Market survey on miniature price points

Thread: Market survey on miniature price points

Default Market survey on miniature price points

Hi everybody,

I am trying to do a market survey with respect to my new line of miniatures. I would appreciate your responses. This survey closes on Fri, 23 Oct.

Thank you.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TJXP88Z
    Models completed in 2016 so far: 16
    Models in WIP: 22

tp://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/gohkm

Just completed it Kelvin.
    Two points I would have raised, the mounted figures costing price point for Me would depend on how dynamic and active the sculpt is. Ditto the Monstrous size figure.

Now please bear in mind that I've bought box sets simply for a single figure (...yeah let's not tell Fran that though) so box sets might not be my go to action anymore.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Thank you for the response, Dragonsreach. I understand it's really hard to gauge with the survey, as I cannot show anything, so thank you very much for the time and effort.

All I can say is that production is surprisingly expensive.
    After a brief chat with Tre Manor, it seems that the world isn't quite what it was iat the zenith of his production.
    Models completed in 2016 so far: 16
    Models in WIP: 22

tp://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/gohkm

I tried to answer, but it is really tricky. It all depends on what I am getting, really. Though most of the time, if I want it, I want it, and if the model costs 20 or 30 dollars usually won't make a difference unless it was clearly overpriced.

Interesting survey. I rarely think about price for miniatures that i really like. But I guess that thrre must be a tipping point where the impulse buy drops off and you inherently limit the total number of sales.

I personally rarely buy boxes with multiple figures as im usually only interested in painting single figures for display. I guess the gamers out there are likely to be more cost conscious.

I found it too hard to answer the questions sorry.

A box of awesome characterful minis I want to buy as painting pieces is different to roleplaying minis is different to need a unit for gaming purposes, and there as sub-categories within each.

Similar to DR, I've bought a boxset for a model that perfectly suited an NPC in an RPG campaign I was involved in. I didn't much care what the price was. If there is a rack of discounted minis, I'll check it out for something cool I might one day get around to painting. Gaming pieces have a fairly well set price point, varying by material and game scope, i.e. skirmish, warband, army.

The short answer is everything depends.

I think collecting/painting pieces that can be used for gaming would be the way to have a good price point as well as volume. Totally projecting my own preferences of course. I've no idea what the market as a whole is going to respond to.
    The Future Of Magic Wash is Klear

supervike: This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!!

Dragonsreach: Oh my goodness, an Orrery and the Time Machine, at this time of the morning. I think I need a stiff cup of tea.