October 2015 - Anime Contest - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2015 - Anime Contest

Klatu-Verata-Nicktu!!!
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Almost done, only varnishes to matt down the gloss + gap-fill and repaint at the hair that's missing. Unless you people see something else too.

Name:  2015Anime_wip4.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  165.4 KB
    Forgot, that it works again.

Does "your mind" count as something you're obviously missing???

She turned out really well.

Makes me stressed that i have yet to touch my entry. But other hobby stuff has caught my attention.

The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

0.o...

What is all that?
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

Quote Originally Posted by cannon_fodder View Post
    0.o...

What is all that?
    The last shot before marjedi was buried under an avalanche of plastic, I think O_o

Name:  tombstone.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  37.2 KB
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Same here, KD core game reached my home. So many great plastic miniatures. Gladly only five have to be painted before you can start the game.

But first things first, I will paint my entry before I tumble into plastic kit madness.

Quote Originally Posted by cannon_fodder View Post
    0.o...

What is all that?
    That ia the, rather overwhelming pile of plastic sprues that make up the 1/60 PG Banshee Norn.

@Marjedi: That's crazy! such an amount of pieces!! and I was worried with just 40+ pieces xD xD on the other hand I am sure you are going to have LOTS of fun with it!!

@Maxxx: Oh! you were super fast painting that lovely t-shirt+jeans lady!! Those red sleeves are nice. I must point out that (maybe its because the pic or maybe because they are not finished) but I do not quite like her eyes at the moment. ^^'

@Zab: lol lol lol xD

On mine, I am going to finish the priming today and maybe start painting things... I got to kill some moldlines that I did not saw before priming ...
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

good luck with that Gundam kit. I assembled a tank this year and even that had an extreme amount of sprues (and tanks are way simpler than humanoid mechs), and perfect grades are even more insane.

maneas: thanks, but I think eyes will remain mostly as this time I remain with this style instead of going for the traditional oval eyes + highlights: http://images-e2046.com/images/produ...74cac7f9_4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    maneas: thanks, but I think eyes will remain mostly as this time I remain with this style instead of going for the traditional oval eyes + highlights: http://images-e2046.com/images/produ...74cac7f9_4.jpg
    Oh! I see what you tried to do now I did not quite understand those eyes, but I see them now. ^^

I edited this post the 12 of October for not posting a double post on my side with the following state of Momohime:
    Name:  momohime_002.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  317.8 KB
    This are the results of an afternoon and a day of work. ^^' I went through all possible problems with the AB pooling, spiders, clogging but hey I surpassed them xD I am quite happy because it is the first time I use colour on the AB, I also had to strip the face and one of the sleeves and repaint them again, because of pooling on the sleeve (weird shape and I did not see what was going on the other side) and a spider on the face.
    Last edited by Maenas; 10-12-2015 at 02:52 PM.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Man,.. 12 days in, and I haven't even started on my figure yet. And here you guys are, mostly done. All I've managed so far is this,... (the base may get a bit more work yet)

Hey Webmonkey, not to worry as I've not started on my piece yet...

F*ck me that's a lot of sprues !!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I have not touched my entry yet, so you are ahead of me Webmonkey.

Yeah, mine's still in the box and I don't feel like making it a priority. It will happen if it happens!

The majority of us seem to be dragging on this months work...

..that, or there is just a shortage of want to post about it

If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

my major problem has been time. Not enough days off so far to be able to truly concentrate on it. But this weekend (hopefully) I'll be able to crank out the next portion of it.

looks like you'll be my only opponent in the contest IF you finish WM
    looks like everyone has thrown in the towel already (and we still have 2-3 weeks to go)

that's ok,.. I figured a bit of burn out might happen doing this one so close to the last one. But we'll see,.. there's still a ways to go, and some people may surprise us yet.