Only prepped-
    Prime and ready for paint-
    Base sorted - 1
    On painting table -1
    Nearly finished painting -1
    Painted and based-
    Completed-
    Somewhere in the middle but none of the above-

Not sure I can finish in time. I really like and enjoy painting my garage kit, so I dont want to hassle it. I still need to paint the face of the young lady, most people do that first. I do that last or whenever I feel I have calm hands or the correct light. Furthermore there is the demon head... and the chains are from different materials, they have to be painted to so the look like one piece...then there is to add special effects: blood in her hands and on the cutoff head, bird poo on the coat, dry effects on base and shoes, pigments,....so much to do so little time

Today I started to add some flavor to my base. I could have used it as it is, but that just wouldnt be me. hehehe. And of course I tried something new. I will try to make very realistic moss. Anyone know a method to add dew to moss? Something that makes pearls that harden out, staying on top without soaking in? So that it looks like dew on moss? That would be the icing on my base cake

well,.. if enough people are far enough back,.. we can always push the deadline out another week or two. (assuming everyone approves)
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

I approve.
    Altough even with an extra week or two I don't know if maneas can finish (especially with the planned patterns that I'd like to see)
    Forgot, that it works again.

in which case,... push it back to say,.. Nov. 15th?? would give an extra 2 weeks for people to finish.

I approve of this as it will stop many of us from dropping out or simplifying our designs to make the deadlines.

Wow that would be just great! I was feeling like I couldn't do it in time.... I think there is also a bunch of people that we haven't got any news on their progress, so maybe this will benefit them too ^^

I am at this stage:
    Not started-
    Only prepped-
    Base sorted -
    On painting table -1
    Nearly finished painting -
    Painted and based-
    Completed-

Because I couldn't advance a lot this weekend nor the following because I am going to assist to my first miniature show (just going to have a look around and take pics to see what everybody else is doing).
    This saturday though I finished her eyes and did a little work on her face, on the base, scabbard and some armour parts... still no freehand maxxx sry ;( (still scared of messing everything up lol)

Name:  momohime_005.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  354.7 KB
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    in which case,... push it back to say,.. Nov. 15th?? would give an extra 2 weeks for people to finish.
    That would enable me to finish something.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

since everyone seems to be in agreement,.. the 15th it is!!!! (honestly, this might help me a bit too. I was sort of rushing to get done. Normally I don't get this far behind, but this month has been a lot of extra work, because this Sunday is the much dreaded "yearly inventory" day,.. bleh,...)

Agreed! Hooray!

Really looking forward to see some more garage kits painted!

Not started-
    Only prepped- 1
    Base sorted -
    On painting table -
    Nearly finished painting -
    Painted and based-
    Completed-

I'll also agree for the 15th, as the weather around here has made scheduling time to prime a bit harder lately. Will also allow me more time to double check my prep before hand.

Oh thank god for more time, was finding it difficult to find time to get this done. About 80% done so far. These big ass GK anime models are a lot harder then I thought they would be.

Name:  IMG_0782.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  251.7 KB

Well,.. they require a slightly different skill set then traditional minis. For example,.. smooth and subtle transitions count for far more then the "forced contrast" that you might be used to working with does. But still,.. I find them fun to work on, and satisfying to look at when completed.

I just have to finish the base for mine. I would rather folks have the extra time than not finish at all. Great job so far everyone!
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Only prepped mine not even primed , so would be keen for another week or two , bloody lovely.
    Proud owner of a Teronus TMM original.
    Carpe Diem Carpe Nocturne

Bad painting day for me today...I already painted face and wanted to airbrush a first layer for the hair. I painted over the face with the Vallejo silicone thingy that you can remove afterwards....but...it didnt remove....NOOOOOooooooo.... There are many tiny dots left on the face. When i try to rub them of the paint comes of too. What a desaster...I will have to paint the face again. At least the eyes are okay. And I thought I could finish this weekend. ;(

Only good thing is that the base is on its way to getting finished. Some little things to add and its all good. Bad thing though is that I tried to put all things together and while the base is standing perfectly when alone, when adding the figur it leans heavily on one side, leaving the figure like its walking against a hurricane. I will try to put some weights in, or add a milliput part to the base for stability.

Phew...a lot more things to do now. Without the new deadline I would have had to drop out