I played this at CMON Expo...

Thread: I played this at CMON Expo...

Default I played this at CMON Expo...

...and LOVED it! There was something about the endless tides of Deckhands and Bosons coming at you, along with the swashbuckling heroes that appealed to not only the gamer in me but the film buff as well. It was thematic fun and easy to pick up but the plethora of strategic moves only showed themselves often times after my pirates went belly up, which left me wincing and laughing at the same time! Great work Michael Shinall (the game's designer) and thanks for the gift - that will be a gaming memory I'll never forget!

I can't wait for the GenCon release of this game!!!

Wait, Rum & Bones is releasing at Gen Con? Hmmm, I wonder when the backers (myself included) will receive our copy? Pre Gen Con perhaps? Can not wait.

Quote Originally Posted by markallanreynolds View Post
    ...and LOVED it! There was something about the endless tides of Deckhands and Bosons coming at you, along with the swashbuckling heroes that appealed to not only the gamer in me but the film buff as well. It was thematic fun and easy to pick up but the plethora of strategic moves only showed themselves often times after my pirates went belly up, which left me wincing and laughing at the same time! Great work Michael Shinall (the game's designer) and thanks for the gift - that will be a gaming memory I'll never forget!

I can't wait for the GenCon release of this game!!!
    I was born to do this.
    -Joan of Arc-

I don't think it was released. I think it was just the pre production copy that they used. In case you don't know (don't want to insult your intelligence), the manufacturer will typically send a couple copies that are identical to their production copy we will get to the creator before launching the full press process top ensure that everything is satisfactory. Once the approval is sent bed the creator, they start the presses and full production.

But I this case, I might be wrong so markallanrenolds, can you confirm if you could actually get a copy at the expo or if it was a pre-order only?

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DevKat View Post
    I don't think it was released. I think it was just the pre production copy that they used. In case you don't know (don't want to insult your intelligence), the manufacturer will typically send a couple copies that are identical to their production copy we will get to the creator before launching the full press process top ensure that everything is satisfactory. Once the approval is sent bed the creator, they start the presses and full production.

But I this case, I might be wrong so markallanrenolds, can you confirm if you could actually get a copy at the expo or if it was a pre-order only?

Hope this helps.
    No, you misread the post. I did play the completed prototype of the game at the CMON Expo, it was great!, but CMON hinted that the game may very well be for sale at GenCon - where I anticipate buying first thing!!