Maenas Painting Log and WIP - Page 9
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Maenas Painting Log and WIP

Lol - I see that my name has gained an extra "e" in your enthusiasm.

Oooh - best of luck to Sandra! You can add my shouts of support to your own.
    Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. ~ Edgar Degas

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

Turned out brilliant, esp. love the cape
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I'm very proud indeed...really fine work!!!

Blushing a bit now...

Will tell her for sure Shelagh

As I prepared my suitcase quite fast I have now a little spare time to show that little thing I was talking about some posts ago:
    Name:  Elvenarcher.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  78.1 KB
    It's supposed to be a 15mm scale elven archer... though it looks more like the beast from the movie "Beauty and the beast" LOL... I sculpt this thing long years ago (you can even see the rust on the wire) and I wanted to share it here for you all to see it. Since some of you are biting my sculptor long forgotten vein.... xD

My initial plans were (with a couple of friend's help) preparing a full 15mm fantasy army... but I ended sculpting one lonely elf! hahahaha

My next projects will be a little chibi Barbarian hero or maybe one of the antiheros also from Arcadia Quest possibly for webmonkey's flesh contest, and a present for a good friend that will include Barbol from GW's LOTR line of miniatures.
    Last edited by Maenas; 01-28-2016 at 03:16 PM.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

That is one very ambitious project for a first sculpt!

I need to get my grubby little hands on a chibi mini. The style appeals to me.
    Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. ~ Edgar Degas

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ArchArad View Post
    That is one very ambitious project for a first sculpt! I need to get my grubby little hands on a chibi mini. The style appeals to me.
    Yup... so ambitious that it got abandoned and years passed away. hahahaha

OHH and thank you a lot TenBall and John for passing by and leaving those words!! I completely forgot to comment you back.

Now I am aiming for the Webmonkey's Flesh contest with one of the following miniatures, I think I wish to paint the little barbarian in a way similar to that one of AndyG because flesh has always been one of my weakest points. And one I need to practice more to at least feel a bit more comfortable when doing skin.

Name:  Hbeastmans_01.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  90.7 KB

Also today I took away Barbol from his Acetone bath... since he was soaked up in superglue, and it seems it has worked out perfectly since now its perfectly clean from that stuff. So I can start filing, sanding and pining him...

That was a pretty good start for 15mm - I have no idea how I'd even approach such a tiny scale.

Not all of us have a super suit sir. Lol
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Anytime matey you deserve all of it.

Lightbulb Will you attend a 2 day course with Sang-Eon-Lee and Myeong Ha Hwang?

Hello!
    So some days without painting now, with just browsing around the more than 70 threads that I am subscribed in these forums now....

And while browsing those threads and some blogs and the internet I stumbled upon the opportunity to attend a two day course involving these Corean masters alongside some other great painters like Marc Masclans, Dani Serrano, Jaume Ortiz and Fernando Ruiz... but I am not sure if I will take "profit" of it... (thinking it will be too high a level for me, and shivering for it if I assist because it would be my first painting "masterclass") I never assisted to a painting class before so I am not sure of what should I do, so what do you think? specifically those of you who have attended some classes or courses...

I think that I will assist but still wanted to know your opinions because it will be quite a big chunk of money (250€)... sooo will you take the blue ??

GO! Fernando has a really cool technique that is good for ANY level painter. I took his class and he has tips and tricks you would absolutely benefit from GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

Sound like an oportunity, you always learn something from that courses, if they let you get a camera so you don't need to memorice but just enjoy.
    My WIP here in CMON

As well I colaborate with a spanish blog called Profanus http://profanus40k.blogspot.com.es/

I would go.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Dude ... You gotta go. If something like that came up over here I would jump at it.
    Proud owner of a Teronus TMM original.
    Carpe Diem Carpe Nocturne

Go. Have fun. Learn stuff. But go!

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

mmmm So decided then I will try to assist, thank you all for sharing your thoughts ^^

I finally found some time to paint yesterday and started my barbarian from Arcadia Quest. It is also my entry for Webmonkey's Flesh contest (I was aiming to shoot two birds with one bullet) althought it may be a too tiny or simple miniature for that contest It will also serve me to practice skin which was my true objective with this mini. xD

So his name is Grom! some pics...
    Name:  Grom_01.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  401.1 KB

Wanted to give a tanned look so I went for a more rosey-orangey-brown mix which I found over at the Smogriders step up guides
    1. Base layers with Resurrection flesh Scale75 fantasy line (I think its similar to dwarven flesh from GW)
    2. First shadows 50% prior colour and 50% Bloodfest crimson (which looks like a dark magenta/wine colour)
    3. Deepened the shadows with the 2nd mix and some Indian shadow from sc75 (looks like a reddish brown)
    4. Added a thin glaze all over the skin with inktense wood+water+glaze medium (yellowish brown, similar to seraphim sepia but much brighter and intense)
    4 and a half. Base layered the hair with brown leather and inktense violet sc75, also started on the eyes with petroleum gray which is a dark and warm grey.

super smooth!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

Nice start Mae, as for the class I am mixed emotions so do what your heart say. Like I said a million times the only true skill it needs in miniature painting is brush control, everything else will fall in place at one moment or the other. Unfortunately no one is giving brush control classes out there yet. I spent a lifetime with a tool or another in my hands at work or in my hobbies. If you think going there can teach you something to get you to a level you want then of course go but other wise spend your money on something to improve the way you work, to help you elevate your brush control skills.

Thank you for your thoughtful words Joce