SaintToad's WIP - Page 90
Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 408088899091 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1812

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

Congrats buddy-your da best Rhett!!!!

Congrats on the medals. I like were you are headed with the new guy. To mee the red under the eyes seems to intense, but it could just be the photo.

Thanks, fellas. Gives me a place to aim for improvement.
    Speaking of which, I’m still eager for feedback on this fellow. KB, at normal viewing distance it seems noticeable, but I’m ok with where it’s at. Thanks, though- you might be right.

Name:  A1590DF8-DA11-476E-8D78-5552AD142F14.jpeg
Views: 219
Size:  62.4 KB

I’ve done the beard (obviously) and added liver spots with ink.

Again, you can see a better image on the website.

Looks great so far Toad, nice variation in skin tone from the scalp into the fleshier areas with more blood lurking behind them. Didn't get round to posting the other day after your initial pics but was going to suggest some more variation in the markings on the skin....you read my mind with the liver spots though

...if I'm being critical the three liver spots on the right cheek could maybe do with being knocked back a little or there being more tonal/size variation between them.

Beard tones work really well from this angle.

Eyes look very believable from this view as well

Wonder if some brighter highlights/more contrast on the brow furrows may help define things a bit more?

Awesome seeing you work on something a little bigger as well!

Oh and more medal congrats!

Congratulations to your latest trophies
    Well deserved!

Thanks, guys. Hairster, I followed both of your suggestions. I think things are looking better as a result.
    Name:  72A9EA6B-51A7-4FC8-9BBA-7BEC470CB127.jpeg
Views: 206
Size:  72.3 KB
    I’ve also redone the shirt as a cool white rather than a warm one. It probably needs more work, as some of the shadows are a little funny looking.
    Please do keep the feedback coming. It’s so helpful, as you all know.

Great start on this so far. I like the change in color on the shirt, maybe bringing it up to a pure white highlights will help resolve the shadows or maybe get a little grey in the deepest parts. The his cheeks/under the eyes seems a little off to me though. I liked where you are going with the liver spots, but now it seems like the area is a little too pinkish and purple (may just be my monitor though) To me it is starting to look a little more like birth marks on his cheeks, but my eyes are kind of crap without my reading glasses....

Thanks, Eki. I’ve added more depth in the shadows of the shirt. See what you think of the face from this angle. Better picture on ToadChapel if you care to look.

Name:  A6FB5EBA-56C7-4124-9508-C75796ED724F.jpeg
Views: 193
Size:  89.2 KB

Indeed the shirt is great, keep on going

Yeah, the face looks a lot better from that angle, really nice job! You might want to fix that transition line between tanned head and lighter scalp though, it is kind of stark right now. I might gum it up, but I have every confidence that you will do a great job! I am really liking that green over shirt as well, what colors are you using on it?

Looks great! I look forward to seeing the completed project.

The change to the shirt looks great. I also really like the color and global highlights on the beard.

Thanks a bunch, guys. You all know how much the support means.

Eki, you’re right about the transition. I’ll try to sort it out next time I have the flesh tones out.

The paints on the shirt are mostly the following:
    Name:  B590BFA1-377F-4B60-A6EB-D7BB4B814AE6.jpeg
Views: 151
Size:  122.5 KB
    There’s something colder in there from when I started this many months ago, but I can’t remember what it is. The one with the label gone is Reaper camouflage green, I think. I love all these colors, especially Burgundy Wine (which I cribbed from Bailey) and Moldy Skin.
    Last edited by SaintToad; 04-20-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Yeah, I really like that burgandy wine as well. Mix it with some maiden skin or fair skin (from reaper) and it get's this violet toned grey. Oh, and thanks for the well wishing at the contest

The skintones look great, some very realistic variation going on there. I dig the beard too.

Ok, how do we like the cape? I’m aiming for a heavily weathered and highly textured looked like this.

Name:  28F497D0-9E43-45AA-A4F8-BFC29402B415.jpeg
Views: 113
Size:  76.5 KB
    Name:  F70B1B95-8BD1-472A-AA78-652D2FEDDD56.jpeg
Views: 110
Size:  81.6 KB

I would still do a thin glaze over the top to tie it together even though you are going for the weathered look. Skin looks very nice you have improved loads mate.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Exactly as Andy said, reglaze over to knock back the wear and tear and see how it looks you can always add a fresh batch of knicks and scuffs over the top.

Yap, agrre with andy and hairster. Would also probably tune down the highlights a bit with glazes and soften the blends a bit.
    The face really looks fantastic, as well as the beard.

Thanks for the feedback, gents. I really appreciate your help. I’ve gone over the cloak with two thin glazes of VMC Smoke. Let me know if you think I’ve done enough.
    Name:  707DE6C2-974E-4102-86BD-BB2A59786D1A.jpeg
Views: 83
Size:  76.1 KB
    Name:  5087BF6D-9CED-4BB7-B112-7BDE88D24F3D.jpeg
Size:  73.1 KB
    Name:  4F36A59A-B032-4C6E-8CB7-2FD9E894F649.jpeg
Size:  64.0 KB