SaintToad's WIP - Page 89
Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1812

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

Awesome recognition Saint Toad. And well deserved.

Ah, never heard of them before. Hmm, they have a competition at a local school end of April. I may have to see about going to that. I do have some WWII style minis if they don't have a fantasy/sci-fi category (flyer doesn't say). Thanks for the name of the group. Hmm, and they have an event in Gettysburg in September....

ST, Did you have to become a member or was it open to anyone? I can't find anything about it on their web page.
    Last edited by ekipage; 03-31-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks, guys.

​You live near Gettysburg, Eki?

Northern VA, originally from PA though

Congrats fella, 4 golds!

Congrats matey
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Thanks, guys.

Eki, it was open to all and I didn’t have to sign up or anything. They were all super nice, so I recommend you shoot someone an email and see if they have a figure division you could enter with your stuff.

My folks live in Carlisle so maybe we could crash the Gettysburg event together!
    Last edited by SaintToad; 03-31-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Definitely. Will have to see if I am burnt out from NOVA Open, as I have quite a few painting classes going on, but yeah, Gettysburg is only about 2 hrs away, so probably will go. I looked, it looks like they basically run the same comp in different regions just with a different name, at least as far as I could tell from the info on the website (it says over 90 regular contest categories) and looking at the pictures from last year there were quite a few 40K and such figures there.

Congrats on the medal haul there Toad! Awesome you found a local group/competition to participate in, a shared knowledge pool is always a big help in aquiring new skills, especially if they are from different aspects of the hobby.

No doubt, Hairster. I saw some really beautiful weathering, in particular.

Congrats ST! I see many more medals in your future.

Congrats on the medals and well-deserved. I look forward to seeing more website updates from you in the near future. It is always fun to see what you're up to on there

Thanks for the support, fellas.
    Kuribo, I appreciate your interest & enthusiasm, man. Your little kick in the pants got a new chapter up the other day!

Lolololol feels great doesn’t it. I expect to see these atMFCA !!!!!!!!

Not dropped in on Toadchapel for a while....nice to be able to catch up on a few things at once...best of luck at the upcoming show mate

Thanks, Hairster. I always appreciate your stopping by the Chap!
    I’m back from MFCA, having earned two bronze medals for my entries. Considering the quality of some of the works on display, I’m happy with the result as a first effort.
    Name:  EFE04AEA-BA12-404D-B605-6ECFD77ACFF0.jpeg
Views: 105
Size:  1.31 MB

Name:  A671A7B5-D881-4AB9-A828-33BC29EFC30A.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  1.33 MB

The show got me excited to paint more display pieces. I think I have a better idea of what might perform well in the competition.
    I’ve never done a historical piece, but I’m thinking I might give that a whirl, too. To that end, I bought a bust of a Roman senator. I also got a few wooden plinths.
    The highlight of the experience was meeting some great painters and people. I finally got to hang out with BaM, who’s slightly less crazy than he seems. Slightly. I also got to talk to Matt DiPietro for about an hour. He was a pleasure to talk to.
    On top of that I was able to visit my folks on the trip. Two meals from my mom definitely added to the enjoyment!
    All in all, a successful mission. Chances are I’ll head back next year (baby/wife permitting!).

Congrats on the prizes and well-deserved, Toad! I'll be really excited to see what you do with the Roman Senator as I love that time in history and I'm confident that you'll do a great job with it as well.

Thanks, guys. Appreciate the support.
    Feeling inspired by the pieces at MFCA, I finally got back into this fellow, working on his skin for a couple of hours. Please hit me with that feedback!
    I’m planning some liver spots, but I want the skin finished before I lay them on there.
    Sorry for the blurry photo. I get that when I resize the image for CMoN.
    Name:  7D261D7B-F6CB-4EB9-9406-29F2E570F132.jpeg
Views: 76
Size:  70.1 KB

You can see better images here.
    Last edited by SaintToad; 04-14-2019 at 06:27 PM.