SaintToad's WIP - Page 102
Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103 LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2049

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

Great job on this and never noticed some of the smaller details until checking it out on ToadChapel

Sensational workmanship buddy!!!!

Fabulous little dio mate , especially like the roof tiles
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Back to some peaceful scenic stuff for me. Here’s a log with some turkeytails tucked in there. I’m planning to do a tutorial covering the creation of a few different kinds of mushroom soon.

Name:  2996A906-1F8C-48FB-926E-01857A95E35F.jpeg
Views: 194
Size:  90.7 KB

Really sweet job on those 'shrooms!

Man the tree branch is awesome! Those mushrooms look real.

tee

I third that, that little branch with shrooms look awesome. Looking forward to that tutorial!

Thanks, fellas. Here’s a look at the little scene I’m creating. There will be a figure on this one.

Name:  C3734DEA-99A2-463E-938D-D54FC85155E5.jpeg
Views: 149
Size:  164.7 KB

Stunning work SaintToad! Who is going to go into this beautiful little scene?

Thanks, guys. The scene’s finished (I think) and you can view all the details on ToadChapel. As I said, a mushroom making tutorial is in the works. Gorb, the figure is going to be a hunter... of mushrooms! No warrior here.

You might notice an additional piece of information in my signature below. I started up an Instagram account today if anyone’s interested in checking that out. If you visit the website you’ll know that it will feature a lot more than just miniatures, but there will be plenty of that to reward your curiosity. Anyway, it is a thing.

Hope everyone’s doing great this weekend!

Mushroom tutorial is up on ToadChapel. Check it out if you want to add a bit of funky fungal detail to your next base.

10Ball’s tutorial on rusty metals is now up on ToadChapel. Don’t miss it!

really nice work on the diorama, the poses look good... believable
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Again....I've missed loads here! Although we did catch up briefly on instagram.

Diorama is spot on my friend, lovely scratch building on the Taverna scene and the placement of the minis give a very natural looking snapshot scene. Love the fact that it developed so organically as well!

Back to your lovely scenic work as well...keen to see what gets placed on that lovely plinth

Will be sure to drop by TC as well to check the new stuff out.

Congrats on the two new tutorials SaintToad, your site is becoming a good source of very useful techniques and inspiration.

Thanks for all the nice remarks, guys. On the tutorials, stay tuned, as the ToadScribes have several more in the pipeline. Another from 10 and one from BaM, as they’ve both indicated, plus one or two more from the CoolMini community. Maybe even a regular from the forum or two.
    I’m also glad you guys like the diorama. I had an absolute blast bringing that together, as evidenced by the fact that I was adding figure after figure. I just got so deep into the narrative I was building and I felt very happy with both the process and the product. Our old buddy Kuribo suggested minis from a game called Gangs of Rome, so I now have enough minis for at least one more 28mm Roman scene.
    Thanks for stopping by!

It’s a magical landscape of wonderous wonder and miraculous miracles !!! ‘‘Tis beutiful “