Age of Sigmar - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Sigmar

After reading through the new WD it seems like they just took existing 40k fluff and changed all technological words to magical words and all references of the Emperor to Sigmar. "Liberators (Space Marines) ride into battle in lightning bolts (drop pods)!" And the "Stormhosts" names are a bit funny; Lions of Sigmar, wonder how they came up with that one. Also the "protect the IP" name changes are silly, Ogors, Aelfs, Orrucks...

Some of the models look kind of cool though.

so, i have to expect some serious name changing on the gw site? aelfs and orrucks.... lol

i really think its better to actually test the rules before claim them rubbish. i understand hardcore whfb players feel a bit letdown by the downscale of rules but for me this feels so much easier to begin with. but yeah there must be a cunning plan of army building sounds strange otherwise. 5 dragons vs 5 swordsmen?

Dwarfs had some weird name that I don't remember right now too. They're all silly, but I get them wanting to protect their IP, we've already seen this happen with IG and Sisters in 40k. It only makes sense they would do it to all armies with generic names. As far as the game is concerned; I never played WFB and only played 40k for about a month before switching to WarmaHordes so I don't have a long standing history with the game to be upset about change. After looking it over in the WD I may actually pick up the starter box, not just to paint, but to play. It seems like it could be a fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by fluisterwoud View Post
    It seems like it could be a fun game.
    Everyone thought the same about Dreadfleet and Executionsomething too. And besides the models they were not good at all.

Aanyway morgen 1 WD to see how the minis look like, then maybe ebay for the winged ones/chaos ones.
    Forgot, that it works again.

full WD online: http://imgur.com/a/wKBMo#0

some better look at the figures. looks like I won't have to spend on ebay (both chaos and the winged ones have not impressed me).

blood warriors look cool, ill probably swap the hand weapons to a shields though. blood reavers suffers from extremely bad pjs.

none of the sigmarines impresses me much.
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 07-03-2015 at 08:34 AM.

I haven't played for years and years but have fond memories of Warhammer. I've still got an unpainted Bretonnian army in the attic. I was hoping for truly medieval but these look closer to 40K without the guns than medieval. The standard bearer has got a really awesome medieval standard and that is the style that would have been great - BUT there appears to be a space marine holding it??? if I wanted Space Marines I'd have bought them and played 40K. Looks like the Bretonnians are out of the rules too and I'll not even be able to shift them on Ebay. I'm surprised they went this direction and didn't stick to a theme that fits with popular traditional fantasy. Maybe I'm getting old?
    "All in the game yo, all in the game."

All Warscrolls are live on the Australian GW site, as well as all other AoS changes. http://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/...uestid=4804671

And it got even worse.

Some of these "fun" rules...

Wow GW, you really don't care anymore.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

I think the golden hero faction looks like somebody took a space marine, slapped glue all over it, dropped it into a bits box full of tiny hammers and spikes and gave it a really good shake.

Other companies out there are really pushing the boundaries with the quality of there sculpts (Mierce for example) where individual scales are sculpted painstakingly on monsters. Hell even Independant sculptures are doing beautiful minis now without the benefit of tons of cash and a deadicated design studio (Stephane Simon, woogity) The GW stuff looks amateurish in comparison in my opinion.

What the hell have they done to Warhammer !?!?No points cost on anything, No choice on what to equip your heroes...what is with how little magic you can learn in this 'magically saturated realm' ...this is not Warhammer.
    :'(
    Last edited by crystella333; 07-04-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Something that made me laugh when I do feel like crying at how fantasy has gone

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer:_Age_of_Sigmar

Haha! That was funny.

And really sad.

I had such high hopes, and I really tried to stay optimistic. But it is just too dumb.

Has anyone tried the Darklands game from Mierce Miniatures?
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

just had a glance at the new rules and the war scrolls for skaven, and have to say it looks really bad. cant get my head round the lack or point cost. making your army within the points allotted was half the game.

so yeah think ill just stick with 8th ed.
    Last edited by Coyotebreaks; 07-04-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Yeah had a look in the Local store today.
    Nowt to tempt me.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    And it got even worse.

Some of these "fun" rules...

Wow GW, you really don't care anymore.
    Yeah, after looking at these, I retract my earlier statements. I'm not stuffing a Chaos warrior down my pants or saying stupid catch phrases to move an extra inch. And the whole, bases don't matter just pile all your guys on top of each other thing is bogus.

Maybe we should have one positive "getting psyched" thread and one negative "rubbish" thread for every new thread about releases by GW. The negativity is a bit draining. I would probably comment in both though.

Khorne stuff is look good I think, the one with the whip especially, 10x better than end times Khorne. Still not warming to the Sigmarines but maybe with other colours. If there's a freebie in the WD I might take a stab of a scheme I have in mind.

The thing is with all of this, they've done it, it's too late to change now as it's already out, if people don't like it, don't buy it but GW are there to make money and bring new blood into the hobby to spend money. People grow up, get married, have kids and their hobby spend gets less so GW want new blood, that's what they're hoping to do with this. People don't have to upgrade, they can keep playing as they were. Or they can buy a different game. The thing is GW are the top manufacturer and they haven't got there not knowing what to do.

Also they've got so much competition now from Hoardes, Warmachine, Inifinty and everything else out there they have to try something new to keep up and stay ahead.

Someone once said to me, "what got us here won't get us there". I figure they're trying to moving forward. Maybe this will be the move that everyone hates and they'll fall off that top spot. 40k is still the biggest though and I think they're just trying to get younger, new players back into Fantasy Battle so they're figures they've spent thousands developing don't go to complete waste.
    In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    Still not warming to the Sigmarines but maybe with other colours. If there's a freebie in the WD I might take a stab of a scheme I have in mind.
    coiuld you suggest another colorscheme? I might try it.
    If you want something more positive:
    - Yes there is a free sigmarine with WD.
    - knowing GW prices I was surprised when I paid for said WD (3.2€, I expected something around 5 really)
    - local GW store even organises a swap-shop next week to help people sort out unwanted factions, and maybe even figures for painters (so I could skip a faction for some minis I might want to paint)
    - bretonnia got an update (not a good one, but still after 10+ years an update)

- sigmarines are basically all metal/armor --> a dream for Teronus (TMM version) or Bloodfather of Karnagh (NMM version)

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    coiuld you suggest another colorscheme? I might try it.
    A few ideas,

I think the orangey gold makes too stark of a contrast to the blue. For that kind of glowing gold I'd probably do a purple.

Though if I'd do them gold I would probably change the gold and make it look more worn like I did with these http://www.coolminiornot.com/246453?browseid=12467673

However the thing I thought directly was the statue of liberty so if I do buy the WD I will test doing them in stone. Like a stone avatar like thing. Maybe light seeping from the gaps in the armour.