October 2015 - Anime Contest - Page 12
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2015 - Anime Contest

Ace freehand work!

A very strong entry. Makes mine look like poop in comparison.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Ace freehand work!

A very strong entry. Makes mine look like poop in comparison.
    At least you have finished your's Its not over til the voting has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by crystella333 View Post
    At least you have finished your's Its not over til the voting has been done.
    i thought endings required singing and some lady.

Crap photo,.. and still a bit of work yet to do,.. but here's where I'm at. (maybe should have gone a bit more brown on the body stocking rather then black,.. but,.. too late now)

It's only a flesh wound!!!

Looking good Webmonkey.

My tiny miniature is looking tiny

i thought endings required singing and some lady.
    that's just the end of the painting but the voting is where it counts :P

Looking good Webmonkey.

My tiny miniature is looking tiny
    Hey, I get the mini mini award...paint slapping coming sonn
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

Wow, great freehand Maenas! Did you paint some sketches on it before to get it right?
    Very sexy mini Webmonkey!

Really curious how many more great entries will be in this contest again. And curious about Marjedis Panoceania Knight too.
    Damn, I dont want to compete against friends!

@webmonkey: Black magic Webmonkey! The stocking effect looks very good.... I would like to try that one day. Was that "Runes" book interesting? xD
    @jike: I completely forgotten your problems with that masking resin... I see you have finally opted for a "human" look. Happy to see you mended the damage without further problems. Oh, and I sketched the drawings beforehand on one of the sleeves... on the other I felt more confident and went in without doing so. You can check the process at my WIP if you want
    @marjedi: How is the other huge mecha kit going? that was an enourmous quantity of pieces...
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maenas View Post
    @webmonkey: Black magic Webmonkey! The stocking effect looks very good.... I would like to try that one day. Was that "Runes" book interesting? xD
    @jike: I completely forgotten your problems with that masking resin... I see you have finally opted for a "human" look. Happy to see you mended the damage without further problems. Oh, and I sketched the drawings beforehand on one of the sleeves... on the other I felt more confident and went in without doing so. You can check the process at my WIP if you want
    @marjedi: How is the other huge mecha kit going? that was an enourmous quantity of pieces...

The Banshee is done. It was quite the experience. I want to build its companion suit, the Unicorn at some point, but i need a break. I want the LED set for that one too.

Up and running. http://www.coolminiornot.com/388960

Marjedi, you got any pictures of the finished banshee?

Quote Originally Posted by Jike Ichi View Post
    Up and running. http://www.coolminiornot.com/388960

Marjedi, you got any pictures of the finished banshee?
    Yes. Here are two pics of the completed Banshee in standard mode, and a shot of some parts in destroy mode.

Yes. Here are two pics of the completed Banshee in standard mode, and a shot of some parts in destroy mode.
    Woooohaa.. That mecha looks great. Good job on him! It looks huge too. Was it difficult to build up or as expected when looking at the thousand pieces? On a scale of 1 to 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Jike Ichi View Post
    Woooohaa.. That mecha looks great. Good job on him! It looks huge too. Was it difficult to build up or as expected when looking at the thousand pieces? On a scale of 1 to 10?
    I fully painted mine, so ran into some issues with the very tight fits on some parts. So I would put the difficulty at a 7. Had I had the LED set, it would have been a 8. But a very, very enjoyable build.

Bandais manuals are excellent.

That was impressive Marjedi! Such a massive thing, it is full of details too. Great job on it, don't forget to keep us informed on that companion suit you mentioned, I am following your wip too and those Arena Rex miniatures were so tempting that I think I will fall in the trap and buy some of them. Oh and sorry for hijacking the thread but I though it was pretty Anime related too xP
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Only a couple of days left!!!,.. get those finishing touches on!!! (I'll make the voting threads tomorrow, so final pics can start getting posted)

Just one view photo again? I find it difficult to choose one, because the focus of camera is always at a different parts of my finished model. It is simply too big! I guess there are programs that calculate more photos together to make one sharp photo, but I dont have one.

Hey Jike here's a good article that I use and still do on my pictures that may help you out too
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/article...o-manipulation

Hope it helps

Group A,... Webmonkey, Oistene, Magmapainter, Warhammergrimace, Kablaq, Marjedi

Group B,... Maxx, Moetle, Maenas, Sionid, Cannon_fodder

Group C,... Crystella, TrystanGST, Deathmarsh, Terrafirma, Jike Ichi

Threads are up for picture postings!!!