SaintToad's WIP - Page 98
Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 1972

Thread: SaintToad's WIP

the finished thing looks great, the leaves are ice touch, they break up the green nicely
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

Yep, I like the scattered leaves too. Geez man, this screams to have a mini to go with it! But I love the idea of experimenting with bases just by themselves.

You want that last one? I’ll send it out to you and you can put a mini on there.

Name:  4744E19B-C69D-467C-A38F-5F471CF63870.jpeg
Views: 203
Size:  139.4 KB

Here’s another little scene. Figured I might as well do a tree to explain the cool leaves I punch out with my little punches! Yay, they came in today. It’ll take a hot minute to get this new scene ready for another leaf litter experiment, as there are a few layers of wood glue that have to dry.

great job on the two bases! I really like this latest one.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    You want that last one? I’ll send it out to you and you can put a mini on there.
    That would be awesome, would you do that? Not sure exactly what I would put on there yet, but I have some ideas...

Fondamento Che Bella - Che Bella !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gorb View Post
    That would be awesome, would you do that? Not sure exactly what I would put on there yet, but I have some ideas...
    I think he was talking to me lol, hope you get it Gorb and put something awesome on it!

Hi fellas, thanks for stopping by. Glad you’re enjoying the odd little show I’m running over here!
    So, for all you guys who just can’t get enough WIP shots of dirt painted up to look like dirt...
    Name:  7B7EDF2E-AA59-4E42-B58E-F838A71ED5E9.jpeg
Views: 169
Size:  107.9 KB
    Here’s just a bit of paint on the new base with a little tree! I got my punches in, so I’m looking forward to slopping some leaf mould on here. Stay tuned for more adventures in non-action. Cool mini or not? Well, it’s definitely not a cool mini.
    Brush up!

Loving this base StToad, looks like it would be perfect for some kind of scarecrow mini, or maybe a Discworld Death style guy with a scythe.

Still plugging away at this base. There are things I’m not happy with if I regard it as a ‘real’ piece, but it’s been a useful test of the ideas I’m working with, and I’ll continue to try out some things. Two lovely models from Nocturna showed up after about a month of waiting, and I do plan to paint them, so maybe you’ll see an actual mini in my thread before the end of the year.

Name:  8CC1BCE3-249C-4936-B77C-11ABC5A794A8.jpeg
Views: 132
Size:  105.2 KB

Oh, and those leaves are punched with my new little gadgets! I like them very much.

Not knowing what you dislike about it, I think it is a great little dio (that is sad because it doesn't have a miniature on it)!

Would you mind sharing the gadgets you’ used for the leaves?

Hi guys, thanks for stopping in.
    Graishak, they come from Green Stuff World, a British company. If you go over to my website I just posted a picture of the exact punches I used. You can get punches that feature three or four different types of leaf or punches that have only one species, but a few different silhouettes for that variety. I got one of each.

Graishak, there is also PK-Pro out of Germany (https://www.pk-pro.de/PK-Punches_1) Punches look the same to me so I am guessing either PK is selling theirs re-branded or they are getting them from the same manufacturer. But it does look like Green World has more choices now than PK-Pro

Another fine micro landscape by the king of basing genius!!!!!!

Thanks guys. Not being aware of PK/Green Stuff World, I was
    searchinh on eBay and found this:
    Name:  E0B0EB57-32B9-4135-981D-F6832FEBCAB0.jpeg
Views: 113
Size:  1.87 MB
    But I just flew over the first product pages of Green Stuff World and
    my mind is yelling at me to create an account and spend some money

I shall perhaps add more of both, but here are some tiny bolete mushrooms and a few shoots of grass.
    Name:  EE7CF744-9EB3-4B9B-A255-E92A419885C2.jpeg
Views: 115
Size:  98.1 KBName:  E1ED30C1-D115-495C-B879-1CA5383A68BB.jpeg
Views: 112
Size:  96.8 KB

Been a while since I dropped in Rhett!

The nature vignettes are wonderful as always. Love the level of saturation/dampness you work in at ground level. The leaf cutter seems to be working a dream as well - GSW has some amazing stuff for sale these days...just frustrating they are based in Spain and shipping costs add up so much (must be a nightmare for you in the US). I have a permanent list of things I want to order from them…maybe I should hold back and see if I can hit the free shipping mark….

If i can be bold enough to offer some thoughts –

You have the groundwork absolutely nailed down on these - It would be good to see you vary the green tones more on the moss and foliage more though, I think this could really push things to the next level for you.

It is well worth airbrushing or painting the paper foliage before it leaves the sheet IMO, take some time to vary the patterns, markings etc on the leaves. I think you can almost treat the foliage as the minis on these vignettes, they are the star of the show and will enhance the piece many fold if you focus on the detail!

Beautiful work though my friend!