SaintToad's WIP - Page 103
Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2075

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

I’ve been putting a bit of paint on my mushroom hunter. Today I gave her a very colorful dress!

Name:  3F092A1F-6A83-4F3B-8090-7752A3CDE525.jpeg
Views: 223
Size:  72.7 KB

Great job on this and really like the design on the dress.

remunds me of.....muuh-thaaaaa

cool paint job. the dress design is very nicely done
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

My Instagram - where I post pictures every now and again https://www.instagram.com/coyotepaints/

Love the mushroom hunter dude... but shouldn’t that be a self portrait not a little old lady??

great work as always. Look forward to seeing this next piece come together!

Thanks, guys. Sik, I would love to put myself in that mushroom patch, but I gotta paint the minis that are available! Actually, I thought she was pretty much perfect for the vibe I hoped to achieve. Sculpt was a little tough in spots, but I hope I did her justice.
    To see the completed scene, check it out on ToadChapel. I might add a bunny or a squirrel, but I’m calling it done for now.

Ok friends, we’ve all been drooling over those diabolical skintones on 10Ball’s Shaetann. Well, he’s a terrific guy and agreed to share his black magic formula with all of us. To read a tutorial on Shaetann’s demonic skin, head on over to ToadChapel using this link.

Boom! In addition to the incredible tutorial by 10Ball which I posted earlier today, I've also just added to the ToadChapel library a great tutorial by our pal g0rb on the scratchbuilding and weathering of a display platform he created for his models. Everyone likes a glimpse into Chris's unique methods, and here's your chance to peek under the hood of that mind of his!

Damn! The christmas period is quit extended this year! Thanks guys!

Just wanted to check in and say I hope everyone is healthy and safe. I feel you if your plans, like mine, have been scuttled by corona. Be smart & stay sane out there, my friends.

I hear ya, was looking forward to the IPMS show here in April (still chance but very slim)

Likewise Rhett, glad to hear you’re ok. And yup the virus tanked Adepticon so no Golden Demon for me this year. I’m postponing the dio for now but will have it done for Masters at Nova at the least. I think the hardest part coming up will be instead of getting a break from the family I will be stuck indoors with my wife and 2 kids- not a bad thing, but will be an exercise in patience and probably lead to not much painting progress. Stay safe and healthy bud, and thanks to and the contributors for the tutorials on toad chapel.

Picked this fellow up as a break from all the drawing I’ve been doing. 2-D creativity has fit more easily into my schedule in recent months, but it looks like I’ll have some time for some longer-term projects with all this social distancing. Ah, well, we mini painting nerds are in a better position than most, I’d say. Solitude? Bring it on!

Name:  B336F883-24AA-4C36-B0AF-B98DBD3E19E2.jpeg
Views: 75
Size:  78.5 KB

Nice, you picked this fella back up! Face is looking really good and those are look great!

I’m glad you did this was in the early stages but far along enough for me to feel it was on its wAy to somthing that will take breaths away - please Rhett are it through. I love the s jolt and where it’s at so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    Nice, you picked this fella back up! Face is looking really good and those are look great!
    Dang it! see now I am typing like BAM
    *eyes look great

Blooping along with this guy. Though I’m painting him more for fun than competition (and the stress that comes with that exacting standard), I’d appreciate feedback from you all. His beard is not finished, by the way.
    Name:  D4464EE4-AAA5-42F2-AC4D-C6D8B99FF870.jpeg
Views: 43
Size:  81.8 KB
    Name:  5BAB8032-0C96-451C-9B9B-54FBFEBF1F5C.jpeg
Size:  80.9 KB
    Name:  81637A11-C245-4EB2-878C-218C382B6E75.jpeg
Size:  83.8 KB

Hope everyone’s well & well stocked. I hope painting and other hobbies are keeping your mind and hands occupied.

I think it is looking pretty sweet! Some things I notice or suggestions, the cheek on the right side of the face seems like the red is a little too high or something (not quite sure but seems a little off from the other side, unless you meant to do that). As for suggestions, maybe some stubble on the top sides of the head, but the crown of it is bald

Liver spots - he’s of age lol