SaintToad's WIP - Page 39
Page 39 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

Thanks, Tero. My wife took a job (she works out of Pittsburgh) for an organization over there, so I'm just tagging along and chilling with those wildlifes. We're taking a photo safari, which I'm freaking pumped about! Apparently the wildebeest are migrating, which brings out all the predators. Whatever happens, the first time I see a lion/elephant/giraffe, I'm going to lose my mind!
    Anyway, I finally attached the backpack. Though I didn't do any packing today, I haven't given up hope of finishing this guy tomorrow (painting anyway...).
    Name:  Pack.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  175.6 KB

Looking awesome Saint. Enjoy Kenya, if you haven't seen those wild animals up close it is quite an experience.
    While you're in Africa, you should pop into Pretoria to visit ArchArad and myself... It's only 4000km from you :-P
    Miniature painting takes a little brush and a lot of patience.
    My fledgeling WIP
    My Gallery

Impressive ....most impressive!!!! be safe ,keep your eyes open and always have fun but be aware of your surroundings.

Thanks, gentlemen. Yeti, I'll pop right over and say hello!
    More work... after packing like four shirts and pants, I needed a two-hour break. I was inspired by this thing my wife has hanging over the door to our attic (it's just some thing she got on Overstock or some place):
    Name:  20160723_184306.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  259.3 KB
    I like colors, as well as the the very subtle, fairly low-contrast filigree, so I tried to capture that same look on the apron:
    Name:  Apron.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  158.0 KB
    I have generally mostly shied away from freehand in the past, so I decided to conquer that fear on this mini. While I know I have lots of improvement ahead of me, I'm happy with the results and glad I jumped in.

Really nice work! Even if he is wearing the color of cowards...
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Zab, his glorious and ancient suit of yellow power armor gleams like a sugary confection of wrath as he stands in defiance of all who oppose the Emperor.
    More doodads. Still procrastinating...
    Name:  24 VIII.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  156.3 KB

Brilliant work mate, I was impressed enough by the clean chequer pattern on the chain sword, then I noticed his robe and my mind was blown, although now you've called it an apron I imagine him cooking a steak with the plasma pistol and carving it with the chain sword :,p

"How do you like your steak, captain? Medium rare? OK" [peeuw, peeuw] "It's well done. Apologies, sir."

Thanks, Sicks. I am really happy with this guy, and everything (except the yellow armor) has just felt really easy. I wish I weren't forced to take a break from painting, as I really want to keep pushing to improve. I've had a lot of time off and, well, this is pretty much what I've done with it.

The scions of Dorn hid behind the walls of Terra during the Heresy. Still, nice job of painting him.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Awesome work on the face Saint!! Also a lot of freehand in there, great efforts, you are improving a lot lately *envy envy*
    Have a great summer trip! you will have a lot of inspiration for basing and texture working!!!! *even MORE envy* hahahahaha
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Wow, great work. I love how the tabard turned out, and of course the face is terrific. Bailey gives good advice doesn't he?

My nitpick would be that his expression doesn't quite match his pose. I feel like the facial expression and eyes should be focused on where the chainsword is going. At the moment he seems a bit distracted...

Enjoy your vacation!

Oh yes I like this, lovely freehand on the material
    Also nice clean painting on the centre gem stone.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Wow mate! Brilliant stuff. I love the woven look of the tabard but this gems!!!!!! Some of the nicest I've seen

Your BEST yet bud!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Lemming View Post
    That robe looks fantastic
    I cannot say it any better. I am away from the forum for a few days and come back to you leveling up in awesomeness!

Hello, everyone! I'm back from my incredible trip to Kenya. I was without wifi for nearly the entire trip, so I shall have some reading ahead of me trying to catch up on everyone's current projects and condition. I hope you are well.
    Name:  20160807_071547.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  61.0 KB
    I'll be much busier than before the trip, but I look forward to getting some brushes back into my fingers.

Wow I don't even remeber the last time I saw an elephant never mind roaming around by the dozens!!! That's an experience ill never have so cherish it Rhett and ill cherish you cherishing it!!!my man!!! A FERKIN world traveler!!! Btw great work on those cowardly space Marines!!! Beware the green tide waaaaaagh!!!

Glad you are vicariously chasing elephants with me, BAM. I have been lucky enough to do a lot of international travel in the last few years (Haiti, Israel, Greece, Italy), most of it very cheaply. It has definitely added a lot to my understanding of the larger world and my own home. Our 3-day safari was incredible. We saw tons of animals, including all the things people come hoping to see (well, the leopard was hiding under a bush, surrounded by a horde of tourist-filled jeeps). However, being the only people on hand to see this pair of rhinos (4% of the rhinos in Maasai Mara, apparently) fifteen minutes before we headed out certainly made up for that!
    Name:  20160807_082532_002.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  59.9 KB
    Lots of lions, cheetahs, giraffes, zebras, buffalo, vultures, baboons, and, of course, zillions of wildebeest (including a couple being devoured by lions, which is... well, it's awesome. Circle of life and all that).

The rest of our trip was great, as well. I spent two days in a Catholic primary & middle school in a town called Kiserian, about 45 minutes southwest of Nairobi, and was able to give two unplanned 'guest lectures' on Aristotle & Descartes/Kant to some curious teenagers (this is a thing I like to do very much).
    I got started on some cracks on the "cowardly" sergeant today, at least until my head started hurting too much. I think my back & neck are tired out from about 25 hours of carrying bags around/being stuffed into a plane seat. I find it hard to pull of the almost comical Artur/Camelson-style cracks effectively, but it's a style I like very much and I intend to keep working on it. Hopefully I can get the rest painted, throw on some edge highlights, and get started on something new.
    Name:  Cracks.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  198.1 KB

Looks like I'm going to have to go to Kenya... RHINOS and ELEPHANTS ARE AWESOME!!! Marine is looking great too (But not as good as God's creation )
    For God and Country,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP