Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1471

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

Nova nova nova I love the fighting gamecocks idea. Wonderful job roadie wonderful wonderful wonderful job .

Your Rooster/Cockerel shield is a thing of beauty Toad, you absolutely nailed the Medieval illuminated text/tapestry style of illustration (not sure if that was your aim).

Congratulations on really pushing yourself on the texture and characterisation on this batch of minis....its really payed off so far.

Sry Saint I am unable to help you on that field, I do not know anything on those painting contests... ;(
    But you can go there and try out, you own some really nice pieces now, specially those that include terrain
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5377 out of 235568 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

Saint, i really like your last miniature. Textures, face, chicken on shield ... i love it all

Agree with everyone else, the rooster shield is brilliant and well executed. This is a great looking group so far.

Good luck to you at Origins! Bring back some pics (and maybe a trophy or two).

Brilliant as always saint. Lots of character and style.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Hi guys, thanks for all the support. I got back from Origins an hour ago, full of excitement. I picked up my minis from the contest around 6:00 to find that I had won best single figure and best Reaper figure for these two fellows I decided to enter:
    Name:  20170617_230141.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  321.4 KBName:  20170617_230052.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  404.6 KB
    I got some really great feedback from the judges and some people around the case, with praise and criticism both appreciated.
    As you can see, the Reaper vizier took a tumble, courtesy of me fumbling him in a chaotic environment. He doesn't seem to have suffered any damage but being knocked off his base and losing about half of his tiny golden baubles, which were all toothpick-superglued on after painting. I can fix em.
    I'm really happy this guy won, as I just love him... in fact, I already have another copy of the figure because I enjoyed the painting of him so!
    For the Reaper guy I got $100 credit. For the Imperial Fist I chose to claim these cool Malifaux things:
    Name:  20170617_230207.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  394.5 KB
    If that doesn't encourage anyone in the Midwest to come join me next year, I don't know what will.
    Last edited by SaintToad; 06-19-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Congratulations Toad, well deserved wins for two cracking minis. I'm sure it will be a massive motivator for you and you got loot too...! Even better.

Well done!

Well done! Keep it up mate you'll go from strength to strength!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Very happy for you. great feeling ,your probably walking on air.you worked really hard and you deserved this!!! Enjoy

great achievement!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Grats Toady my boy. Well done.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Great stuff. Live the fabric of the tabard.

Congratulations Toad!! Happy for you, must have been a motivation boost for sure!
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5377 out of 235568 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

Top work there, well done.

Congrats Toad! That's awesome! The face and skintone on the marine is fantastic!

Congrats matey
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Congrats on the wins! Sorry about the casualty, I suffered one at my first competition too. Must be a rite of passage.

Default Thanks!

Thanks so much for your nice words, everybody. Many of you also deserve credit for so much help over the last few years, too! I was really excited to win and I'm eager to compete again. I'll let BAM steer me toward some more painting & modeling oriented shows, too (as he's already doing).
    So my Summer is just getting underway. I intend to be a useful hubster and get some stuff done around the house, but by even a very conservative estimate, I should have tons of time to paint, build, sculpt (I took a great class at Origins with Julie Guthrie & Bob Ridolfi) etc. I'm eager to continue some projects, start some projects (yes, more. Big ones!), and drop a ton of time into the hobby this Summer. 10, I'll try to vary my actual work to avoid the mega-session, but... it's Summer, man!
    Thanks again for your support, friends. This is virtually the only online signal I emit in my personal life, which is a testament to the goodwill that characterizes the folks on this forum, more than anything.