Watching Paint Dry - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Watching Paint Dry

uhm...that isn't a dragon. I thought you only painted dragons, or was it you only bought dragons... I forget. Nice work on the bust! I am really liking the yellow shirt, sadly I have not been able to get good results from yellow yet so a bit envious there!

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    uhm...that isn't a dragon. I thought you only painted dragons, or was it you only bought dragons..
    Since April I’ve done 2 Dragon busts, part way through another one(not working as well as I want it to be) bought 2 Dragons Kickstarter’d 2 with Dragons (painted one of those) done a deal to get another classic Wyrm and found two I’d forgotten I had.

I don’t see this as a problem.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

That bust looks great! May I ask who makes it and who the subject is? Eki is right about the yellow. Its a tough color to master and it looks really nice on this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post

I don’t see this as a problem.
    a chap I worked with said the same about drinking a bottle of scotch a night
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuribo View Post
    May I ask who makes it and who the subject is?
    He’s ‘Little King’ from Greg Girault’s sculpting.
    http://Www.cop-project.com.

Really great quality stuff, although I was a little concerned about the quality of the resin at first once primed it looked exactly like the display piece he had down at Euro-Militaire Expo.

As as for the yellow ‘recipe’ I’ll detail what I used later on today.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    , and proud of it.

Looks fantastic! The yellow is very commendable. I like the scarring on the face, as well.

Oh very good, I'd say you're definitely getting the hang of it!

Quote Originally Posted by ekipage View Post
    I am really liking the yellow shirt, sadly I have not been able to get good results from yellow yet so a bit envious there!
    In regard to the Yellow, here’s what I used:-
    Basecoat = Scale75 Sahara Yellow (took three or four thin coats over Vallejo grey airbrush primer)
    Highlighting = Vallejo Model Colour Yellow Ochre 50/50 with Basecoat
    2nd highlight = Vallejo Model Colour Yellow Ochre
    1st shadow = Vallejo Model Colour Ochre Brown 50/50 with Basecoat.
    2nd shadow = Vallejo Model Colour Ochre Brown.
    Tidied up where needed (accidents do happen)
    additional highlights built up with Vallejo Model Colour Yellow Ochre and slowly adding Vallejo Model Colour Ivory.

So I hope that helps you.
    , and proud of it.

I’ll see myself out!!!! I GIVE UP - when you can start to teach older gentlemen painting tricks there’s no reason for me to try and stand against that .lololol
    DR great job on a wonderfully informative thread with some great paintings and helpful tips- I heard you were a bit of a dragon bust girder . Or maybe you just hoard dragons- I’ll bet if Smaug was here youde put him in your gold pile of minis. lol lolllool thanks for a great thread- I love the wasteland warrior ,the ork pilot, and the yellow shirted knight . Thanks for all.

Thanks for the yellow formula. I will have to give it a try (at least with comparable paints as I think I only have the VMC Ivory out of all you listed)