Advice/Recommendations on Painting Workshops/Seminars

Thread: Advice/Recommendations on Painting Workshops/Seminars

Default Advice/Recommendations on Painting Workshops/Seminars

As the title suggests, I'm looking for some recommendations on people to lead a painting workshop or seminar. A local painting group I'm part of would like to have someone come out to teach a one day or perhaps weekend long painting course. This would be open to anyone in the area (not just the painting group), but the group would help organize and host the class.

Right now I'm trying to compile a list of artists that do these sorts of classes and any reviews about their seminars. That way I can take it to the group and they can decide who they want to invite out, figure out cost, schedule and all that. I'm aware of a few (Alfonso "Banshee" Giraldes, Roman Lappat and others over at Massive Voodoo, Fernando Ruiz), but that's far from a comprehensive list.

Any suggestions on other artists to add to the list?

Thanks!

Don't forget Meg Maples (although she just moved to Australia) and we had Fernando Ruiz come to Toronto recently. Our painting group here is compiling a list people too, which reminds me i need to forward Tommie's info to the group to see if they would be interested in having him come across the pond...
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

I'd offer,.. but I live a ways away, and (more importantly) my painting is rubbish
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Jen Haley, Marika, Brushmistress.

Hell if my passport was up to date I might even volunteer to show you how not to paint.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I believe the Painting Buddha guys are willing to travel. Plenty of cheap airfare these days, flying from Europe to LA might cost much the same as from coast to coast, you might be able to afford it.

Good call, Zab, DR, and Oistene. I will add them to the list. Jeremie Bonamant Teboul is another one who I think does workshops.

DR, we'd love to host you out here. I'm sure you'd fit in well with the rest of the group.

Webmonkey, when the group finally makes a decision, I was planning to reach out to some of the painters in the SF bay area and see if they wanted to host a class up there too. If we're bringing someone in from outside the US, I imagine they'd want to hit up a couple places to make it more worth the trip.

David - you just need to come to chicago and host a class for me
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Mathieu Fontaine too, but I hear he doesn't travel much anymore due to the hassle he gets at the boarder. Any awesome greek painters out there? They might teach for a handshake and a cup o' coffee! Too soon?
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey03 View Post

DR, we'd love to host you out here. I'm sure you'd fit in well with the rest of the group.
    Yep, Mike would love to see the U.S again, Last time he traveled there was on the Santa María
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Yep, Mike would love to see the U.S again, Last time he traveled there was on the Santa María
    Sorry Lee it was with Eric Bloodaxe.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

You might also try John Bonnot (teaches several classes at Reapercon and others), Rhonda Bender, Jessica Rich.

Then there are a few up and coming artists, a few of which have posted on CMON, Corporea (handle on Reaper's Forums) recently taught at Reapercon 2015, she teaches "basic" basing, advanced bashing, and all the steps in painting.