill sadly, and I'm quite engrossed in my skaven grey seer at the mo anyway. I will just have to keep my eyes peeled for the next one, and still its good watching this thread anyway

Looking good Andy and 10. I reckon you'll be finished by the time I start!! Are you throwing some freehand banner work in just to slow you down a little Andy? Skin looks beautiful on the centaur 10. I love the subtle palate. Nice mini Fluister and a good GS skills on the base.

Some great work here

Quote Originally Posted by fluisterwoud View Post
    And all ya gotta do is slip me $20 under the table,.. no one will ever know Seriously though, If you want in, you're more then welcome.
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Pulled my finger out and got started with the green stuff.....not my snot thank you very much :rolling eyes:

Removed mold lines and green stuffed all the gaps. Also green stuffed a stirred up sea bashing on the rock...still more work to do on that part. The head of the dragon is not attached yet

Had fun tonight painting the face, tentacles and starting on sores, postules and maw. I am really enjoying this mini.

On another note, base panic has set in...
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    On another note, base panic has set in...
    Worry once the model is done, then you'll have a better idea.....focus on...the bigger piece atm

Quote Originally Posted by crystella333 View Post
    Pulled my finger out and got started with the green stuff.....not my snot thank you very much :rolling eyes:

Removed mold lines and green stuffed all the gaps. Also green stuffed a stirred up sea bashing on the rock...still more work to do on that part. The head of the dragon is not attached yet
    Is that a Bones dragon? It looks really cool.

Yeah it is, love the dragon but not keen what bones is made out of. It was a pain in the arse to clean up the mold lines :/

Quote Originally Posted by crystella333 View Post
    Yeah it is, love the dragon but not keen what bones is made out of. It was a pain in the arse to clean up the mold lines :/
    Yeah, i have only painted one Bones mini, a wizard, and found the softness of it a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Yeah, i have only painted one Bones mini, a wizard, and found the softness of it a challenge.
    not so much the softness but just that its tough to use the craft knife to carve the lines off. Ended up with sand paper in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmarsh View Post
    Looking good Andy and 10. I reckon you'll be finished by the time I start!! Are you throwing some freehand banner work in just to slow you down a little Andy? Skin looks beautiful on the centaur 10. I love the subtle palate. Nice mini Fluister and a good GS skills on the base.

Some great work here
    Go on since you insist! A floating fiery eye over the plains of hell ok for you?

crystella that is a very nice dragon looking forward to that being done.

marjedi that's lovely in a superating nauseous fashion
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

I don't see how that's slowing down!!!