SaintToad's WIP - Page 91
Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 418189909192 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1823

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

I agree with Andy you’ve improved loads. Even bagged some medals too!!!

I like the looks of the cloak! That VMC Smoke added a nice tone to it. Some really nice work going on there.

That dwarf is looking phenomenal! That latest glaze really brought it all together. I'm a little behind on your site but I look forward to getting caught up in the near future. I love the breadth of articles you're covering there lately. The battle reports are a great read!

Worked a treat....that VMC smoke is such a versatile paint because of its transluceny.

Such a wonderful thing g to see you jumping up levels rhet!!!

Been busy on a few fronts lately, but I’ve been plugging away at my kill team. Here’s one I just finished.
    Name:  6B75D4CC-5D8C-4D9E-B627-081F9B270D29.jpeg
Views: 277
Size:  116.0 KB
    This guy’s got one hell of a hairline! More pics on ToadChapel.

nice work. I love the idea of making the back pack exhaust red.
    i dont think ive seen anyone do that before on dark angels.

I am also glad yer doing someone from dark angels. they are my favorite loyalist chapter.

"The First! the Best!"

tee

I like the Dark Angel (esp. the lovely base), but that dwarf is brilliant.

Great work on that dwarf, it looks excellent! I love the color variations on his face.
    The Dark Angel also looks cool

This is my new favorite from your entire kill em team!!! I live this bud!!! Outstanding job.

Its nice to see how you're getting on with your squad and I'm still enjoying the articles on the Chapel as well. This latest marine has a ton of personality and looks tough as nails. Excellent work as usual!

I simply live my yearning for kitbashing and converting through your thread I’ll always have sights targeting this w I p when I finally one day put the competetivive pots and brushes down and simply finally have the nerve to give it a try-awwwwwwww I WANT MY OWN UNIQUE KILL EM TEAM!!!

Sent you a message Toad!

That dudes hairline looks like mine has started to look.....

Thanks guys, much appreciated. The hairline hero used to have a grenade in his hand, then a chainsword, then finally the auspex, but I still like the resulting kitbash. And I do like the way his hair came out!
    Kuribo, I’m swamped at work at the moment but I’ll be opening up very soon. I should be able to get a lot more content up on ToadChapel. Lately I’ve just been trying to tread some water with little WIP posts. I already have pictures for the next (long overdue) chapter in the ToadChapel narrative, and I’m also putting together something very special with one of our forum favorites! Speaking of which... too many of you missed this, so do yourself a favor and go check out 10 Ball’s tutorial on complex shapes in NMM!
    Happy hobbying, yinz!

Ok friends, I promised you something special and... well, Phil delivered! Hairster has written a fantastic three-part tutorial on his corrosion technique. It’s a signature move of his, and now you can give it a try, too. You can follow the link at the bottom of the page to find the rest of Phil’s article. I tried to post links for all three parts but CMoN thinks it’s spam!

Hairster’s Killer Verdigris: Part 1

A big thanks to Hairster for his generous contribution to ToadChapel. I should also have a few more guest tutorials coming down the pike... you know who you are!
    Last edited by SaintToad; 06-10-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Very impressed with this
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Default Defector!

Thanks, guys. And thanks again to Hairster. It really is an incredible technique. The way he combines just about every medium known to miniature painters is impressive, but you can see in his step-by-step what each stage of the process is achieving. And the results are bananas.
    Stay tuned: I have some more irons in the fire and they’re getting hot!

Anyway, if you’ll indulge me, I’m going to show a WIP of my current project. I haven’t been lazy, I just haven’t been painting minis for a little while.
    Name:  395298B5-A579-47CD-83DA-FB3B69E4CB45.jpeg
Views: 51
Size:  108.9 KB

As sometimes happens around here, I’ve been struck by the 2-D art bug lately. That thing is not a map of feudal Europe or a Lovecraftian beastie, but some lichen growing on a tree. If you’re interested, you can find all my completed pieces here.

Hope all your hobby projects are going great!
    Last edited by SaintToad; Today at 03:37 AM.