Your White Whale - what miniature do you crave? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your White Whale - what miniature do you crave?

Games Workshop released a model for Smaug. The first fantasy book I ever read was the Hobbit and I have been hooked ever since. The only problem is that this bad boy is $500. I just can't justify spending more on model than I would an airbrush.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Smaug

Bit of a blast from the past, but a odd question. I know all things being relative, cost and price, what you are willing to pay etc. But is in excess of $150 US for a miniature a good deal? Ilyad female barbarian? Also Rhinotaur at $200 US. Someone has messaged me on FB, not sure if they are worth that high a price.
    Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
    Lance Armstrong

your call. If you think it's a good price and you can spend it on it, why not.

I know those are rare, but I'd never pay that much for them (then again I don't really like the figures to begin with, so even less incentive).
    On the other side I was willing to pay 150GBP for the 5 year freebooter vignette, but had luck and got one for 30, but was willing to go that high.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Well my "White Whale" was in fact a number of figures.
    The first one well that WAS. HONEYBEE, but the good folks of Coolminiornot Community brought me to near tears with surprising me at Salute this year with a copy of her!

The other was a Circle Orobos Warpwolf Pure Blood (original moon howling version), which I'd bought years ago at a show and either lost or had "lifted". I was missing several items that year. However I've just managed to get Privateer Press's shop to finally recognise my account and replaced him.

Edit: And something (definitely not a miniature)I've been looking for since I first found it in my library nearly 30 years ago. After finding a similar book I suddenly remembered Wynford Vaughan-Thomas's name and did a quick search.
    AMAZON came up trumps and for the princely sum of £0.01 plus £2.80 postage the book is now mine!

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  932.1 KB
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 10-24-2015 at 01:43 PM.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I've always wanted to own the Star Wars miniatures that Games Workshop "never" made.
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    I've always wanted to own the Star Wars miniatures that Games Workshop "never" made.
    UBIE!!!! your're back!!!

Yeah. I started painting again after 3 years, soooooooo here I am again.
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    Yeah. I started painting again after 3 years, soooooooo here I am again.
    *massive hugs* glad to see your back to the brush-licking :P