SaintToad's WIP - Page 81
Page 81 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2033

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

Its really cool getting into a rpg character it give that little bit extra mojo when painting! He's looking grand. My dwarf is coming along well although he's been a bit unlucky with his defence and been cried twice in 3 nights off playing and only one fate point left.

Your question about 3d files currently to expensive to sell high resolution prints but I will buy a set of masters and mold and cast them.

I usually try to have some sort of narrative in mind when I paint something. Definitely adds to the enjoyment. I'm looking forward to your finished dwarf, Canny! I'm also eager to see what you pull off with the shattered bases. Is there any way for you to set the individual slabs of ice/rock on different levels & angles? Might look cool.

Anyway, here are a couple of projects underway. The first is the librarian I've been slowly working my way through. Then we have a tactical marine lugging a heavy bolter.

Name:  Librarian.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  87.7 KB

Name:  Heavy Bolter.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  105.8 KB

It looks like you did already some amazing work on basing the tactical marine. This looks very individual - I like!

Thanks, Graishak. Check out my website for some more WIP conversions.

I also put together a tutorial on some uses & techniques for fluorescents.

Excelente mío maestro !!!

Thank you, my man BaM! Love the chop-chop.

Here’s a bunch of converted old style marines. They’re all for Kill Team. I’ve been banging them out this week, planning to use my father-in-law’s airbrush tomorrow. I’m working on a couple more. Can’t wait to show you the pyromarine!

Name:  44DAD8F5-4FA4-4960-AAE2-3F36DB870E6C.jpeg
Views: 290
Size:  120.4 KB

Really nice conversions... going to be killer all painted up...

Good to see you busy busy mate
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Your productivity is inspiring Toad and its easy to see how much fun you're having with these minis too. I'm still enjoying all the updates on your site as well. I wouldn't mind reading about how you convert stuff since it seems like you have a knack for it. Keep the minis and articles coming!

Thanks, guys. Kuribo, I’ll be happy to write up a piece on some conversion ideas. I’ve got a ton of minis to paint off my desk (and more to come!!), but I’m going to try to keep the modeling coming.
    Here’s a start on a tactical marine gunner lugging around a heavy bolter. Love that beautiful airbrush basecoat! Saves so much time!
    Name:  72A15C79-90A8-48CD-9259-D36F9EE7CC74.jpeg
Views: 259
Size:  83.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very cool. Great poses they look action packed!

Thanks, bud. Here’s a bit of progress on some of my new marines. I’m working on these guys, as well as several other short/mid/and long-term projects at the moment. Trying to get a team together as a gift for my friend, eager to start some major terrain projects, entering a new minis-based RPG campaign... a blessing and a curse!
    Name:  12885ACC-285A-41AF-9A7A-4EF78689401B.jpeg
Views: 223
Size:  150.4 KB

King of conversions!!!!!!!
    uber awesome!!!

Cool kitbashing as always Toad, enjoying reading your fluo/UV tip son Toadchapel as well. Thanks!

Thanks, gentlemen. Glad you enjoyed the little write up, Hairster. I like writing them, so I’ll continue if people find them useful or interesting.

Shots of the finished marine are on the website.

Yessir please continue!!!

Alright, friends, it’s time for another solstice project for the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society’s annual gift exchange. I’m modeling a slice of Innsmouth showing the entrance to the Gilman House hotel. I’ll be posting installments of progress/tutorial for anyone who wants to follow.
    I’m not going to show you anything here so you bastards all have to visit my website. I’ve got the fever for likes!

okay, question: How can you be exact without measuring?

Hey, Eki, thanks for stopping by.
    In this case I’m just talking about using the pieces you’ve made- which are not measured in inches or cm or anything- as your basic units of measurement in the construction. Styrene allows you to use them as rulers & measuring instruments, as well. There is measurement, but it’s both slightly wapperjawed and jury-rigged. Check out my latest post, where I discuss this whole idea of cultivated imperfection at length.
    As I build, I lean on the underlying geometry and figure it out as I go. It does have to be precise. Really precise, sometimes! The tolerances of the build, though, don’t require measuring according to any universal standard, because the piece is one of a kind.
    I’m not sure if that answers your question, because I’m unsure whether what I’m saying is obvious or obscure. Hope that helps.