Maenas Painting Log and WIP - Page 15
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Maenas Painting Log and WIP

Not yet style of figure but no denying a quality paint job

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    Wow, Maenas, those are freaking amazing. Is that game any fun, it looks it but never really looked to far into it.
    ^^
    Arcadia quest is one of our favourite games since a year ago or so, I am waiting for its kickstarter expansion "Inferno" & "Pets" both should have been released last summer.
    The game is super easy to learn and play, I have played more than 30 campaigns (a selection of 6 scenarios) with my wife, and 5 or 6 times with two more friends. The quantity of heroes, objects and situations work for a different gaming experience eventhough you are playing the same scenarios.
    While the game for two is more than ok and we like it, some people say playing it with two is a bit worse, it shines with three or four players. In that case you need to be careful because a back-stab from one of you previous mates is always possible. LOL
    In fact one of the reasons I haven't been able to paint the minis is because we play with them a lot xD
    How is your toothless doing? Yesterday I found a stick so now I can poke you around too.... xD

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf the Grey View Post
    Not yet style of figure but no denying a quality paint job
    Thank you Mally!
    I know some people do not like chibi style quite a much, but I find them excellent as a practice exercise. Having big heads they are super useful for practising skin tones and faces! I also use them as practice for my NMM technique which prior to them was almost null. I also think that NMM suits chibi perfectly so I found a perfect excuse to practice both of my weakest painting issues with Arcadia miniatures.
    I am also watching your big green multicoloured monster as it grows up
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Nice idea on the practice figure and I can understand your reasoning, makes perfect sense. Thanks for following my humble offering.

I love to play Arcadia Quest with my 6yo boy! He loves it so much that my weekend free time just shrank to nonexistence because of Arcadia Quest.
    I am almost done painting the main box, quite nice experience of Chibi miniatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Maenas View Post
    ^^
    How is your toothless doing? Yesterday I found a stick so now I can poke you around too.... xD
    Ummm, yeah...Toothless is going great......ummm yeah I gotta go....BYE *runs away*
    Toothless is going good. I am trying to do a video creation of him but its pretty difficult to do with just a phone. His head turned out to be a bit frustrating but I think thats because I am using soft clay instead of medium (it loses shape a lot easier)

So Arcadia quest always looked fun but isnt it kind of expensive to get into? Again I never really looked hard into it, but seeing the minis you paint of them makes it easy to want to pick up the game.
    Last edited by Digganob; 12-14-2016 at 01:09 PM.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Yes the game is quite fun and can be played with 6-8 years old kids!

Hey some really nice work here.

I saw the parts of the Momohime you did .... now i feel bad about crying so much about my last assembly ...
    It turned out really good. Why did you stop uploading pictures to your gallery?

they look great. the dwarf is very cool. nice work

Great jobs on this. Cool seeing good paint jobs on less serious figures.

Soooo... Progress on Toothless, wazzap?
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Yeah where's the "TOOTHLESS WONDER" aha A$$ hole !!! Looolllooooollllll oh I thought you meant oh yeah toothless yeah wassup with toothless lol

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Soooo... Progress on Toothless, wazzap?
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Yeah where's the "TOOTHLESS WONDER" aha A$$ hole !!! Looolllooooollllll oh I thought you meant oh yeah toothless yeah wassup with toothless lol
    They are calling for you @Diggs! We demand some progress ^^

Quote Originally Posted by anotherpainter View Post
    I saw the parts of the Momohime you did ...//... Why did you stop uploading pictures to your gallery?
    Yup Momohime was quite a bit of a nightmare LOL
    I almost halted my hobby for some months, and I should put Momohime on the gallery and some others too you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotebreaks View Post
    they look great. the dwarf is very cool. nice work
    Quote Originally Posted by pariahrob View Post
    Great jobs on this. Cool seeing good paint jobs on less serious figures.
    Thank you Coyote and Rob! It seems easier to paint if its not a "serious" miniature, or maybe is that I do not put so much pressure on myself... ^^'

Now on some news, this weeks I have been busy painting and filing and...
    Name:  Barbol00.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  226.1 KB

Barbol was full of superglue, so I had to bath him in acetone for a couple of days before starting.... This will be a present for a friend's birthday, since he has a diagnosed BDP he just love to watch miniatures because it relaxes him a lot when under pressure, so I thought to gift him one. Will be working on this project and keep you updated.

I also finished my last two bloodbowl elf team miniatures, some posts ago I did 11 but 2 catchers were missing from the basic pack so I played half of the league without them and the other half with them withou painting... shame on me... hahahaha Pictures of them tomorow!
    Last edited by Maenas; 12-23-2016 at 07:36 PM. Reason: adding a little bit more info.

Sweet! I love that kind of olde school ent-looking monstrosity!
    Also, the chibi player minis (Arcadia Quest?) are straight up awesome. You've really done a great job with them!

Ooh, that Treebeard will be a lovely present for sure.

Got to love a hobby where 'bathing in acetone for a few days' is a sentence that doesn't raise any eyebrows.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Got to love a hobby where 'bathing in acetone for a few days' is a sentence that doesn't raise any eyebrows.
    Hobby?! That's how I always bathe.
    Chibi minis look awesome. Plenty of anticipation for treebeard.

Ooh, that Treebeard will be a lovely present for sure.
    He does not know how nor when, but he knows the mini because he chose it some months ago. ^^
    LOOOOOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    Hobby?! That's how I always bathe.
    So do I... but now I look like this... am I cute? LOL
    Name:  Hr1-misc40.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  12.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    Chibi minis look awesome. Plenty of anticipation for treebeard.
    Thankyou Foxtail! Glad you liked them. I need to paint lots more of them ^^' Orcs, Hammerbeastmans, Spear beastmans, Sisters, Lord fang and some other heroes are still waiting in the line for the colour bath.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    Sweet! I love that kind of olde school ent-looking monstrosity!
    I made some more advancements, keep scrolling down and you'll see them
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    Also, the chibi player minis (Arcadia Quest?) are straight up awesome. You've really done a great job with them!
    Yes they are from Arcadia Quest. Happy you liked them!

And now some miniatures and work! First the couple of elves I mentioned on my last post. Team is still in need of a proper group shot though.
    Name:  HGElves_30.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  220.4 KB

And now the hobbits from the tree, I managed to finish them!
    Name:  Barbol01.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  204.1 KB

Now let's spice up the tree won't put a star in him even if it's christmas time... Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, Yule, or winter solstice!

Those Hobbits really look nice. Can't wait to see more progress.

Lmao, yeah Maen, where is Toothless, I demand progress on him....*looks nervously around* Sorry bout the invasion but I will do my best to get some update on toothless this week over at my WiP. Now back to the important things here. That Treant is looking awesome bud. I really like how you blended him into the base. The hobbits look spectacular and cant wait to see them all together. As for your asetone bath, I think it really brings out your eyes. Merry Season Solstice Year of Upcoming Newness my friend.
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

@KruleBear: Here you are
    @Digganob: You always put a smile on my face with your comments, TY ^^ (Although a grin on a skinless face with lidless eyes can be pretty scary! muhahahaha cough cough hahaha)

Further advancements...
    Name:  Barbol02.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  198.9 KB

Priming with the airbrush helped me to brush-paint those patches of grey-green on the lighted areas, and the other patches of reddish-brown-purple on the shadow ones. Since I AB with black plus lateral-zenithal white/grey/green.
    Then I got everything unified with a couple of washes of a mix of a green and orange brown shades from GW. After that I went in and mix white glue with water (30% aprox) and added some of the previous shade to the mix, then put some foam in it too (cant remember if it was woodland scenic or GW, I trash its label many years ago). I proceeded then to pinch clumps of "the thing" with a pair of tweezers and put them on treebeard to cover the "mossy" sculpted areas and some more. Also added a couple of paper plants (noch: fern and sting neetle) to the base, and some grass from army painter and green stuff world.
    It took me around 3-4 hours to go through all these stages. ^^'

I could call it finished, but I want to refine the wood and the attached moss, I will probably work a little more on the base too. (My friend deserves so )

Its like reading a comic book. How fantastical.
    ." -Me-