SaintToad's WIP - Page 88
Page 88 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1972

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

Eki, I’m so honored and excited! I just spotted those the other day and I’ll probably grab some myself. Tre is a really nice guy from what I’ve seen in our emails and if you haven’t had any of his minis I think you’ll be impressed. He is very good. They’re tiny, man! If you decide you are going to paint a couple, I’ll be super happy. I started on three yesterday!

Darn I am relly beh8nd on checking the wips. A lot of nice work. The marines face is so eerie looking and that makes it striking. I absolutely love everything about the wizard. Great job on getting the textures on such a small mini.

I also like the patina on the terrain. I keep moving this same terrain around my paint table as Iam torn on making each piece stand alone or affix them all to a permanent grave yard board.

I feel you, man! I go back and forth over the same thing. I’m thinking I’m going to build my Kill Team board for modular lay-outs and maybe give myself more of a fun project of an integral board next. That said, I may well leave it modular for a time and then integrate some terrain later as my options grow. For my playgroup I feel like I should leave it modular, but for my artsy-farts self the thought of little gaps at the bottom of the walls just drives me nuts.

Ok, need your help, guys: I was going to build a sort of desert wasteland board, since I so often do the kind of Northern European temperate look so often. But... the RYZA ruins I painted recently have a lot of water damage on them, and a desert board may look kind of ‘off’. Thoughts?
    Last edited by SaintToad; 03-07-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Who is to say the water damage wasn’t from eons ago when the area was less dry?

I've been slow to follow your progress on here Toad but I've been enjoying your website updates every time I get a chance to read them. It is neat to see you jump between fiction, fantasy, and sci-fi so effortlessly. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next

Ah, KB, that’s a neat solution. I’ll take it, I think. Sounds very epic, too!

Kuribo, thanks for the support, bud. If you’re checking out the site you’re getting everything I do, pretty much. I try not to overlap directly with this thread, but the vast majority of my effort and most of the creative side of things is now over in the Chap. I’m glad you enjoy the stylistic leaps- I have a short attention span. You’re a member of a very exclusive club which only includes followers to the site. And you’ve still got about half my comments! If you read the weird little horror story (that masquerades as fantasy) that was sitting on there incomplete, I’ve got a bunch more written and will hopefully add it back onto the site before too long. Again, thanks so much for checking out my [still searching for the word to replace ‘work’ in this context].

If anyone’s interested in a quick tutorial on glazing inks onto faces, I’ve got one for you. This is the marine currently on my desk that I used for the tut.

Name:  4E762767-987D-4622-89E3-1BA616161383.jpeg
Views: 260
Size:  92.7 KB

That face looks fantastic, Toad! It will really stand out on the battlefield and make your opponents quake with fear as this guy has an intense scowl!

Excccellllent work my dear boy!!!!

Default 10Ball Tutorial!

Ok friends, you’ll want to check out a great new tutorial on ToadChapel. This one’s written by local hero and all-around good guy 10Ball and uses the incredible bell on his latest work to explain highly reflective NMM gold.
    Last edited by SaintToad; 03-07-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Thank you, gorb. He’s not a bad painter.

Here’s a librarian I’ve finally finished for Commander games of Kill Team.
    Name:  091034E4-8DA3-451F-B676-8F1BC6DD99BF.jpeg
Views: 163
Size:  104.1 KB

I always looking forward to new converted models on this thread . Starting the prep for you know whom.

Nice stuff all around, I particularly like the crypts and the wizard, nice texture on the cloak!
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 03-11-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks for the Toadchapel content again! Always a good read

New mini looking great as well...nice work on the sword.

While attending story time with my daughter yesterday, I spotted a flyer in the library window for a modellers’ show put on by the local chapter of the IPMS. Lucky me, the show was today. Since there was a figure division, I packed up some models and went on up. Glad I did:
    Name:  78A4A562-A01E-45F5-B8B9-B97BE9151AA5.jpeg
Views: 108
Size:  80.5 KB
    In open judging I took four golds! Some of you may remember a few older pieces that I decided I wanted to show.
    Next year I plan to bring a few friends to increase the visibility of 28mm scale, add a few larger models to better fit the vibe of the show, and try to win the division as a personal goal. I had a great time and met some fabulous folks.
    Hope everyone’s living the dream.

Congratulations!!!

Congrats on the wins, that was a lucky find of the flyer! What is IPMS?

Thanks, guys.

Eki, it’s the International Plastic Modeler’s Society. They focus more on cars, tanks, planes, etc, but they had a figure division so I went up and gave it a go.