New Year, New Miniature Exchange 42 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Year, New Miniature Exchange 42

Newbie, please be gentle OneBadMOnkee's Avatar

Sent my package to Khonner, and received a mix of minis from cucaiothegreat. There was chocolate in the package, which didn't survive til the photo session :-).
    Name:  me42.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  148.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Khonner View Post
    Waiting for WintersKnight to be unflagged.
    He sent his parcel today.
    I will inform you when it arrives.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. (Duke Nukem 3D)
    A man … if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free. (Arthur Schopenhauer)
    The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing. (Cole's Axiom)

My personal page on Lost Minis Wiki

All items posted.

Khonner - RX539932806DE
    OneBadMonkee - RR539932868DE
    TarrekNoire - RX539932885DE
    Cucaiothegreat - RX539932871DE

Tracking is available on the DHL website.
    Last edited by gohkm; 02-29-2016 at 05:03 AM.
    Models completed in 2016 so far: 16
    Models in WIP: 22

tp://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/gohkm

Received ME42 from Cuciaothegreat! I don't recognize any of these, though. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by gohkm View Post
    Received ME42 from Cuciaothegreat! I don't recognize any of these, though. Thank you!

IIRC they are (left to right): Chronopia Orc, Martian from Mars Attack boardgame (I had a lot of fun painting some of these invaders from the space), some guy from GW Lord of the Rings, Warzone Nepharite from Target Games. Sorry no clue about the black primed guy in the bottom row - but surely some WH40000 grunt from GW!
    Hope this helps!
    Last edited by cucaiothegreat; 03-01-2016 at 04:08 PM.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. (Duke Nukem 3D)
    A man … if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free. (Arthur Schopenhauer)
    The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing. (Cole's Axiom)

Got a parcel from Schwarz-Brot with some great miniatures.
    We have a Grymn Pack from Hasslefree and a very unusual "He-Man"-like barbarian (anyone remembering Master of the Universe?) from Kevin Kosse.
    It is already assembled on my painting desk and ready to be primed.

Name:  ME42a.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  90.9 KB

@OneBadMOnkee: please unflag this great guy and send out his well deserved parcel!

Many thanks.

Brilliant, thanks! I've got a big collection of assorted old Warzone/Chronopia, this will fit in nicely .

Quote Originally Posted by gohkm View Post
    Brilliant, thanks! I've got a big collection of assorted old Warzone/Chronopia, this will fit in nicely .
    I'm a big fan of old Chronopia & Warzone miniatures.
    I don't play the games, but the models are great!
    I have several boxes I can trade / Exchange if you are interested.

Received my parcel from OneBadMOnkee on monday although I was not unflagged then. What a huge pile of stuff! Thank you so much!!! I feel your piles of unused minis must be even larger than mine is...
    Pretty much of this is going to be used by me. Can you help to identify what I got? There's two Kemri by GW, I guess. Those tin ladies I recognize. I remember I loved the right one back when I abandoned the hobby. Too cool to get this one as kind of a gift, though I don't remember which company made it. The left one looks familiar as well.
    What the hell is this crude plastic thingie under the reaper blister? And where do those Mech-things come from? I don't even recognize these. But I think I will build and paint some of them.

If I counted correctly I got a total of 21 miniatures. Plus some heads and an asortment of bases (not pictured).
    Thank you very much, Holger. This is a great box.

Name:  ME42-2.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  1.70 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Newbie, please be gentle OneBadMOnkee's Avatar

Happy to see you like the minis, Schwarz-Brot!
    I'd wanted to include a letter, but then I had already sealed the parcel...
    You're ight, there's two Khemri guys from GW, army standard bearer and sorcerer.
    That grey plastic mini is a Dreadball player from Mantic Games.
    The female archer is from Heresy Miniatures, a really splendid mini. The other female, I have no idea...
    The mechs and scifi cops are from em4.
    Have fun painting!

The other lady might be from Excalibur? Did not find her but only browsed quickly. She is sculpted pretty well, so I am not sure. Stefan Niehuess (the guy behind Masquerade Miniatures) did lots of Minis for Excalibur and the style might fit.

Today was a good day.. I managed to get packages from both Monkey and Tech. Some pretty good stuff as you can see.. That Anime figure that Monkey sent me looks interesting.. Thank you gentlemen..

Smile Miniature Painted

I have managed to paint the "He-Man"-like barbarian I received from Schwarz-Brot.
    He "challenged" me to paint it and post a pic, and in retribution he will paint the "Skeletor" miniature he has, so I hope to see that posted soon on the forum.
    Please forgive my poor painting skills - I made a quick painting and used Coat d'Arms shader to complete the miniature - and also consider that pic was taken with a mobile phone. I must say that I like the final result
    Hope to hear soon from Schwarz-Brot, many thanks for sending me a great miniature and very funny to paint!

Name:  422305856_3114.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  98.2 KB

Ha, that was fast!
    I feel he needs a matte coat. Personally I would retouch the highlights again on the hair and the fur of his boots with a beige colour (bonewhite, bleached bone - something like this). Even a quick drybrush should make it pop and take a bit off of the very yellowish look. The base could use some drybrushing action as well. Looks like you did a good job on all that naked skin.
    So... well. I guess I really, really have to paint that skeletor...

For more of Kevins' work you may try Battlefield-Berlin or search other shops for "Tins Bits".

If you organize another ME let me know. I will gladly join.

And maybe such a painting challenge is a nice idea? How about making it a (somewhat optional) rule to paint at least one of the received minis, chosen by the sender? I feel this could lead to everyone painting uncommon and/or crappy stuff for fun. And you get to work on stuff you might never have expected...

What do you think?

... off to the painting table, working on skeletor...

Khonner that bottom photo of figures is from me??

Yep, the bottom pic is from your package Tarreknoire, my bad on calling you "Tech".. I got the "T" right..

did you open the Lone Ranger pack .... dang which figure was it... ?

I just opened it this morning.. I got a Tonto..

Received my stuff from Khonner. Thanks!

Er, I don't recognize any of this stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think 3 high elves from GW, 1 25mm AD&D fighter, 2 pieces from the Wrath of Kings Teknes starter box and a couple from the last bones kickstarter. Hope you find something you want to paint..

Khonner