SaintToad's WIP - Page 113
Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114 LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2274

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

I haven't stopped by for a short while. You've been busy! My paintbrushes are in the other room thankfully, or else they'd be shaming me to no end! I really like the Kobald. Super cool skin tones, and the textures? Fergeddaboudit! Funny to see the Space Marine, just starting into that realm myself.

WIP: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ramblings-spot
    Blog: http://blog.coolminiornot.com/blog.p...6-Flaming-Tiki
    “A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black, because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light.”
    Leonardo da Vinci

Blog Entries

Cheers gang, thanks for stopping by. Kuribo, I too have been surprised at how challenging it is to do a good space marine in a very straightforward way. Had to take a break!
    Here’s progress on the droid.
    Name:  594B8536-2077-4716-B222-0EA1FC40C5FF.jpeg
Views: 225
Size:  68.0 KB

love the material effects in the blues and whites
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Some nice colors on that droid Rhett! As usual you are kicking ass with the textures.

Love it love it love it!!! Vivid colors , linear freehand , NMM classics toad talent!!!

Blog Entries

Thanks fellas. I had a really fun time with this guy. Just the right amount of challenge.
    Here is the finished model. You can go see more photos and vote for him on P&P if you’d like. I’d certainly appreciate it.
    Name:  A20483E8-FC3D-4199-9015-FA8A73CF8C06.jpeg
Views: 177
Size:  50.7 KB

Wow! The scarf-piece looks like "real cotton"!!!

Super paint job Rhett, love the reflection and the textures on this!

Fantastic one! The texture on the scarf is really something.

Hmmm it seems johnboy and his “consistency Rhett ... it’ll happen just keep posting” theory worked out -AGAIN- you see guys it’s not just bamjitsu, it’s not just grimdark or whatever they call it,it’s not figure mentor (just sent in my profile pic ) it’s this whole mini painting thingie- I’m not the top 10 worlds best, however I know it just as well!!!

great job now go start more marines ,busts , whatever is next your gonna kill it !!! Stay with the busts too you have a legitimate like of them . And there are so many different lovely beauties out there. Oh yeah stay clear of the rovers.

Great work on the bust. You are going to kill it when ever live competitions come back

Wonderfull work on the bust.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Blog Entries

Hello friends, hope you’re well. I’ve been getting back to work, 5 days a week at school, so my painting time has been more inconsistent in the last couple of weeks. Nevertheless I finished up another marine:

Name:  B3F1807A-B37B-4071-BF77-454BB5616FC8.jpeg
Views: 109
Size:  45.0 KB

If you want to see some more shots and read a bit about the frustrations I encountered while painting the Smurf, I put up a post on ToadChapel.

Somewhat more interestingly, I started this new little bust from the Secret Workshop. I’ve really enjoyed working on him so far and I’m happy with how he’s shaping up.

Name:  F1D297F0-FD1B-45CC-9770-1F9547E74DF0.jpeg
Views: 109
Size:  37.7 KB

Keep your brushes wet, gang.

Nice work toad love that blue -wonderful vibrancy on that color work.

I like the smurf, and LOVE the bust. Already sooo expressive. Well done!

First of kudos to you for "going back to basics" and painting space marines in simple colorschemes, at the same time pushing out these spectacular busts.
    It is something I think would benefit me too (the space marines, not the busts )

The marine looks great, yes when you point it out I can see the gloppy knee and the CA spill, but the subtle shading on the armor panels and especially the gun, plus the fine edge highlighting is great!
    And then you have that unobtrusive NMM on the shoulder trim...

I always find it awesome when I look at a piece, and only after a bit realise that no, that is not tmm, it just LOOKS LIKE REAL METAL!!!

Blog Entries

Cheers gang. I finished the Acolyte bust. You can find more pictures here on P&P, and I’ll get a little write up done for ToadChapel in the next few days. Hope you’re all healthy & happy, and enjoying weather as spectacular as what we’re getting here at the opening of Autumn.

Name:  D260A44A-56FA-4506-9B7B-2CBA16A64B79.jpeg
Views: 63
Size:  40.4 KB

Again you’ve caught life in his eyes
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Nice one Toad! I'll give you some love next time i log on to P&P