Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wip 3

Blog Entries

Thanks MC, made a few adjustments with the grasses and finish. Noticed some of the tuft's sticky stuff in the pic that I didn't see before so a bit of cover up.

Not much else done this week bar making a base for one of several snotlings I bought of ebay. Kinda in keeping with my previous Gobbo.

Name:  SNOTLING (1).jpg
Views: 294
Size:  67.3 KB

Quite excited about a drunk pair as well. Catch up next week, happy painting.

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

text book fantasy base, looking great
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Blog Entries

TY ten Rushed a quick pic, over running my time allowance but couldn't wait to start these guys. The snotling bases are electric conduit pipe cut and filled with standard milliput.

Memories of a misspent youth;

Name:  SNOTLINGS (1).jpg
Views: 287
Size:  50.1 KB

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Extremely special work Dennis. Always a viewing pleasure awaiting folks who view this thread.

excellent stuff in this thread, its great to watch your models come to life.

Blog Entries

Thanx BaM, you're almost a cornerstone at CMON 'n' ta very much Coyote.... although it can b a lil' slow in coming.

Fantastic to see so many new faces on WIP since I was more regular, I wish I had more time to engage but for now I have to be happy to get hobby time.

Not much of an update. Adjusting to eye strain, having to take frequent breaks becomes frustrating but i'll get round to acceptance soon enough. Sculpting is now limited to simple stuff.

This is gonna be ma wee wizard ;

Name:  SNOTLING (2).jpg
Views: 234
Size:  136.6 KB

These guys all go together on the drainpipe piece with a darkage base stuck onto it. Lots of ready made etchings, tufts n stuff a lil' later. I didn't like how feakin' big the Shamans Totem thingy was so I cut I up, bent it and hung the 'puppet' on a chain. It's now a mushie worrier mannequin

Name:  SHAMAN (1).jpg
Views: 234
Size:  154.0 KB

Oh aye, gonna change the snots club to a machete, hacking through the ferns ... hmmmm...

And these headers are for fun, fun, fun... jaundiced flesh methinx!

Name:  SNOTLINGS (2).jpg
Views: 235
Size:  141.9 KB

Lastly I need to tap into my CMON buddies as to what the heck this guy is... It's a Goblin alright but I think that's a holster n gun, so 40k??? And is there meant to be something in his other hand as there is no sculpted form, I may need to do a little greenstuff or have him swinging on a pole

Name:  GROT (1).jpg
Views: 232
Size:  155.0 KB Name:  GROT (2).jpg
Views: 235
Size:  150.1 KB

Hope to catch up next week,,,,

Yes i agree it's a gun and holster.
    Maybe a grenade in his hand?
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Yes i agree it's a gun and holster.
    Maybe a grenade in his hand?
    Yeah! A stick of dynamite 'Wild Coyote' style. Ty mate

Yes def a WIL -E- coyote -super genius style lol great sculpting and 10/10 for innovation,execution on the puppeteer

Blog Entries

Much appreciated BaM, 'ACME' label

Still prepping the other Gobbos, a few mods and a base update. Work on the other snots very fiddly, bloomin' awful casting by GW, must have been the guy that did the finecasts...

Anyhow, this base is a multi media concoction with plenty more stuff to come. Just temp position of the minis to see how the composition looks through the camera. Had to strengthen the snots arm after adding a butchered grey knights spear thingy with a greenstuff brace.... Yeah, I did break him drilling lol.

Name:  SHAMAN - SNOTLING (1).jpg
Views: 170
Size:  115.6 KB

Hope all ye Northern Europeans are well happed up with this Siberian storm, had to put my meat in the fridge to defrost, the kitchen's too cold. Til next week B well n warm

that brings back memories, i had a metal one of those goblin shamans when I was nipper. looking forward to seeing some paint on this.

Blog Entries

Thanx guys, I think I was well past it when these guys came out.... I still think fondly of pre slotta Ral Partha

Some sculpty issues fixed on Gokan so back to him this week. 2 things I avoid, white and YELLOW. Unfortunately the inspiration for this guy comes unashamedly from biz's horned god.

If anyone missed the Gokan paint along it is here;

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ng-competition

I'm sort of late

Name:  GOKAN (1).jpg
Views: 125
Size:  232.3 KBName:  GOKAN (2).jpg
Views: 121
Size:  233.9 KB

Short n sweet, must rush for mummy's day. Have a great week

Abating away from white and yellow huh? :/

Default Awwwrsome

Amazing work on the basecoat- holy shite that’s amazing-
    ballbuster
    imean
    BaM

Dennis buddy if you want to talk misprint youth how bout a big assed syringe in one hand and a tourniquet in the other - I’ll give you misspent youth. You know honestly I’m just a painter I really love the folk that sculpt ,convert etc. it always impresses me. Like this dude with the two phallus’s - I know I know what your gonna say- I spelled phalluses wrong!!!! Lololololol

now this is what forums are bout son!!!!
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 03-10-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Phallus's will do just dandy, dinny do forums fer grammar BaM..... n u can forget about convo's whilst ur gettin' all that eye candy painted. Can't be havin' any distractions....

Ty Canny, these wee guys are a pleasure (minus the cleanin' process) and a great way to break the anxiety of returning to painting, they demand nothin' but smiles and I hope to break the night gobo mould and give them psychedelic madness with polka dots.. hope it doesn't trigger any deluded flashbacks Aaaarrgggh, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds days........

One of those sleepless nights, maybe it was the 8 degrees C last night, HEATWAVE . So I did a little extra. Bringing up the yellow. Underpainted the furry bit;

Name:  GOKAN (5).jpg
Views: 100
Size:  227.6 KBName:  GOKAN (4).jpg
Views: 100
Size:  215.8 KBName:  GOKAN (3).jpg
Views: 99
Size:  230.8 KB

oops..a tad overexposed, hope you all get the idea
    Last edited by dennis.; 03-11-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Sorta movin' on a bit quicker than norm. That's the underpainting all but thought out. Lots of colours n contrast to consider and the detailing will need a fair bit of attention. Putting off the 'lumberjack' style check pattern on the cape 'til it's time for the arms to go on.... I've resculpted the axe 'brainbiter', it's ******* humungous, BFG meet BFA, all will be exposed soon

Will be doing the flesh a bit fairer than Slaine's norm to create more harmonious hues, a bit colder..brr

Name:  GOKAN (9).jpg
Views: 79
Size:  447.2 KB

Bringing this Eldar Ranger back to life. Based but in serious need of highlights and shadows. Was going to go the whole hog with freehand a la wh40k art work but I think i'd prefer to keep some simple runes, picking some out, don't know what they mean but if they look good that's good enough for me

Name:  RANGER (1).jpg
Views: 79
Size:  557.6 KB

..edit, sorry, just noticed the images aren't very sharp. Need an afternoon nap
    Last edited by dennis.; 03-13-2018 at 11:50 AM.

I’ll be watching this closely looove how you paint Denny. On the big guy excellent start and marvelous light/dark use of contrasting colors- imme$iate readability. well done thus far.