You're Doing It Wrong... Handed. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You're Doing It Wrong... Handed.

Nice work Zab and once again thanks for the challenge

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

You forgot to paint his shoes :P
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    You forgot to paint his shoes :P
    No shoes for him. He's a feral Smurf. It's as close to painting an ork as i'll get for now
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

I'm surprised these look as good as they do. You all did/are doing a really nice job, given the insane task you've set yourself!

Lol, it's really not as bad as it sounds. It just takes a lot more consentration, but is a very fun excersize. Also I will accept your answer Zab, only cause I know your trying to build up your street cred again after I caught you painting a wishful female ork
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    Lol, it's really not as bad as it sounds. It just takes a lot more consentration, but is a very fun excersize. Also I will accept your answer Zab, only cause I know your trying to build up your street cred again after I caught you painting a wishful female ork
    Lies sir. i have never painted anything even close to an ork.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Lies sir. i have never painted anything even close to an ork.
    Hmm enough said by digga before

LULS! Also more luls for you guys. Enjoy the paintings of a true non left hander. MARVEL AT MY FREEHAND! MUHAHAHA
    Name:  20160112_071731.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  72.7 KBName:  20160112_071743.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  75.0 KB
    ." -Me-

That looks fantastic it is almost straight not that easy to get that result keep working enjoying looking at progress.

Havent had time myself hopefully some time tonight but not sure.

/K

Hey Guys Zab invited me to post here.

I'm normally a righty. Last July I found a pothole with the front end of my bicycle at around 45km/hr. The sudden stop disagreed heavily with my right shoulder blade and a fair bit of the rest of my right hand side. Some of my old friends from here will probably recall this isn't the first time I've been to the ER due to the bike.

Well I had a commission to paint and a week off work. So what do you do if you have time but can't use your strong hand. Swap over and use the left of course.

Coming clean both of these guys had been cleaned filled, primed and Airbrushed with a top down light before the crash. I think I may have sketched the stripes in on the cat too.

Everything on this Jackalopes after that was done with my off hand.

On the kitty I did the middle 2/3 with my off hand and finished him off with my much restricted right hand. It was some of the most painful but rewarding painting I have ever done. For a while I wasn't sure i'd be able to lift my right arm above 45 degrees ever again. So a little cheating there. Sorry.

I couldn't use my right hand at all so I held the figure in a little hobby vise I have. Every time I wanted to change the angle I had to loosen it one handed move the mini and tighten it again. So it was a slower than normal process.

Nice work man. I did the same thing only my right hand was the vice because I found myself gripping the mini tighter and pinning my hand against the desk to hold it still sometimes. Also thanks for giving me nightmares with that Jackalope
    ." -Me-

Bout to give this a try....standby...
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Here it is...I am a lefty and a righty, so it was only fair that I paint with my foot:

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 156
Size:  667.6 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 156
Size:  667.6 KB
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Fu*k me I nearly dropped my phone then!!!!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

har har har. I didn't hear enough frustrated swearing for this to be your attempt :P

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Here it is...I am a lefty and a righty, so it was only fair that I paint with my foot:
    It's a good effort, but you can't be expected to be good at everything.

Images courtesy Bohun. BTW off topic: I think CMoN has a MUCH more accurate ranking of top artists overall than does P&P. I don't want to mention names, and of course there are artists missing on Cmon that are on P&P and vice versa, but there are a few artists that got some inflation for...different motivations. Personally I think the best are:

1. Yellow One (God)
    2. Banshee (best artist)
    3. Bohun (best Freehand)
    4. Karol Rudyk (best epic scale)
    5. Dmitry Feseschko (best classically skilled artist)
    6. Mmasclans (best NMM)
    7. Popovicheko (best historical)
    8. Digganob

Sorry if this derails thread. If so I'll move it...

You guys brought a smile to me this morning, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Images courtesy Bohun. BTW off topic: I think CMoN has a MUCH more accurate ranking of top artists overall than does P&P. I don't want to mention names, and of course there are artists missing on Cmon that are on P&P and vice versa, but there are a few artists that got some inflation for...different motivations. Personally I think the best are:

1. Yellow One (God)
    2. Banshee (best artist)
    3. Bohun (best Freehand)
    4. Karol Rudyk (best epic scale)
    5. Dmitry Feseschko (best classically skilled artist)
    6. Mmasclans (best NMM)
    7. Popovicheko (best historical)
    8. Digganob

Sorry if this derails thread. If so I'll move it...
    wait...what? Lol. Im confused.....then again thats nothing new.
    ." -Me-

I put you as the eighth best miniature painter of all time. You made BloodFather's Elite Eight. Lol...of course I was being silly there at the end of the rankings, sorry wasn't personal I just needed to think of a random young artist in my personal intimate mini painting workd to put at number 8. Someone who would read it down the line and be all like, "WTF?" Sorry I realize now that my poor attempt at humor reads confusingly.

By the way, did Hurricane Hermine get to you at all?