King Maulg - Paintalong 2015
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: King Maulg - Paintalong 2015

Default King Maulg - Paintalong 2015

Hello all, there is another paintalong happening soon. After the recent success, my first time was the Gokan. Anyway, it seems that King Maulg in either of his 3 iterations is the mini.
    Rules, deadlines etc will follow, but so far these are the members interested:
    Quantum Man
    Tomy
    Evl Hmr
    BGCDazzler
    Boubi
    BoardAndy

If you are interested, add your name to this thread
    Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
    Lance Armstrong

Hey Homer who is King Maulg ...? Sorry for my incompetence .
    Proud owner of a Teronus TMM original.
    Carpe Diem Carpe Nocturne

AND ........why weren't you at MOAB in Sydney on the weekend ...?
    Proud owner of a Teronus TMM original.
    Carpe Diem Carpe Nocturne

Hey Terra. my 15 month old keeps my weekends packed solid I'm afraid, plus I'd never heard of MOAB until after the event! Probably best I wasn't there, I have way too many boxed mini's I've promised the Mrs I'll piant up before I get anymore (apart from this one)
    Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
    Lance Armstrong

I just ordered my mini... It will take 2-3 weeks to arrive in China!
    I have paid extra for follow up and slightly faster courrier. Let's see!

Yep, waiting for mine also (but from France I think, not China). Got a lovely note from Figone saying that their chap only checks for orders and ships them every two weeks or so, as he'd much rather spend his time painting! Well, he's honest, at least.

Soon as the little monster arrives I'll post a pic.

We'll see if I participate, but I have taken the first step due to you enablers and ordered King Maug.

Mine arrived this morning. I must say I'm a little disappointed with the cast. the detail is great but there are some pretty major mould lines down one leg and one arm. looks as if the mould didn't quite line up. Nothing that isn't fixable just more prep work than I'd hoped for.
    He is sat at the back of the shelf at the moment until everyone else is ready as I have plenty of other stuff to get on with.

Got mini today. Just plain ol Maulg. Like Andy, the cast isn't great to be honest, I think I could cut him in half and still have a mould line down one side, it looks like the cast has slipped. Ah well, I'll try and do something with him.
    Lance Armstrong

Maulg came today in the post. Looks good!

Still waiting for mine

What d'you reckon on starting on the 1st November, mebbe a three month time limit on completion?

Sounds good to me. If mine still hasn't turned up start without me and I'll catch up!

November 1st sounds a great idea. We should all have or almost have the mini's, and 3 months should be plenty of time, even for us slow painters. Anyone doing anything different with theirs? Any unique ideas we can look forward too?

Me, I'm looking at a Steampunk Maulg, with a piston arm and/or leg (to hide or remove the mould lines) I have an idea for the base already, just waiting on some accouterments to be delivered
    Lance Armstrong

I'm just going to be sticking to plain oul Maulg...
    I think I'd like to two-tone his skin, but I have got to decide on the colouration. Maybe like a bluish tint on the skintone into pink belly and blackish hands?
    (Most likely though, what will happen is I'll just paint him normal...)

Will add a thread subscription to this event since i like paint along, don't think I will participate this time around thou. Might still be around this thread to annoy and give comments

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Got my mini today and it wasn't King Maaulg it was however the pirate ogre which cost more. Since it still has plenty of skin, I guess I will be painting him up. . So at this point I am in as there is a chance of completing it. I take a week of vacation at the end of November.

Well, Sunday is Start Day!
    Hey Quantum Man and Boubi - how's things? Still waiting for the postman?

I think this is the status - anyone else in? (IT'S NOT TOO LATE KRETCHER!)
    Quantum Man - ?
    Tomy - got it
    Evl Hmr - got it
    BGCDazzler - got it
    Boubi - ?
    BoardAndy - got it
    KruleBear - got it

Hey tomy money is quite tight right now I won't be able to make it but will be watching this with interest, good luck everyone!