SaintToad's WIP - Page 45
Page 45 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

In my defense, there are actually five mushrumps in the scene... but I'll add more just to keep you all happy! Actually, I think mushrooms are awesome, so I want more of them, too.

A wonderfully apocalyptic scene !!! Way to go on this one!!!

Lovin the base work Especially the fallen log..looks so natural!
    For HIS glory, by HIS Grace,
    TheLost

My WIP thread: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...34-TheLost-WIP

Love this mate, great scene. Esp like the textures on the materials and the dark blood which is very realistic.
    Is there any chance you could redo the whole scene with the pig alive?, I like pigs!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Not a bad effort for an experiment in texture Spectacular stuff mate, the whole scene works really well and your ground work is amazing

Wonderful vignette the ground cover gets more realistic with each addition.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    I like pigs!
    hmmmm, sausage, ham, chops, bacon....

I cannot say it is lovely nor beautiful... xD
    But it-s headed to a great finish!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Well, I think pigs are pretty cool, too... but this one's definitely getting roasted after his organs are subjected to divinatory analysis!
    Here are a few changes to satisfy the ever-needy mushroom lobby on this thread:
    Name:  full.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  423.7 KB
    This first view precedes some subtle grey pigments I applied to the blue 'shrooms in front to desaturate them a touch and differentiate them from the main color of the now blue bird. Here are my mushroom credentials:
    Name:  blue rumps.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  179.0 KBName:  bird.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  169.5 KBName:  r.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  274.7 KB
    I still need to decide where the knife goes. I could lay it in the grass, on the rock, or have it stabbed into the log on his right.

Very nice! Lovin those shrooms!

Name:  20160929_114015.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  1.53 MB
    I guess I need to start thinking about my next project. I have in mind another non-combatant, probably another weird religious zealot or pilgrim or something, This one is going to be appreciably taller than a normal GW rank & file figure. I haven't decided whether I want to sculpt his body to look emaciated or give him a bit of a pot belly. I'm gone this weekend, but hopefully I'll have some time to really get some work did tonight. Hope you're all doing well!

Love the storyline in the piggy vignette I wold say yay as to the blaze in the piggy. He's already cut its heart open so that tells me that he is not the kinda fanatic that would throw his sacrificial dagger to the side .

Started trying to map out muscle volumes for this guy. I wanted to create a really dynamic pose that could never be produced using the molding process, but that still clearly looked like a GW figure. He's also taller than a regular dude-sized GW dude.
    Name:  20160929_161046.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  289.5 KB

Saint, im proud of you man. Your work gets leaps and bounds better every project you seem to do.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

A bit of progress on my latest conversion. I want him to look like a very large, powerful man in middle age, who is not bulging with absurd musculature but who is definitely going to pummel you mercilessly...
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  287.4 KB Name:  2.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  294.8 KB Name:  3.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  281.6 KB
    I tried to upload a collage of my recent project, which I think is finished, but the CMoN security software blocked submission. I wrote to and received a reply from DR, but I cannot solve the issue. Is anyone else being blocked from uploading to the gallery and, if so, has anyone discovered a solution to the problem?

The new guy looks brilliant Saint. If you want slim but powerful build look at reference of Brad Pitt in Fight Club. His physic in that is a anatomy sculptors/ painters dream

Not sure but the guy's face looks to serious, like he's taking a dump, should't he have the mouth open? otherwise great effort on the sculpting! You make them so fast...

Impressive sculpting on your part Rhett !!!

I think this guy's ready for paint. I added tiny masses of greenstuff to form and refine ribs, hair, back, pelvis.
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  273.8 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  465.4 KB

I am been fussy some times sorry Can't wait to see some toad power paint on this.