TheLost WIP - Page 22
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: TheLost WIP

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    You haven’t lost as much as you think. It looks good to me.

photos I can’t help you with. I feel my photograph skills have gotten worse the last few years.
    Thanks I think part of the issue with the picture is that I'm trying to capture a dark atmosphere, so the colors aren't really gonna show that well in a picture.
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

Also, is CMON kinda dead now? doesn't seem like many people are active anymore.
    TheLost

mostly.

I for example am wasting my free time on nintendo switch instead of painting. It also doesn't help, that there are 3 thing that doesn't help in it:
    - no competitions to paint for (least important of the 3)
    - not enough space for new minis
    - absolutely no space for finished figures (the most important) all displays are full, I'd need to sell some to make some space.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    mostly.

I for example am wasting my free time on nintendo switch instead of painting. It also doesn't help, that there are 3 thing that doesn't help in it:
    - no competitions to paint for (least important of the 3)
    - not enough space for new minis
    - absolutely no space for finished figures (the most important) all displays are full, I'd need to sell some to make some space.
    oh...well that's unfortunate...
    BUT, I'm gonna keep posting here since most people I know don't understand the hobby or scifi/fantasy stories to begin with... and don't really care in general lol... gotta stick to those that can appreciate the craft and offer constructive feedback.
    TheLost

The forum mechanics are also needing an update, which I do not see happening. I have posted a few table top m8nis on Reapers forum as it is easier to use. But the skill level and helpful criticism on the site are better for me to learn how to get better.

The forum mechanics are also needing an update, which I do not see happening. I have posted a few table top m8nis on Reapers forum as it is easier to use. But the skill level and helpful criticism on the site are better for me to learn how to get better.
    Agreed!

And with that, here's the base almost finished! Pretty amazing what happens when you add foliage! Gonna paint/wash the leaves on the trees to be darker and add the airbrush web serum from greenstuff world.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210808_160212.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	490.9 KB 
ID:	82975
    TheLost

The stone face is amazing. Are you doing anything with the tomb stone? The major face looks too smooth and pristine compared to the degradation around it.

The stone face is amazing. Are you doing anything with the tomb stone? The major face looks too smooth and pristine compared to the degradation around it.
    Thanks I was planning on spraying webs all around the tombstone, but my web serum from Greenstuff World dried out lol... had no idea that would happen.
    TheLost

Che Bella mr lost!!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Che Bella mr lost!!
    Thank you sir! Glad you're still active on here
    TheLost

Newbie, please be gentle MrNoNameSoldier1977's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That looks great! Especially when you added the foliage, you are absolutely right it made a big difference. As to the photo work I can't say too much other then I still use construction paper for my backgrounds because they are easy to change out which allows me to change them to better compliment the paint job. I am working on building myself a light box, but it goes onto the bottom of the list after cutting up the white oak tree that fell down in my backyard, and putting together my daughters new bedroom furniture. Honestly I feel like Maxx. Only my excuses are more parent/work oriented, that and the couple weeks of military training and covid recovery I had to deal with(ya had the coofe for a couple week, then Pnumonia) anyway I will get back to work on my stuff soon as well with any luck( I guess I need to clean off my desk) Happy painting all!
    "Yes I really am a soldier"

"Then why do you suck at this game so much?"

"Because in real life when I shoot at you, you don't jump around like a F@%*$*# rabbit!"

That base is beautiful mate, I love the white flowers against all that gray stone.

I must admit, I do not visit the forums much at the moment. Just before the pandemic started, it felt very much alive here, and people would regularly comment on other people's work.

But my gut feeling is that since the pandemic started, a lot of people discovered instagram and it just sucked the life out of forums like this one.
    Why post where 5 people will comment on something, if you can get 200 likes over at IG... it makes me sad.

Newbie, please be gentle MrNoNameSoldier1977's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Honestly, because Insta, and TWIT, and FaceCrap are all vacious wastes of time where someone might click the Thumbs up, or smiley face, but they wont actually interact, or care about what you have presented. If you can't tell I am not much of a social media person. I have a FB, but I haven't been on it in 3 years? I've never had Insta, Twits, Tumble, or any others outside of this and Myspace 15 years ago. I like to talk to people that have a shared interest, not a like mind, echos are best left in caves and the heads of idiots. Pursuing a creative craft is something that requires real interaction and advice when you run into problems. I love how, even though we all like different aspects of this hobby, we all love this hobby. I've been painting(off and on, like, at least a decade off) since the 90's once I was pretty good, but I had better eyes and a steadier hand, now I have learned more techniques, and my focus has changed from the model, to the base that can really make it stand out. I love how we all are honest with each other here as well. If you art sucks and needs work people don't just say it sucks, the recommend what you could do to make it better. Some even suggest videos, websites, techniques, products to help out. We may be a small community, but if anything in my storied life I have learned quality trumps quantity any day. Just ask any Military throughout all of history.

Just my thoughts. I was feeling talkative today, so you got an essay plus I hate social media
    "Yes I really am a soldier"

"Then why do you suck at this game so much?"

"Because in real life when I shoot at you, you don't jump around like a F@%*$*# rabbit!"

@ gorb totally get you.. I'm likely going to post on IG too, but won't stop posting here, as it allows for greater conversation about the hobby.

@Mr.NoNameSoldier1977 You definitely get it! Social media has absolutely made people less human... I try to limit my use as much as possible.. BUT! I will say that I've gotten a lot of ideas and tips/techniques from it.. as long as you focus your time and attention to where it should go, you should be ok. Also,glad you've recovered! And yes, parental/work duties definitely come first! Looking forward to seeing your work!
    TheLost

Not a painting update, but another base! lol...go figure...

Came across a sketch I did for a base some time ago, and had to build it... modified it as I was making it of course, and I really like how it turned out so far... has a shattered earth appearance to me..still need to add dirt, roots, and other elements that will tell a story...BUT, I need to figure out what model I should use for it first... open to suggestions!

Front

Name:	20210830_191028.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	802.9 KB 
ID:	83047

Back

Name:	20210830_191006.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	83048
    Last edited by TheLost; 09-03-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    TheLost

Ah, this looks amazing mate! Can't wait what you decide to do with it. I can picture anything in there, a wizard, a dragon, some kind of psychic alien...

Thanks Gorb! So far I'm thinking one of these:

Knight Evocator (most likely)

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 22.13.54.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	83085

Male Mage from Darksword miniatures

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 22.18.38.jpg 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	83086

or maybe Malek from Reaper Miniatures

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 22.26.15.jpg 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	83087
    TheLost

I like the Mage from Darksword. If you go with Malek get the metal version. I just did the Bones version and the cast was atrocious.

I like the Mage as well. To me it seems to fit the base you are creating much more, a mage making the ground hover to create distance from the enemy to cast their spells. The other minis give me more of a melee feel, so I wouldn't think they would make the ground rise into the area.

Ohhhhhhh.... I can already see some greatness here!

*shuffling around my paint table in anticipation of your success!!!