SaintToad's WIP - Page 104
Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2080

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

Looking great Toad. Based on the awesome highlights on the nose and cheeks, the top of the head doesn’t seem to have enough highlight. I also like BAM’s liver spot idea. Btw, the granny vignette is pretty sweet.

Glad you are keeping safe during the chaos we are going through from Nurgle’s touch.

Liver spots and head highlights added. Plus leather painted. Thanks for the feed back. Eli, I’ going to look at it a little more before I add the stubble on the top of his head. Might do that, too.

Name:  C710964E-F9BE-47AE-A5E9-7739DD68D63C.jpeg
Views: 124
Size:  90.1 KB

Who is this "Eli" you are talking to? Just a suggestion, I actually like the liver spots on him and don't know if you would want to do the stubble look now

Damn, Siri, you fickle-hearted trollop!

The eyes of this bust are perfect. He's staring at me ^^

Thanks, guys, for the kind words and the suggestions. Eli , I did add a very faint line of stubble around the sides of his scalp. It’s subtle, but I’m really glad I did. Definitely seems to bring out the colors all over the face. I also painted the bones & teeth, the leather straps, and added some age to the beard.

Name:  6420B1AD-DDA0-4778-A6EA-D924CB75BB82.jpeg
Views: 111
Size:  101.2 KB

I know this bust isn’t perfect, but I’m really quite pleased with the result I’m headed for and I’m glad I felt moved to pick it up again. I’ve learned a lot and hope I can apply some of that acquired understanding to my next project.

Ahhh now that’s a way to show age . That lil addition marks him asnot just a well painted bust- but a real tiny entity that is declaring him as an Eldar with a tin of experience.

Just in case you missed it darken in the ear canals.

Thank you, Johannes.

He’s all finished. I had a great time painting him. Learned a lot and overall feel like I succeeded at what I was trying to do. You might remember that this was an orphan project for a couple months. I think I just needed to wait for the right time to get into the project.

Name:  F34AF855-6188-4C01-809D-0FF87205455F.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  92.8 KB

Name:  96D20BBF-43BD-4B26-95D7-A274803124E9.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  94.7 KB

There are some more photos on Instagram if you’re interested.

Eli says you done good! I really like that stone (or what ever it is) on the front of his chest and the two in the crown.

I agree with Ekipage, the pendant texture is really nice! Well done all around. I feel like he's staring into my soul a little bit haha.

I like the liverspots adds nice texture
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Absolutely loving this bud. Beautiful work. The skin is wonderful, the eyes really pop, the pendant is on point. Excellent work man

Great job on the bust. The eyes are stuning.

Thanks so much for the kind words, friends. It’s so gratifying to share your efforts with people who have followed the process of creation and hear nice things back! Though he’s got a few warts, I’m proud of that little fellow. I had so much fun I’ve already ordered two more busts from Lukáš. We chatted for a while on Instagram and he’s sending me something pretty special.

Ok, here’s the next project underway. It’s the classic King Maulg figure from Allan Carrasco. He’s been sitting around for a while and I figured I’d give him some color. I have never been comfortable with NMM style painting, but I admire it a lot when it’s well done. Figuring I wasn’t going to develop any skill at it until I pushed myself, I painted Maulg’s axe using the non-metallic technique. I think I’m pretty much done, but I’d gratefully accept your feedback.

Name:  05C1527D-6EFF-4555-B10F-116502FCDEFF.jpeg
Views: 33
Size:  67.6 KB

Name:  F392C036-6441-411C-903F-18D0102B93F3.jpeg
Views: 33
Size:  73.0 KB

I myself love subtlety it takes a careful plan and a careful hand!!! You possess both to achieve both that . Well ferkin done toadster!!!

Okay, for not being comfortable with NMM, you did a freakin fantastic job of it!

I saw it on instagram already, and my verdict is the same: Fantastic!

Axe head is sweet. I wish I could paint it as well. Hoping a tutorial follows....hint hint.