SaintToad's WIP - Page 99
Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899
Results 1,961 to 1,972 of 1972

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

This is fantastic stuff, It makes me wanna try my streangh at this little diorama things!

I figured I’d better paint something, and this fellow was primed & ready to go, so I splashed a little paint on there. I can’t decide whether I like this bust or not, to tell the truth.

Name:  576EF0EE-71E8-4357-90DC-C65214E9E36F.jpeg
Views: 148
Size:  81.4 KBName:  ED19A266-ABAD-4D14-BA8D-82EC7B593570.jpeg
Views: 146
Size:  71.4 KB

you may not "like" the bust, but I think the base skin tone and that head piece already look really nice! Only thing I really notice is that towards the lower parts (especially the back/shoulder areas) it looks like the detail is a bit weird but that might be because it is just primed black right now and I am not seeing what it actually is supposed to be.
    Last edited by ekipage; 10-13-2019 at 01:08 PM.

He kinda looks like he’s got a little cone head thing going on... but the paint part looks on point so far. Excited to see where you take this, especially liking the metal collar thing. I think this bust will provide a lot of unique opportunities for you for texturing and experimenting

is that a Zabaart bust Toad? looks very similar to his style.... Looking forward to seeing you throw some real character into that face!

Stick with it it imho is an amazing sculpt!!

From my experience if the mini doesn’t grab you from the start it’s always going to be a struggle to finish or even give 100%
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

you have made a good start. worth persevering to see if subsequent layers make it more enjoyable.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Thanks for the feedback, guys. And sorry I’ve been AWOL for a while. Bit of a combination of life, work, and mojo. Not mojo generally, just mini painting mojo. Hairster, this is a ZABAART figure, as you guessed it. I love his work, though I’m not sure it’s just right for me. 10, I agree with you strongly, but I decided to put a little more paint on it to see if I can reveal why I bought it in the first place. That and I really hate prepping new models! Anyway, I painted the eyes this morning.

Name:  3AEA0774-16FB-4C49-AF85-9E3239CF413F.jpeg
Views: 56
Size:  90.7 KB

Though I haven’t been posting as much as I often do, it’s been great seeing a lot of terrific work on many of your threads. Almost everyone seems to be improving, which is awesome.
    Have a great day!

Really like those eyes you painted there, brings life into it!

I feel Ike he’s staring into my bank acct!!!! I mean you gotta know your off to a good start when a dwarf is staring into your bank acct .

Those eyes look great Saint Toad! Don't worry, take your time. It is hard when there is a little human being around that needs all that extra attention and time that you have available.