Age of Sigmar - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Age of Sigmar

If you want rank and file games, you should check out the wargame from Mantic, Kings of War. Mantic has gotten so much 'inspiration' from GW there that it should fit like a glove, I even think you can use your old models.

Kings of War must not be confused with CMoNs new game, Wrath of Kings (which I recommend, by the way, but it is a skirmish type game, no rank and file).

Mantic's game is pretty good.
    Also there is at least 2 others who are aiming for the space left by WH (Avatars of War with a beta rulebook downloadable, similar with Shieldwolf Miniatures who'll be releasing a rulebook pdf soon)

as a sidenote on the Sigmarine-painting: messed it up. I tried to make the armor similar to the chaos-scorpoin from FW, no success for 3 reasons:
    - looks like effect works better on large surfaces (1/6 kits or vehicles)
    - too impatient and didn't thin the tamiya clears enough
    - I'm not good enough of a painter to do it anyway
    Forgot, that it works again.

Citadel Retributor Gold Spray £17:00
    Montana Gold high gloss gold £6:50.

Not going any further with this.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Blog Entries

$28 for a can of spray paint? SMH...

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

Please don't turn this to just another bash gw pricing thread...

Please no. There are plenty of those around.

The new terrain looks really cool. The Ophidian archway is amazing looking.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmypops View Post
    Thirty years of being into this IP and seeing it mishandled this badly is rather irritating. Like Kanye West's Bohemian Rhapsody cover, rendered in plastic.
    OMG! This is just the best way to explain how I feel about it. (More like 20 years for me though.)

I loved Kanyes bohemian rhapsody. Then again, in music controversy breeds evolution. So I´m happy others hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    Please don't turn this to just another bash gw pricing thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Please no. There are plenty of those around..
    HELL NO! Enough has been said on that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by ischa View Post
    I loved Kanyes bohemian rhapsody. Oh You're the one!
    I've had a good look at the figures over this weekend and....we'll definitely not for me.
    Game isn't appealing to me either and from what I saw doesn't seem to taking off as well as expected.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    and from what I saw doesn't seem to taking off as well as expected.
    it took off better as I expected.
    - In germany where I'm now: GW shop is still full of boxes, but some missing from the stack, so some have bought it.
    - In hungary according to the distributor: 4 boxes are bought so far in the whole country. That's ... about 2 more than I thought it'll be.

a bit back to pricing: while I find it expensive for the quality, but otherwise it's not that bad (100 euro for 47 minis) especially when I compare it to some nuts-planet busts I happily bought (mother of dragons 64 euro for 1 bust)

Been watching this develop...Walked away from WH at 3rd edition...but still watch every now and then.

Biggest joke of all is the one about GW changing names to protect their IP. I look at 40 K and laugh..... Imp guard (Napoleonic Russians), Tau (Magna), Tyranids (Aliens), Necrons (Terminator) All the base races like elf, Dwarf, and Ork (LOTR)...The have been stealing other IP's for years and now are trying to lock it down as theirs. Marines and Chaos are about all that is really theirs..and marines are sort of close to the original Starship Troopers...at least in the armor area
    You are only as old as you feel....the next day

Ken, you're right on most all of this, but I would point out that The Chaos side of the games was stolen from the movie Wizards. It really was the premiss for the Warhammer world. You have the realms of the Fairies ( Man, Elves, Dwarves, Gnome, etc) and you had the lands of Scorch (The Lands of Mutants), so I guess the jokes on us for still buying into their crap.

Personally I'm and old school gamer. I started playing Warhammer back in 2nd ed. as a way of running armies for my D&D games, but then came the Chaos books (Slave to Darkness & Lost and the Damned) and that was the end of my money. I and my wallet have been lost to the Chaos Gods ever since.

I will make this warning to all. Be careful with what you ask for. Rumors are about that the AoS will become the future rules for 40K, since 40K was built off of Warhammer.
    Last edited by Ickthorne; 07-27-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Wizards...now there is a movie I have not seen in a long while..right up there with Fire and Ice.
    You are only as old as you feel....the next day

Somebody should tell them that they're allowed to create new IP and that they don't have to autocannibalise themselves until they disappear up their own (brown) Eye of Terror....

Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
    Yea I'm not too sure what all the fuss is about... so GW developed a new game... big deal... I agree the models look a lot like space marines (Sanguinary Guard), but there is nothing that says you can't play a normal WHFB game with whatever rule book you want, as long as your opponent agrees with it.
    because they WILL stop making their old fantasy model line. These new models are terrible with very little in the way of poseability. Something I was hoping for, consider what the entire rapid prototype model that they used for years now has made possible. Now we are getting models with few reusable bits so less potential creativity for kits(oh, doing this thing? buy 3 different boxes and you can make it look amazing), they are just solid front-to-back blobs of plastic. As many others said, some of the new models are nice but over all this battle of the gods rubbish is TOO close to 40k and considering the history GW has, I expect their more interesting stuff to go the way of the Dogs of war line..
    Last edited by Smoth; 07-28-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Don't worry.
    After the success of "Age of Sigmar" comes it's companion in summer 2016 "Age of THE Emperor" (or if the emperor dies, then "Age of Ultramarines" )

Let me say from the start that I am only a painter I do not play WH, 40k or any other wargame.

I just bought the Age of Sigmar box because it's a pretty good price for 47 models. And whatever else GW may do wrong, they produce great quality minis that are fun to build and paint up. I would've liked more of a fantasy edge to the armies, but there are still some great sculpts - especially the heroes.
    Last edited by ArchArad; 07-28-2015 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoth View Post
    ...These new models are terrible with very little in the way of poseability...
    I suggest you compare the poseability of the starter set to the old starter sets.

This is how their ordinary box sets looks. http://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Skybolt-Hailstorm http://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/...als-Liberators
    Last edited by Avelorn; 07-28-2015 at 11:51 AM.