SaintToad's WIP - Page 110
Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2245

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

Damn, that looks sensational mate... very nice job

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    Thanks fellas. Glad you like it. I tried hard! He’s done, so let me know what you think. I tried for an hour to take some decent pics, but it was a wash out. I truly suck at it. If I get some good ones I’ll throw them up on my blog and P&P and give you the links. For now, here he is hanging out on the back patio.

Attachment 79603
    Oh my god Toad. There is so much to mention in that bust. The face is so realistic... The stubble the eyes the skin so lifelike! And then there's all the texture you have going with the stippling! The leather is A class work. He's a 9.5 out of 10 for me! Makes me inspired to paint a bust as a project soon. How does it compare to painting 28mm?

Very nice work there on your latest figures

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Dang, really great work on that bust!

Blog Entries

Thank you all, guys, I really appreciate your support. Daniel San, it’s very different from a 28mm figure. I’ve done quite a few 54mm and busts, so it’s hard to say what the adjustment would be, but I find larger sizes liberating. There’s more space for texture, for detail, for expression. 1/10 scale is pretty huge, so you probably want to start somewhere smaller than that. My Norman warrior was 1/16, which I loved. I’d say if it’s something you think you’d enjoy painting, give it a go. I’m certain you’ll learn from it, if nothing else.

Blog Entries

Always be painting! This is the brand new bust from Zaba Art. Very big!

Name:  D453B2DC-A13A-485C-AF9F-C954E42965F2.jpeg
Views: 152
Size:  93.0 KB

Blog Entries

Thanks, Chris. Anyway, here he is all finished. Let me know what you think.

Name:  1C7AC978-5CB6-4777-AAA4-C0FE7E92DE2C.jpeg
Views: 125
Size:  84.2 KB

Beautiful paint job, that skin shading is awesome! You've got some great textures going on there, especially on the leather cap.

Its great toad I echo the textures are great. But I mostly love his sorrowful eyes if that's what you were going for.
    Last edited by CPTDanielSan; 06-10-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Wow you really pump out one great bust after the other over the last couple weeks.

Really love the Knight(?) with the fire OSL on the face. Great atmosphere and overall look. You really nailed it there ith the two light sources. Also like the norman warrior. The weahtered helmet looks great as well the face and the leather.

The jester looks very good too. The textures, especially on the folded leather piece and the eye expression are very good. The only thing I could nitpick about is the mouth area, you maybe overdid it there a bit with the greenish, turquoise glazes. To me it looks like some kind of OSL is going on but then other facial parts would have to be hit by the colored light.

Keep on the good work

I have to admit I am a little disappointed in this one (because I thought it was going to be Count Chocula...) Seriously though, great job on this! I love the colors you used on the face

Blog Entries

Thanks, guys. Yes, DS, I was going for sadness. The feedback I’ve gotten suggests I hit the mark. I liked the juxtaposition of the merry outfit and his personal suffering. Cyanide, thanks for the criticism. I always welcome it.
    But that was yesterday! Today I wanted to challenge myself to paint a bust in a day. Well, technically I prepped it yesterday, but still.
    Let me know your thoughts!

Name:  0F1656CB-2D71-437D-B5F2-1FF9D7623F75.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  83.1 KB
    Last edited by SaintToad; 06-10-2020 at 11:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Anyone wants to check out some better pics of my zonked out shaman can check him out on the ToadChapel. Have a look around while you’re there. There is genuinely a lot of great stuff.

Fantastic texture on the skin
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Blog Entries

Thanks pal. I’ve been enjoying a high tide lately of time and motivation both, and I’m having fun trying things out without a lot of fear of failure. This one did turn out pretty nicely.

I’ve got another bust to show you. This is another by RVdB. I was trying out a more Banshee-ish approach to the skintones, mixing lots of midtones and using them all over the model.

Name:  D0E7AAB1-F1EF-4519-BDA2-DF25898986F4.jpeg
Views: 74
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  CA653656-E15A-4CF4-8748-921AFBCDE893.jpeg
Views: 74
Size:  83.0 KB

Thats my favorite of your recent bust haul Toad. The red skin tones the teeth and eyes are all incredible work. I'm literally trying to soak up your talent here.

Dan.

Wizard of wizardly busts!!!!!

quite nice set of busts you are rapidly making.
    Forgot, that it works again.