Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Maenas Painting Log and WIP

Impressive start, Maenas. I like those eyes.

Eyes are looking good man. Much better than I could ever do lol.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

@Oistene & Digganob: Thank you guys, I am looking forward to find more time to invest in him.

@Diggs your toothless dragon is beginning to look finished, keep at it! Oh! and I am sure you could paint eyes much better, just keep working regularly or at least every time you feel like doing so!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Maenas, Leo is looking so, so, soooo good! Level up for you my friend! All the tonal variations in the face are amazing and the red cloak looks, at the same time, very vibrant and worn. Can't wait to see more!

Thx Maen, I'm still working him, might even drop another update today lol.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Well I was not happy with the cloak @Octavian, specially with it's shadows, since I miss-interpreted some of the subtle plies the cloak has, so I finally decided to strip it back and restart it. I went a lot faster this time knowing were I wanted everything to be. I also tried to give it a subtle texture which you see at second glance or close inspection. And added freehand as bonus!!! White dots and white lines are corrections to make it look sharper, but in the end I liked the white dots in the centre of the freehand so now I am not sure what to do with them. will possibly wait till the rest of the bust is more advanced to decide.

Name:  Leonidas_04.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  275.0 KB

Got to admit, I saw the pictures before I read the text and I thought the white spots looked good. Didn't understand the maroon and spots until I read through though, and going back, they do give a subtle texture to the fabric.

Freehand is great, blending on the cloak is great, face is great. Coming on great so far!

Cannot tell you how many times I repainted something I wasn't happy with.like you it always pays huge dividends.rocking work Mae.

@Fox
    @BloodAsMedium Thanks John, I completely agree with you. Sometimes is difficult to make a step backwards, but this time I am happy with the result, and I practised red x2. LOL

Very nice, love the free hand on the cloak

Lovely freehand, it works excellently on the cloak. Do you think it's possible to get some gold in there ? I only say that as it will be fitting with the bust and the period in history.
    If you decide not to then there is nothing lost, like I say it's excellent
    Visit me on Putty and Paint

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/Mally17

@Clarke, thank you for passing by and commenting ^^
    @Mally, I am happy you mention it since I had the idea in mind but was not 100% sure. Will possibly make the inner line golden, but I will wait for the hair, armour and helmet to be with some more paint on and then decide if I add Gold or not.

Coming together nicely Maenas, I definitely prefer the red classical approach to the cloak and decorative trim. Looking forward to seeing that chestplate come to life as well.

fantastic! love his face a page back! great orcs too! great free hand on the cape very nice and clean. I agree the red is really nice. i think the purple had a bit much going on. great work! I cracked up with the chibi Viking he's great!

Well a bit of threadomancy here... Almost a year later... Got a painter's block and were unable to paint. I was playing LOL and doing regular life things instead ;(

Some weeks ago the comeback of Jocelyn @metalasmedium and some great pieces from @hairster, @sicks and @diggs pushed me to take my brushes again. Thank you guys, for you gave me enough good vibes to paint again ignoring the hassle of work and life and finding again this magic corner that miniature painting is.

Meanwhile I posted some works on instagram, is easier and FASTER to post there, but you cannot say much.

I finished Boromir from 5 or 6 pages ago. And also started and finished this couple of arcadia heroes: Scarlet and Wisp! Sorry no WIP on them I went straight.
    Name:  scarlet_final.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  113.6 KBName:  wisp_final.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  101.2 KB

These look great! Super smooth, clean painting and brilliant eyes . (look a damn sight better than the ones I saw posted from crystal brush....)

great to see you back painting!

Love these little chibi guys, something I've never tried myself but I'm seriously tempted by the scale 75 smog riders

Yeah he is back! . I really like the guy with the mask.

Yay! Welcome back! And thanks for the chibi goodness!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Welcome back to the hobby. Nice work on the return models.