Ghost ship bases any advice?

Thread: Ghost ship bases any advice?

Default Ghost ship bases any advice?

I am thinking of starting up a Warmachine Cryx army and since most of them are undead i was thinking of making a classical hunted ship base for them, think the flying dutchman and that sort of ships.
    Now i have seen mini girl´s advice on how to create a quick base get some dollhouse flooring, cutting it with some scissors and a hobby knife to make it look worn.
    Glue some sand on the edge and then ink it up with brown inks and drybrush it with khaki to make it look worn.

Since i like to go all out with my miniatures i like the base to reflect it, because as a wise man said, you don´t paint the mona lisa and then just slap the painting in a cheep ass frame.
    So i was wondering if any of you had any advice on how to make a hunted ship/ship of the damned base look really realistic and convincing?
    My only "demand" is that the bases need to be able to handle tabletop playing.
    I know you can make spiderwebs from glue, but what good is it if those webs are torn of the first time they are fielded or put in a miniature chase.
    Last edited by Erikjust; 08-20-2015 at 05:18 PM.

See Sporket's WIP thread for his base for gutrot spume
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

Not bad, not bad, it certainly helps with the painting, now i just need to find out what materials i should use to make the base?

Balsa wood is easyiest to work with
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec