stlm's trials and errors.

Thread: stlm's trials and errors.

Default stlm's trials and errors.

Hello guys and gals.
    I have been in and out of the hobby of painting miniatures too many times, and I have owned Warhammer for as long as I can remember.
    My only problem have been consistency, so I have started far more projects then I have finnished. Always painting with an army in mind, but this time I have decided to paint just to paint. If it at some point turns into an army or anything like it, that would be awesome. If it doesn't I would be ok with that, as long as my painting improves.
    So I am starting this plog to get some more motivation and to keep track of my progression. Sorry for the textwall, I promise to find some pictures later today.

Regards
    Stian

Time for a small update. I tried to find some old projects, but decided to only post new stuff here.
    So here is what I'm going to be working on in the future.
    Name:  12751690_10153278342907117_1152827898_o.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  121.9 KB
    I will finnish the Tohaas first, since I am waiting for some more Aleph to arrive.
    The first base is still very WIP, and I am currently trying to figure out how to get the green parts to look more fluid (Like the brown parts on the second base).
    Can't seem to recall how I did it the last time, I thought I knew though.
    Name:  Base 2,2.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  64.3 KB
    Name:  base 1.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  41.8 KB

And here is a tiny update on my Tohaa test mini, still not sure about what colours to use on the rest of the mini.
    Name:  Tohaa 1.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  47.3 KB

Regards
    Stian
    Last edited by stlm; 03-07-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Good call on painting for paintings sake IMO, I'm in the same boat, I got back into the hobby thinking I'd collect up a small army then buy the rules and life would be peachy, but I got bored of painting so many similar models in the same colour schemes, these days I find it difficult to finish a whole squad without getting bored let alone an army, variety is the spice of life as they say

Your pics arent showing up for me at the moment but sounds like infinity stuff? I look forward to seeing it

Quote Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
    Good call on painting for paintings sake IMO, I'm in the same boat, I got back into the hobby thinking I'd collect up a small army then buy the rules and life would be peachy, but I got bored of painting so many similar models in the same colour schemes, these days I find it difficult to finish a whole squad without getting bored let alone an army, variety is the spice of life as they say

Your pics arent showing up for me at the moment but sounds like infinity stuff? I look forward to seeing it
    That is kind of why I wanted some infinity for Christmas, so that I might get to play something if I figure out that I want to. Not too many miniatures, and it was refreshing with something new.
    Hmm, something weird happened to the pictures the first time. I think it is working now though.

Small update, trying to figure out if I want the uniform to be black or not.
    Name:  Uten navn.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  9.4 KB

I finnished the first base.

Name:  12084827_10153318530617117_1288876834_o.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  97.6 KBName:  12823155_10153318530547117_1745398981_o.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  88.9 KB

And I prepared the rest of the bases for priming. I fear some of the bases might be too cluttered.
    Name:  12018721_10153318530707117_1769251981_o.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  59.7 KB

Ps: sorry for the bad photos, I will take some better ones when I have the time.
    Regards
    Stlm

I like the black but I think it could hide alot of the detail, perhaps just the cloth sections as black could work, the base looks cool too, I like the slimey look to it

I like the black but I think it could hide alot of the detail, perhaps just the cloth sections as black could work, the base looks cool too, I like the slimey look to it
    Thanks, I am considering to do all the armor plates in red or another colour. I am aslo thinking about changing the skin/face colour for the rest of my Tohaa.

Small update.
    I consider this one to be 97% done, I have cut some corners, but I figured that I just had to finnish something to get the ball rolling again.
    I also visited my local gamingclub to bump my motivation and I met a lot of nice people and saw several awesome minis.

Name:  Toha 3.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  6.8 KB

Name:  Tohaa 2.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  7.6 KB

Name:  Tohaa 1.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  6.4 KB

He is a little rough around the edges, but he is an ok tabletop standard and I am pleased with how he turned out.
    Now I just have to figure out how to translate the scheme to the rest of the gang.

Regards
    Stian

Nice way to get the ball rolling again. Nice looking mini.

Red and black happens to be my favourite colour combo a good place to start off from

Impressive stuff! I look forward to seeing how the minis look on their bases.

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Nice way to get the ball rolling again. Nice looking mini.
    Thank you, I will sort out some things I am not too happy with on my next mini. Like the skin and such, and in the end I hope I will have some cool lookng Tohaas.

Red and black happens to be my favourite colour combo a good place to start off from
    Thanks.
    Cool, I hope I will do your favourite cobo justice in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bob View Post
    Impressive stuff! I look forward to seeing how the minis look on their bases.
    Thank you, so do to be honest. I fear that some of the bases are a little too cluttered and that the colours might clash. I will see how it turns out when I get home from uni today.

Regards
    Stian

Smile

Slow update, I have finished one of my Tohaas. I have also primed the rest and based them.
    I feel like I rushed parts of him, but it feels good to have finished a miniature.

Name:  12528632_10153353688287117_1786592454_o.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  26.0 KB
    Name:  12896250_10153353688122117_1089765923_o.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  36.1 KB
    Name:  12874501_10153353688237117_1653254777_o.jpg
Size:  30.8 KB
    Name:  12443448_10153353688192117_1030962066_o.jpg
Size:  29.8 KB

I really need to learn how to take better pictures, and I have to steal my gf´s camera.

Regards
    Stian
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A friend of mine is planning on teaching me how to play KoW of 8th ed, so I have to do some army glueing and maby some painting this easter. Even though I said that I would stay away from army painting. I guess I will mostly glue stuff togheter and then paint only the minies that I want to paint.
    I think that I will use other colours than red/yellow on the rest, but I will keep the finnished ones red and yellow for flavor.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  156.9 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  165.4 KB

Regards
    Stlm

*edited some grammar.
    ps: sorry for the lagre pictures.