Forgot, that it works again.

Thanks, guys.
    I've added more junk to my new plague marine/champion:
    Name:  Conversion1.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  171.1 KBName:  Conversion2.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  162.7 KB
    I've got bits from WFB flagellants (bones, skulls, scroll-tabard) and zombies (severed heads), as well as the stuff from 40k kits.

Wonderful sculpting/bashing going on here toadie!!!

Thanks, BAM. Nurgle stuff allows you to kitbash & add just about anything. Super fun. I've added a head, as well as an ornament of some sort (it's part of a zombie standard), then sculpted in the beard so it was a bit sturdier and looked more integrated. I also extended the rope which is wrapped around his head as a gag back to the ropes behind, where they fit rather perfectly!
    Name:  Conversion3.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  307.5 KB

Oooh he's looking great Toad...love how he's coming together...going for the same war ravaged, rust encrusted, decayed look I guess?

You know it, bud. Though I do think I'll try out some new things, plus I won't remember exactly what I did last time! I guess I can hunt back through my own WIP for clues.
    I added a few more doodads (another head, this one from the Plaguebearers, I think, and another pouch, this time from the Cadian sprue). I'm almost out of room to put crap! I'll let things dry/cure, then hopefully get things underway in the paint department this evening.

Default Plague Champ Buttercup

Added more crap, primed & ready to go!
    Name:  Pr1.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  333.6 KBName:  Pr2.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  318.1 KB

Nice looking mini Toad, can't wait to see your magic on this one, is it me but your primer looks a lot grainy?

Looking sweet, hes like speak no vil, hear no evil, do plenty of evil, the primer does look quite grainy or speckled by on a nurgle mini that might actually help

Cheers, guys. I suppose the primer went all grainy in the humidity. Oh well, I guess. I've slapped a few layers of paint on the armor of the plague marine, but I'm still trying ot find my way in.
    I was bored, so I bashed this guy together:
    Name:  1.1.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  289.4 KBName:  1.2.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  290.3 KB
    I'm planning to paint him up in an ecstatic state as he receives some sort of revelation/hallucination.
    Non-combatant & canon fodder personae have always appealed to me within fantasy & sci-fi universes, so I thought I would make some models of this sort of person (I might try out some different painting techniques with these guys, too). This one is pretty simple, mostly Empire Flagellant bits with zombie arms & head (I think this is actually supposed to be a dead, i.e. non-undead, head, but I immediately thought it looked like someone experiencing some kind of rapture), plus a bit of chop & smush.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

The new bash looks like the character John Blanche did that appeared in the ol morpheme rule book.

Work has been churning back into life, and I've been a bit too exhausted (or lazy) to do much painting lately. I've also been struggling with that thing when you don't like the results when you try, so, yeah. Anyway, I forced myself to try to make a start on this guy. Here are shots from above and below, so you can see where I've got the blue shadows located.
    Name:  t.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  278.5 KBName:  b.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  289.3 KB
    It's still rough, obviously, but here's the view straight on. The surface (after plastic cement underneath and a few washes on the top) is quite slick, as you can perhaps see, and the paint dries a little unpredictably.
    Name:  str.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  294.7 KB

I feel like this guy needs a hug
    For God and Country,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

Lookin pretty good man! I think the color of the straps is great and looks a lot like real burlap, and the most flattering of angles is the first one. It is a darn shame that you have the painting blues, considering how amazing your previous mini was. Keep twerkin and workin!

Love the conversions SaintToad.

The paint work on the begging dud looks like a good start. Keep plugging.

I dig the nurgle guy. He looks a bit more polished/controlled than the squad you did previously, which is a good thing. I hear ya on not quite having the mojo to get much done lately though, I've been in the same boat. The zombie pilgrim looks like a good way to start though. Just push through him and psyche yourself up for the nurgle marine .

Thanks, guys. I've done a bit more on the "zombie pilgrim"! I hadn't actually thought he was undead, but he is really pale! I've tried to work up to greyish midtones without losing the bold blue & red in the process. I think I'm going to pull the sacking down into dark greys, simply to neutralize the overall color scheme.
    Name:  4IX.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  302.8 KB

Perhaps instead of a zombie he could be a prisoner finally freed and he's seeing the sun or outside world for the first time in decades, completely awestruck by what he is seeing. The paint is looking lovely btw

Thanks, Sicks. I have in mind a scene where he's emerging from a flight of steps into a room (his back foot will not actually fit onto a flat base if his front foot is flat), the contents of which we cannot see, but which has got him (as you said) awestruck. The primary viewing direction will put us into his immediate vision, so maybe it's -gulp- we who are inspiring him with rapture. Anyway, here's a bit more progress (ink glazes, darkened sackcloth):
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  318.4 KB

Fantastic mini you've put together mate, loads of character with loads of story telling choices
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.