SaintToad's WIP - Page 55
Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1638

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

Unreal how you put bases. Such Richness in a tiny scene. Really sensational stuff here Rhett . It's in a word enviable.

Stunning array of colors.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Thanks, guys! With the completion of a label, this very fun project is done!
    If you'd like to offer your votes or comments, a few glamour shots should come onto the gallery this evening. Lately I've sort of gotten away from putting stuff up for a vote, but I thought it would be fun to try to build a record of Secret Shoggoth gifts over the next few years!
    Name:  20161217_125546.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  384.1 KB

Default BlackLight!

Here is the Colour Out of Space well under a UV lamp. I used a little handheld blacklight gadget lent to me by my friend who teaches science; it's not powerful, but I think it looks pretty awesome!
    Here are a few alternative lightings that reveal angles not seen in the gallery image. Pardon the sometimes visible blacklight bulb, but I had to get pretty close to cause the pigments to fluoresce! Interestingly, this meant that every little movement of the lamp changed the look of the model, as some parts began to glow and others ceased to do so. Awesome!
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  590.7 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  607.3 KB
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  447.8 KB

Yep, my jaw just hit the floor and my wife down stairs is screaming at me to keep it down. Holy crap that is amazing.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

That's really rather good mate! Howard would be impressed.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

That's..... stunning! An amazing gift for your mystery Argentinian!

Just one unrelated complaint........ oh.... nevermind!
    Last edited by Size000Hero; 12-20-2016 at 03:10 PM.

Voted and commented
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Default Nagrot

​Thanks for the votes and comments, guys. I'll definitely do something like that again!
    Here's a few hours worth of conversion of a Guild of Harmony figure called Nagrot. It's been a while since I've set myself the job of painting a figure! I've decided to treat him as a shaman instead of a head-thwacker, hence the conversions. His very long staff has a mass of mushrooms growing on the end, which I'll probably carry over into the base (I do like that sort of thing).
    Name:  20161220_171021.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  283.3 KB

That's some nice work. I like how the staff is coming out.

tee

The Color out of Space scene looks awesome, I love it. And your conversion work looks excellent as well, great detail at that small scale!

Ooh, I like the conversion so far. Also voted and commented on your lovecraft scene.

Ooh. Lovely work and really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

your a good sculptor I think you should pursue that area of the hobby even more.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    your a good sculptor I think you should pursue that area of the hobby even more.
    Agreed, but also I think maybe Andy is just getting nervous and trying to keep you from overtaking him. He does this to Sporket and 10 and Bailey and Skel all the time o_O Soon he'll have you convinced to just sculpt it and dip it :P
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Agreed, but also I think maybe Andy is just getting nervous and trying to keep you from overtaking him. He does this to Sporket and 10 and Bailey and Skel all the time o_O Soon he'll have you convinced to just sculpt it and dip it :P
    But base coat and dip is what I do there is no other way!
    Here be my ranking=

Thanks for the votes and comments on the Lovecraft scene, guys! I hope it arrives safely.
    Zab, Andy told me to use a size 2 brush, and, well, it paints real cruddy:
    Name:  20161221_183510.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  312.5 KB
    I'm still finding my way into this guy. I'm aiming for that lovely, almost pastel color that Automaton himself (who also sculpted the main figure) uses, while also trying some other techniques out, as well. I'll need to either paint over or refine the little sores, I think, as they don't look quite right yet.

The knees are good a bit of pink on the joints is always a fine idea. Hmm light placement needs a bit more focus. The blue in the shadows under the cheek bones is right take that and put it under the ribs.
    Here be my ranking=