Flunk WIP - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Flunk WIP

Bohun is that you?
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

I had an upload ready to go but I was not happy with some of the shots and certain parts of the model, I will upload it later this week!
    Last edited by flunkUtron; 09-15-2016 at 01:49 AM.

Oh my, that's just fantastic. I suppose I can see that the gun doesn't quite meet the standard you set in the armor plates, but it's still a great piece. You bring such great style to the mini.
    I paint fantasy miniatures and post the pictures here.

Fantastic work flunkie...your style once again aims to please and oozes originality,artistry,and wonderful detail....you my friend are the life of any party.

BAH! Thanks d00ders, gussied up the gun a bit more and snapped some better pics. Link can be found here:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/403737
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Voted / in favs list.. Phenomenal work.

Really nice work, like the color choices and very good freehand also

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Damn, sorry I missed that in person.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Great piece, Flunk, which also spurred me to review your gallery in greater detail. So thanks for that, too! I cannot wait to see what your next project will be.
    He doesn't have the strong red/blue palette I usually associate with your work, but your ability to pull out details without losing the overall coherence of the figure is immediately recognizable. You're in the zone!

That looks excellent mate. Really precision work on the freehand

You really got a 3D look on that intricate armour freehand.... such a madness to work on! Great, great job, voted and "favourite'ed" ^^
    Last edited by Maenas; 09-20-2016 at 09:26 AM. Reason: typo on that ·D --> 3D lol
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Zab wish you could have made it this year! It was a glorious evening, less of an attendance this year but the quality definitely went up by the sci-fi painters, getcha next year I hope. I slaved over this one in the final weeks so I am beyond happy with the feedback I been getting from the fellowship here.

On to the next piece, I will try for a Diorama this time, put my new airbrush to the test and take advantage of the coverage it is capable of.

I did a diorama once.. now I only do vignettes o_O
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Heya boyz! Nothing too flashy this time around, simple kit bash conversion but I liked the movement of it when I was done copy and pasting with my Dark Eldar bits. Trying to focus on realism and conveying different materials more accurately .
    Last edited by flunkUtron; 12-25-2016 at 01:46 AM.

Looks like a Sylvan Eldar, if that's a possible thing. I like the "natural" colours on him.
    Merry Christmas by the way! ^^
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Thanks, Maenas!! Pretty much turning out like a Wood Elf. I will add some flash to the weapons for some bling factor.

The colours on the helmet are lovely.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Stunning. All those extra colours you've introduced make it more interesting to look at.
    In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Thanks AndyG and eyeayen. I been trying to add more subtle nuances to this one after attending the 'Banshee' workshop in Montreal. These pics are super light saturated, not flattering! The colours are much more subtle in person.