Age of Sigmar
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Sigmar

Default Age of Sigmar

c'mon its almost time and still no talk about the new whfb stuff!

obviously more of a skirmish game than the previous whfb but hey ho i dont know anything about rules n stuff. this is more appealing to me although i fancy a real big battle id never paint up a whole army, but a fewer amount of minis is actually a possibility.

the new models seems... well, not bad models me think but with the rumors of heavy foot knight i was hoping for the medieval kind of knights, instead i got the sf kind. kind of down beating actually. Chaos (khorne) dudes looks pretty cool though!

more spoilers to find with a quick google search.

so, what ya folks think? "oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaaawd round bases end of whfb boooo ill kill myself slowly - cut cut"

Looks kinda good to me. Still not getting into Warhammer, but it tempted me a little. I see that GW has taken a lot of pointers from their compeditors with unit cards and short, free rules.

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Colour me excited. I am getting the set ordeed on saturday as it will be good to learn, and taking leaf out of some other competitors with GW's tech level and plastic quality i will be happy.

Also, no invalidating of old models

Meh. I was expecting something more I guess. The blood angels, oh i mean, the warriors of sigmar look ok. The guy on the lizard looks pretty good. The chaos guys look pretty cool too.

Rumors say the rules are only 4 pages. If thats true I'm wondering how all the other armies are going to fit. Anyone know the retail cost?

Rumor also that you can use round or square bases.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

mostly mehh for me. The only figure I'd like to paint on the sigmar side is one of the winged things. I couldn't have a good look at the chaos side, but so far 0.

also for more pics: https://twitter.com/Lady_Atia
    Forgot, that it works again.

Quote Originally Posted by moetle View Post
    Rumors say the rules are only 4 pages. If thats true I'm wondering how all the other armies are going to fit. Anyone know the retail cost?
    I assume that these will be the core rules, while troops and the like will come separately, just like CMoN has done for Dark Age and Wrath of Kings (a myriad of other companies has done similar things).

Quote Originally Posted by moetle View Post
    Anyone know the retail cost?
    €100 / $125 is what ive heard

I probably will not buy it like the fanboy I used to be. But I would like to see how it works.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

The IP was of more interest than any edition of WFB. Was more into the rpg, novels, and painting the toy soldiers for the joy of slapping paint in a nice mini. Sad to see the IP mullared and the minis gone in in this direction.

A conflicted IP, sometimes dark or low fantasy, sometimes high fantasy - the RPG looking up at the world from a gutter point of view while the battle game looked down upon the best of the best. At least neither impacted the other. Hard to imagine a 4th edition of the RPG getting rolled out. Doesn't sound like there's room for stories about Olaf the rat catcher anymore.

WFB was a peculiar beast in scale too. A few dozen mooks, a wizard and a hero on a flying monster didn't feel like an army (like say, epic/warmaster), but was too big for more detailed skirmish rules (mordheim/necromunda).
    There's some that say because how sales where never as good as for 40k, trotting out just another version would be uninspired thinking. All this is bit much though, a grenade rather than a tweak. Would have preferred to see each new edition advance the timeline about five years, with blurb describing the rise and decline of certain factions and characters, changing the line up of army lists. This more explosive shake up is purportedly due to GW's close attention to wanting to shake a legal stick at other companies, eradicating factions they couldn't easily argue "but judge, look, they're copying us". Should prove an amusing day in court when the amount of spiky bits and skulls are brought up as possible IP infringement.

Depending on the quality of the rules they may deserve praise. Short rules, available for free. Course, if they're crap rules then that means little.
    GW's minis have for some time seemed like a cheap parody of itself. Now they look like a homage to companies that have echoed GW's imagery.
    The paint job isn't helping. That bronze. If they'd gone with steel it would have least have carried the late medaeval vibe. Clearly haven't reverted to a bronze age, so bronze coloured armour is evoking something weird.

You'll have to excuse the harshness. Thirty years of being into this IP and seeing it mishandled this badly is rather irritating. Like Kanye West's Bohemian Rhapsody cover, rendered in plastic.

i'm intrigued to see the other factions, i'm not a huge fan of the sigmarites, not that they are particularly bad models per se but just doesnt feel as "fantasy" to me, hard to put my finger on it, i've heard that next weeks white dwarf will have a free sigmarite on the cover so might be worth picking up if only for a cheap model, if nothing else can be used as a base for a space marine character

i'm interested to see the styles of the rest of the range though, the khorne chaos guys look pretty much like they did before, presumably they were easy enough to protect IP on, but things like orcs dwarves and elves will likely be in for a big change looks wise

I can't say that I like the miniatures but I think the rest sounds interesting enough for me to try out at least.

I have to agree with Wyrmypops. I know that the timeline needed to get moved up but to trample over all the fluff really hurts. I was not impressed with the End Times and did plan to see how they would do the next edition on WHFB but they guys just look to sci-fi to me

Not into the sigmarines, except maybe for 40k conversion potential, but the Khorne stuff looks better than what was released for the end times.

Just looked and went No Thanks.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I like the Chaos stuff. But the good guys are .... disappointing.
    Models completed in 2016 so far: 16
    Models in WIP: 22

tp://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/gohkm

btw according to rumors WD75 will have a free figure. So I might buy my first WD-weekly in store.

and a good pic on size comparison: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BzB_ZLI7Wo...BGuardsman.JPG
    they look big. No idea if only this stormsomething faction, or the whole game's scale.
    Forgot, that it works again.

i strongly believe its the faction, some superhuman stuff, as i would be veeerrrry surprised if the chaos dudes in the box are in another scale than the other just recently released.

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    i strongly believe its the faction, some superhuman stuff, as i would be veeerrrry surprised if the chaos dudes in the box are in another scale than the other just recently released.

Thats correct Skell, basically the sigmarites are evangelic hosts of resurected heroes from the old world, brought back by sigmar. So they are larger as they are a larger presence.

its all still 28mm heroic.

Free marine is correct too.

I rules seem to be absolute rubbish, and with no army selection system besides "play with what you like".

THe new fluff seems pretty bad, and riddled with the worst names for things/races/places ever.

The sigmar warriors are a bit camp in all blingy gold, but in dark steel or bronze they will look ok. The drake riding hero and the chaos lord with dog are pretty nice.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    €100 / $125 is what ive heard
    That is correct.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1