Age of Sigmar - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Age of Sigmar

Christ on a cracker what a horrid direction for them to take. I didn't think they would mess so badly with WFB. As the game that got me started in miniatures (I went into a shop looking for the really old version of space hulk only to find they didn't make it anymore and in a determined fit to spend my money I picked up 4th edition - been in love with greenskins ever since) I find this very sad. I understand the IP protection concept but, as has been mentioned many times in this post it looks they have taken space marines and vomited a whole lot of sigmar iconography all over them. I guess we should reserve judgement until all races are out etc but my take on the whole thing is that GW started killing the company years ago which we all knew but sort of tolerated as the occasional cool model came out and some of us still played. With dropping revenues, closing stores and players migrating to warmachine, mantic etc in droves they have obviously decided a fresh face is whats needed to bring everyone back. Ummmmm, yes OK, or you could fix what was wrong in the first place...
    While its sad, the miniatures world is bigger now than ever before so plenty to choose from. Its just so damnably weird - its like watching someone on the side of the road sticking a pencil into body parts. First they stick it through their hand. Horrified but transfixed you watch them systematically spearing all 4 limbs then burying it deep into the abdomen. They clearly aren't enjoying what they are doing and their motivation fascinates you but they persist. Just when you think they can't possibly do anything more horrible the left eye gets speared. If nothing else it will be interesting to see what GW does to itself next.
    P.S. Yeah yeah I know this seems a bit dramatic - might be too much champagne before discovering this thread.

Had a panic attack earlier today when I went to the GW website and saw that all Warhammer Fantasy armies were gone from the site. (with several hundred bucks worth of kits in my closet) It looks like they are just reorganizing for the new setup.

I remember talking to one of the local game store owners a while back about the biggest change in a long time coming to Warhammer Fantasy. I told him that I thought they would be merging armies, which it looks like they will be doing. This is something that is long overdue. The cost of an army (with like 15 to pick from) is a few hundred bucks. Most people can't afford to buy 3 or 4 armies to keep things interesting. Now with the merges coming, you can pick your favorites from 3 different "allied" armies and play them together. This, I feel is a good thing. I don't play the game, so I can't say how the rule changes are.
    .................................................. ........
    Here is a link to the stuff I have painted:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/MrJim

Here is a link to my WIP thread:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...rJim-s-ADD-WIP

Here is a link to my favorite Miniatures Website:
    http://www.competitionminis.com/

OK, so i just checked out the GW site again and the new updates are starting to show up. Looks pretty cool as far as army options go.

The now have categories for Factions, Race, and the coolest one - Grand Alliance; which is the new four main forces: Chaos, Death, Destruction, and Order. So I am guessing, anything in one of those alliances can fight together. That will definitely breath new life into the game.

This is the place for Fantasy miniatures and soon to be game. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ands-metal-age
    Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
    Lance Armstrong

Couldn't agree more Evl. Mierce has everything a gamer AND painter could ask for.

PS-I started a similar thread in The Miniature Company forum because I hadn't seen this one. Many of you echo my thoughts.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

I went down to my local GW today and had a peek at these. I quite like them. I'm going to eat my words, as now, upon closer inspection, I prefer the Imperials to Chaos. I particularly like the mounted Lord. Might have to buy a box when it comes out next week.

They remind me a lot of Ex Illis angels.
    Last edited by gohkm; 07-05-2015 at 04:28 AM.
    Models completed in 2016 so far: 16
    Models in WIP: 22

tp://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/gohkm

Stay away from the pretty lights gohkm! Its a trap!
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

i've eyed up mierce minis in the past, they look really nice and it turns out they have a mini that shares my first name (which is rare for me lol)

i have looked over the AoS rules briefly, some things seem a bit odd, like no balance in the form of a points system or something of the like, but i can sort of see why after people complaining for years about things being unbalanced it is now up to players to fairly balance their game against each other, seems much more of a game for friends rather than tournaments/random strangers. still intrigued to see what else they have to offer over the coming months, not particularly interested in the starter set, theres a few models in there i like but not enough to buy the whole thing

Read through the rules now. Wildly unbalanced, extraordinary unbalanced really (why would you even want cheap infantry?). But it seems fun. The reports from my friends who have played it says the same though they deviced some house rules. Not a competitive game at the moment but fun to play with friends. I presume that these are only stop-gap rules though. I'm actually a bit tempted at playing this just because it seem quick and to the point. I think it was about 15 years since last time I playef WFB. Somehow I always felt it was a game for the beardy crowd, competitive gamers. BTW I just love those special rules, dancing and stuff, kind of mad really. I laugh just at the thought of seeing some of the "serious gamers" having to dance to get an extra bonus or whatever. This might be my favourite spell ever:

"It is said that the touch of Nagash can
    wither and age any mortal, turning them
    to little more than a pile of dusty bones
    in mere moments. Hand of Dust has a
    casting value of 8. If successfully cast, pick
    an enemy model within 3". Then, take a
    dice and hide it in one of your hands. Hold
    your hands in front of your opponent and
    ask them to pick one. If they pick the one
    holding the dice, their model dodges the
    attack. If not, the model is turned to dust
    and is slain!"

Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    This might be my favourite spell ever:
    then the favorite army list :P

- Kairos
    - Screaming Bell

Bell rings, Kairos sets the roll result to 13, win. Easy and fast game.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Apparently the nerd rage this game has fostered has been premature.

There is alot coming in the months ahead. More rules, scenarios, campaigns and a complete do over for all the factions. As each of the factions are updated, older minis will be phased out of production.

There is some sort of competative rules guide coming aswell, with more structured army construction rules.

The warscrolls that are out for all the "old" armies, are meant to be to gue in cheek. None of the new warscrolls have that.

I tried the game this weekend, and got to see the box with my own hands. I am not ashamed to admit that my forst impressions of this game where rash. I am now an AoS convert. He game has alot of potential to be a fun casual miniatures game. My gaming friends and I had a long chat, and came out positive.

I am looking forward for what the future brings.

Oh and I pre ordered the AoS box.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

i really like some of these models. especially some of the sigmarites, actually!

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    then the favorite army list :P

- Kairos
    - Screaming Bell

Bell rings, Kairos sets the roll result to 13, win. Easy and fast game.
    aannnnnddd no one ever plays THAT GUY again

Seems the 'silly; rules are only for the old fantasy range stuff, the new stuff coming out designed for AoS wont have such rules.

Also no points ever BUT a balancing mechanic is coming for tournaments and such, along with source books but you dont have to buy them, they will be online releases too

GW seems to be putting all its chips in the pot to see if this works.

best of luck i say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicks View Post

I found it funny too. Mantic cant even make a statue without it looking cheap and poorly sculpted

And yet another unimagitative product from them.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

looks like both GW and Painting Buddha got into high gear releasing AgeOfSigmar painting videos on YouTube.

GW released 7 so far covering all the contents of the box (nice TTQ level, as usual the presentation itself is nice, makes me want to paint)
    PB 3 and all are about gold NMM, so a 'bit' more detailed (Display quality, didn't watch them yet)
    Forgot, that it works again.

The Ben Komets one did have me warm a bit to the Sigmarines I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    The Ben Komets one did have me warm a bit to the Sigmarines I have to say.
    He is amazing to watch. The Sigmar NMM videos are really good.

Don't know a thing about it.....blood angels?
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive