Beyond mad right now, other poster passing off my work as his.
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Beyond mad right now, other poster passing off my work as his.

  1. #1

    Default Beyond mad right now, other poster passing off my work as his.

    So I was looking through gallery, and came upon this figure:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/383337

    I thought wow, that color scheme and basing look familiar, then I realized I painted it. No where in the posting or auction does he say he did not paint it and correct me if I am wrong, but is not posting someone else's stuff on here against the rules?

    I just wish the picture was not so crappy, makes me look like a worse painter than I am!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2

    Default

    PM one of the mods (like Dragonsreach) with the posters name. IMO, this is not acceptable in any way, shape or form. I am sure it will be taken seriously and dealt with.
    Last edited by Zab; 07-28-2015 at 04:52 PM.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

    Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

  3. #3

    Default

    agreed,.. all we ask is that people be honest about what they did/didn't paint. Passing off anothers work as your own is poor form.
    It's only a flesh wound!!!


  4. #4
    Superfreak!!! Dragonsreach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs, UK (A Geordie in Exile)
    Posts
    17,305
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    I might be splitting hairs here but there is no mention anywhere that this figure WAS painted by the poster only a EBay auction listing, granted that also doesn't define the artist.

    Now I have a several questions, Beowulf did you sell this figure to the person posting this image?
    Or has this been purchased from a third party?
    If a third party where and or to whom was it sold?
    Because if a third party, you will need to ensure that the current seller was aware, or not, of you being the originating Artist.

    Without further information I am unwilling to jump blindly into a contentious and potentially inflammatory situation.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

  5. #5

    Default

    And that is why I invoked your name sir. You have perspective and the voice of reason that we need around these parts
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

    Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    I might be splitting hairs here but there is no mention anywhere that this figure WAS painted by the poster only a EBay auction listing, granted that also doesn't define the artist.

    Now I have a several questions, Beowulf did you sell this figure to the person posting this image?
    Or has this been purchased from a third party?
    If a third party where and or to whom was it sold?
    Because if a third party, you will need to ensure that the current seller was aware, or not, of you being the originating Artist.

    Without further information I am unwilling to jump blindly into a contentious and potentially inflammatory situation.
    true enough the guy might just be selling it, best not to go off half cocked..........(then if it turns out he's at his work, then we can form a mob and lynch him...burn the witch!) stomps off to sharpen pitch fork
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

    cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

    on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive


  7. #7

    Default

    OK fair enough. I posed the items for sale on EBay within the past year. The person posting these pictures is not whom l sold them too. I have no clue if he knew whom they were painted by, but on all my auctions l state clearly that I did paint them.

    Lastly regardless of these things this person is posting figures he did not paint. Because what would prevent me from posting figures done by another artist?

  8. #8
    Superfreak!!! Dragonsreach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs, UK (A Geordie in Exile)
    Posts
    17,305
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beowulfthehunter View Post
    OK fair enough. I posed the items for sale on EBay within the past year. The person posting these pictures is not whom l sold them too.
    I have no clue if he knew whom they were painted by, but on all my auctions l state clearly that I did paint them.
    Exactly why I asked the questions.

    Lastly regardless of these things this person is posting figures he did not paint.
    Agreed, but it's not seeming to be done maliciously, or with intent to steal credit for your work as there is no detail claiming credit. It is simply an auction linked image.
    In this instance a PM to the person advising him/her that you were the originating artist and requesting acknowledgment of that would be the first step.


    Because what would prevent me from posting figures done by another artist?
    In answer to your last question, very little, sadly it's not the first time someone has posted another's work but this not the first time someone has posted an auction of a figure painted by a different artist. In the majority of cases that has been acknowledged by the auction host and the image removed immediately after the auction, which is what I expect to happen here.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

  9. #9

    Default

    Still not as bad as someone entering someone elses work into a competition (that happen at golden demon a few years ago)
    They should be made to drink their own weight in gloss varnish.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

  10. #10

    Default

    Wow, that's ambiguous. It must have been a really annoying thing to run across.

    Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Still not as bad as someone entering someone elses work into a competition (that happen at golden demon a few years ago)
    They should be made to drink their own weight in gloss varnish.
    Cripes!

  11. #11

    Default

    It actually happened a couple of times if I remember correctly, and it was definitely annoying as it involved minis that had placed. So there were returned trophies, re-arranged placements, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->