SaintToad's WIP - Page 96
Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 1972

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

Such a great looking piece StToad.
    He's all like "get off my moss ya d@mn kids!"

Haha, that’s obviously what he’s on about!

Name:  1ABE0FE5-2909-4418-BC5D-E063222A70E3.jpeg
Views: 247
Size:  1.08 MB

Mushrumps added.

Head on over to ToadChapel for our latest tutorial, a must-see breakdown of the technique AndyG used to produce the gnarly NMM rust on his wonderful new Black Crow Wraith.

Another nice article SaintToad, you are building quite the library over there! Keep going!

Long time no check in......again!

HobElvis is looking great.. lovely work on the skin tones (super characterful) and texturing on the cape. Basework is lush and interesting and fits the charter perfectly....great little shrooms!

Need to catch up on Toadchapel....thanks for the link!

Huge congrats for you win at NOVA! Really happy I got to see your work in person, simply amazing!
    Last edited by ekipage; 09-01-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Rhett, awesome hanging with you this weekend and again congrats on your category win!!! I guess we’ll be with John in masterclass next year... that’s a scary thought. Anyway I have your award, and I don’t know if you were there to see it but the overall category winners also got a new Grex airbrush with our little crystal plaque things (paperweights?). I’ll catch up with you via PM soon to ship them out to you when I’m back from SC. Congrats again man!Name:  6B3B59FB-4F49-4521-A8AD-E751DEEF2097.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  899.5 KB

Very nice, now I am jealous Seriously, your dwarf was an amazing piece and a well deserved win!

Ok, I’ll just say thanks and congratulations in this thread rather than chasing you guys all around the forum.
    Eki, tough break with judges. I think the fact we all favor the same piece says we’re looking at the same thing. I think there’s no doubt you’ve got what it takes to medal at NOVA next year. It was great to meet you and hang out. Thanks for coming up and watching the ceremony with us.
    John, you’re the man. The only question seems to have been which of your numerous units were goin to take the award. Masterclass gold is very impressive, given both the quality of the field and the pedigree of the judges. Your other stuff was also great and it was cool to see your tank up close & personal. That’s a favorite of mine.
    Will, congrats big time, man! You... got to meet me! No, seriously, your minis were awesome, and the fact that you’re so aware of how you can improve most likely means you’ll bring a killer carrying tray full of models next year. Your improvement has been remarkable and your enthusiasm refreshing. Can’t wait to see what you do for your next challenge, whatever that is. And of course, thanks for grabbing all my stuff. I better not see that airbrush up on EBay!
    Anyway, it was great to see you all. John, we gotta hang out more next time.

Anybody wants to read my thoughts on competing at NOVA, just check the website. There might even be a funny story about censorship!-

Well done matey
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Congrats mate, some long overdue recognition! Really pleased for you.

Congrats SaintToad, well deserved! You put in a lot of effort, not just in painting but in learning and teaching others.
    Enjoy that new airbrush!

Thanks Rhett! I had a ton of fun man. I visited the road chapel finally- great stuff I’ll be a regular reader from here on out. Also it Won’t be on eBay, pawn shops easier! Next challenge I’m unsure of, I want to do a bust or 75mm fig but after the feedback from the judges and others I’m thinking of compiling a few entries for Golden Demon so I’m trying to plan my projects- whatever it is I’ll post about it.

Congrats for the success at Nova. Yarry is my favorite of your recent creations but all of the pieces you submitted were top-level and I'm not surprised at all that you won. Looking forward to seeing what you tackle next!

Thanks a lot, fellas. I truly appreciate your support. It’s such an inspiring experience to see so much fine painting and so many creative ideas, and so exhilarating and fulfilling to see one’s work recognized.
    Things have been busy here going on Nature walks with my 1/7 scale mini strapped to my chest. Hence all the pictures of mushrooms and berries on ToadChapel! Don’t worry, fungus fans, I should have more up tonight after we take our walk today.
    I’ve started another of my scenic vignettes (as one of you geniuses dubbed them). Perhaps it will become a base for a mini, though I kind of doubt it. I’ll post a picture or two when it moves beyond the first stages of construction.
    Hope everyone’s enjoying a wonderful weekend.

It’s been tough to find much time to create anything lately but I’ve got the start of a scene together.

Name:  7390B990-3D6F-443A-9C83-17E5FC1ED7FF.jpeg
Views: 81
Size:  90.2 KB

It’s now primed and ready for painting & fungal embellishments.

Base looks good, what's going on it?

Most likely nothing, Eki. Maybe a squirrel or something.
    Here’s a bit of craft paint slopped on with a floppy brush.

Name:  54B043E3-9F0E-4FFA-8EEB-8EFCA126B6E9.jpeg
Views: 66
Size:  131.4 KB

Here are some cool yellow mushrooms.

Name:  032FB725-24DF-46BA-AE6D-8833065CEB77.jpeg
Views: 66
Size:  114.2 KB

Those are a preview for all you fungus fans. If you’ve visited ToadChapel lately you know I’ve been finding all sorts of mushrooms in the woods around Pittsburgh lately. I’d like to develop techniques for replicating some of them in this little scene I’ve started

Hope everyone’s set for a great weekend.

Hmm, a squirrel would be interesting choice and quite different from what is typically seen here. Then you need some tiny acorns laying around the base

Acorns a must, Eki, squirrel or no squirrel. I’ll have to find a good way to make them.

Name:  DAF75B26-8CEF-4390-88A4-4751CE5687D0.jpeg
Views: 61
Size:  110.2 KB

Production of tiny mushrooms has begun.